17-0????

GMan

Graham beat them 17-0...had two player with three goals, three player with two goals, and five players with a goal apiece...10 players had goals in the game.

22 hours ago, GMan said:

Why does Grundy even field a soccer team?  Losing by that much does ZERO for those kids...

Politics of Buchanan County is why there is Comi Kickball at Grundy!!

2 hours ago, GMan said:

Graham beat them 17-0...had two player with three goals, three player with two goals, and five players with a goal apiece...10 players had goals in the game.

Sadly, this happens a lot. Richlands has beaten them by double digits several times over the past few seasons. 

3 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Sadly, this happens a lot. Richlands has beaten them by double digits several times over the past few seasons. 

Yes, I know.  Everyone seems to whip them by double digits, thus my question...why do this to the kids???  I'm sure it isn't fun.

On 4/19/2017 at 11:29 AM, GMan said:

Why does Grundy even field a soccer team?  Losing by that much does ZERO for those kids...

Demand for soccer generated by new residents associated with law and pharmacy schools?  Purely a wild guess on my part.

They'd be better served by building from the ground up with youth programs and certified coaches if they're serious about playing, IMO.

Not sure if they still do or not (haven't lived in Grundy in a couple years) but I know a few years ago they had youth leagues In the county. Pretty sure every year they also had a camp  with some maybe pro players as the instructors? I think the issue with soccer in Grundy is that most of your better athletes just don't play soccer.

Well, there kinda is a "mercy rule", or not if the district chooses not to use it...

From the VHSL Handbook...

Eight-Goal Rule
-The Eight-Goal Rule shall be in effect for all regular season,
district and conference tournament matches. The Eight-Goal Rule provides that if, at anytime
after the mid-point of the second half of play, one team leads by eight (8) or more goals, the
match shall be terminated. When schools play outside their district, the home district's policy
applies.
78-4-4 Exception
-Prior to the start of the season, District or Conference Councils may
elect not to use the Eight-Goal Rule for its regular season and/or tournament matches
78-4-4

OK. Our games can end in the first half if the score difference becomes 9. That would relieve anyone from getting bigger leads and having to prolong the game well into the second half.