7 on 7 season has begun

Falcon Mania

On 6/13/2017 at 7:17 AM, Great City said:

You mean we actually had a kid come from DB?

I assume he is a freshman?

Who was at QB?

Kyrin will be a senior. He tried to transfer last season but wasn't able. And like mentioned above, we also got a kid back who left GC after 8th grade to go to DB, he's now 6'3 and weighs about 227lbs as a rising Redshirt Senior. He'll be a good addition in the backfield to Calhoun who is probably 6'1 and 250+Lbs. 

and to answer your question, Sallee QB'd in the 7 on 7 at VHS. I reckon he was slinging it, but some inexperience on reading the defense costed us a couple INTs. But the kid ain't afraid to sling it. We just need to get him quicker, or be sure we give him plenty of time to get rid of the ball inside the pocket. 

Vermillion didnt recieve any reps at QB because he was at Georgia for a kicking camp. I think Culbertson worked with the 2nd team offense. My opinion is that the job for QB will remain open between those 3 for awhile. They all have their own upsides. 

Vermillion: probably the best at reading the defense and making changes at the LOS

Culbertson: probably the quickest and fits into the style of offense Akers runs. (Gotta be quick to get the ball to the right back and be able to take some hits when your # is called)

Sallee: no doubt he is the better gun slinger of the bunch and would sling it every play if they let him. His size slows him down but then again that size is hard to bring down. And right now, I think Sallee is one they are going with, he'll be the future QB of GC so go ahead and let him start the next 3 seasons. 

Watched Richlands at UVA Wise they didn't impress me any need a lot of work on Offense and Defense DB's need to cover more and receivers need to catch the ball more but that's from all new players starting this year! I'm sure there coaching staff will have them ready come Gate City! Looks like the Logan kid from Hurley is playing ILB beside Seth this coming season both of them has put on some size this off season look for big things from them two! Richlands Offense and Defense line looked good over on the other field their very big Neil and Andrew are the biggest out of them look for them two to be all state again!

I haven't seen them yet. I know they did all that yesterday at VT without 3 starters in the secondary. 

I think this years defense has the chance to be very good. It will likely have to pull Richlands through early as the new offense starts to settle in and gel. 

Brown will be the QB. We know he can run, ala River a few years back. I'll be interested to see how his arm is.