Mac McClung

• 2 weeks later...

image.png.54aa6c60813396509d2627833a18c184.png

UVAOBSERVER: "That’ll serve him well in the NIT, which is pretty much Georgetown’s ceiling this year, absent some very unlikely performances from here on out.  BTW, neither Ricky nor Cal won a title."

You're right Rickey and Cal has won as many titles in racing as UVA has in football and basketball.  

12 hours ago, Bowalker said:

image.png.54aa6c60813396509d2627833a18c184.png

UVAOBSERVER: "That’ll serve him well in the NIT, which is pretty much Georgetown’s ceiling this year, absent some very unlikely performances from here on out.  BTW, neither Ricky nor Cal won a title."

You're right Rickey and Cal has won as many titles in racing as UVA has in football and basketball.  

Interesting that you’d have an account on here for 10 months yet choose this thread (and that weird pic/caption that has nothing to do with anything) as your coming out party.  But hey, you do you.  

BTW, Georgetown is 101 in the NET, and has more Q3 and Q4 losses than Q1 wins.  Banked 3s are nice, and 37-point outings are nice, but let’s keep in mind where the TEAM is.

For the record, UVA has won a title.  In fact, 25 of them across 6 different sports.  So long as we’re keeping count of these things.  Might be a good idea to wait another 10 months before posting again.  See you in November, I guess.

On 1/13/2019 at 11:33 PM, UVAObserver said:

Interesting that you’d have an account on here for 10 months yet choose this thread (and that weird pic/caption that has nothing to do with anything) as your coming out party.  But hey, you do you.  

BTW, Georgetown is 101 in the NET, and has more Q3 and Q4 losses than Q1 wins.  Banked 3s are nice, and 37-point outings are nice, but let’s keep in mind where the TEAM is.

For the record, UVA has won a title.  In fact, 25 of them across 6 different sports.  So long as we’re keeping count of these things.  Might be a good idea to wait another 10 months before posting again.  See you in November, I guess.

What 16th rank team will blow UVA out this year?

• 2 weeks later...

Eating at Red Lobster after church today and glanced up at TV screen in distance...woah, that's McClung.  Gotta love a SWVA kid on the big stage playing in Madison Square Garden...Mac had a VERY good day.  Congrats young man...hope the ankle is soon at 100%.

Tim Hayes @Hayes_BHCSports

Mac McClung (Gate City) today for Georgetown #Hoyas vs. St. John's at Madison Square Garden: 25 points (9-19 FG, 3-4 FT), 5 rebounds, 5 assists, 1 steal, 2 turnovers. He's played in 16 college games and scored in double digits in 11 of them. #LocalsInCollege #BigEastConference

great state

35 minutes ago, Falcon Mania said:

You gotta admit it.  The kid is doing good.  The lights aren't too bright and the stage isn't to big for this kid.  Good Job Mac

Very odd year for the Big East.  You have no great teams, and just 2 solid teams (Marquette, Villanova).  The rest of that conference is a slog of mediocrity (every team from 3rd to last has exactly 3 Ws in the W column).  It’s not unrealistic that just 2 teams from the Big East make the NCAAs if all 8 teams from 3rd-10th keep beating up on each other.  I say that to say this: I couldn’t think of a better situation for a talented, but raw, kid to land if said kid were to play in a major conference. 

His offense has been legitimate on a major D1 level, and he deserves all the credit for that.  Defense is still poor at best, but that’s also a team-wide affliction, and why Georgetown is sub-100 in the NET.  

I’m happy that he’s succeeding thus far at this level; it exceeded my expectations.  I do hope that he turns some attention to defense.  That’s the difference in playing professionally stateside and playing professionally in a country that doesn’t speak English.

I wish him the best.

On 1/28/2019 at 1:27 PM, UVAObserver said:

Very odd year for the Big East.  You have no great teams, and just 2 solid teams (Marquette, Villanova).  The rest of that conference is a slog of mediocrity (every team from 3rd to last has exactly 3 Ws in the W column).  It’s not unrealistic that just 2 teams from the Big East make the NCAAs if all 8 teams from 3rd-10th keep beating up on each other.  I say that to say this: I couldn’t think of a better situation for a talented, but raw, kid to land if said kid were to play in a major conference. 

His offense has been legitimate on a major D1 level, and he deserves all the credit for that.  Defense is still poor at best, but that’s also a team-wide affliction, and why Georgetown is sub-100 in the NET.  

I’m happy that he’s succeeding thus far at this level; it exceeded my expectations.  I do hope that he turns some attention to defense.  That’s the difference in playing professionally stateside and playing professionally in a country that doesn’t speak English.

I wish him the best.

Very odd all time History for UVA men's basketball.  They cannot win the big games unless no one is watching.  I don't know what is worse , relaxing on defense or choking.  They are # 1 at getting to the big game until people notice.  This is strictly a coaching problem who is worried about his own reputation more than the men playing for him.  He has this game plan that has ZERO chance of winning a title once they play the elite players like Zion, Barrett and yes McClung.  I am sick and tired of you trashing Georgetown and Mac then at the end of every post you wish him the best and your happy.  Well guess what, no one cares if you like him/them or not.  Mac is already a celebrity with near 1 million followers, interested in him.  And one last thing , you don't have to worry about Mac going to another country where they don't speak English, because little do you know he can have a very good future in the United States without basketball.  P.S.  So why don't you just get on one side of the fence or the other and stop spewing out of both sides of your mouth.  BREAKING NEWS:  Mac has already made it.  You were wrong, your still wrong and I don't think your the type to ever admit it.   You need to change your thinking, basketball has changed.  The Jerry West logo must go and give Jordon, Lebron and maybe Mac the logo, the real players.