Please remember in our prayers !

Bigrhsfan

Guys,  If you all could remember Mike Compton from Richlands in your prayers !  Mike volunteers to help the Blues football team and does so much to help and is a great guy,  but he had a massive heart attack the first of the week and is at Holston Valley hospital and will have open heart surgery this Friday 6/24/2017 and both he and his family need your prayers !

I need to edit this,  I just found out that his heart suffered more damage than first thought and he is unable to have his surgery tomorrow and is in critical care unit and as of right now it is unknown as to what type of care or when, please pray for Mike and his family,  they are having a tough time right now as you can imagine.

Thanks !   

Hey GMan,  sorry it took so long to get back to ya but it has been a busy day.

As far as I know right now he is still in Holston Valley in the critical care unit.  I am good friends with Mike but I have not been able to talk to his wife yet as I am sure you can understand,  so getting my info 2nd hand right now.

Thoughts and prayers sent up!  Heart Attacks/problems have hit my family hard over the years and even after a recovery the effects can linger on and snowball into other health concerns.  Hope this gentleman has a full recovery and can get back to being as close to 100% as he possibly can. 

Good buddies with Mike from being on the race team plus my dad working down at Kidd tire. Not a better person that would do anything for you to help out. Didn't realize it was that Mike Compton that was being mentioned. Will watch for updates plus will post if I find anything as well. 

Guys,  the last info I got,  he was still in critical care and they are still not sure what kind of care he will need.  Still is way to weak to have surgery and they said his heart is only pumping at 15 to 20 %.  They hope to know what they can do for his care in the next couple of days.  His is a very sick man right now.

Thanks for all the prayers and thoughts for him and his family !

Info I have which would come from as straight from the horse's mouth as possible is he is stable.  Has a blood clot that is being treated before further treatment or surgery.  Originally scheduled for surgery for cancer on Thursday on his neck and surrounding areas.  Heart attack has that on hold.  Have more details but will reserve that for some privacy.

My thoughts and Prayers are with Mike and his family. May our Holy Father touch Mike and heal Mike's body with all HIS Grace, and through Our Faith in Christ. We ask Our Lord to be with the family, giving them strength and confidence that Mike will be healed. Our Lord is the Great Physician ! May God Bless Mike and his Family!

• 2 months later...

Been a while since anybody has mentioned Mike.  I do have an update for those interested.  He was finally able to have the surgery that was originally scheduled.  His heart is up to 25% from 15%.  He is now on the transplant list.  Anybody that knows him knows he has been able to work a bit but still long long way to go for him.

17 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

Been a while since anybody has mentioned Mike.  I do have an update for those interested.  He was finally able to have the surgery that was originally scheduled.  His heart is up to 25% from 15%.  He is now on the transplant list.  Anybody that knows him knows he has been able to work a bit but still long long way to go for him.

Saw him at the Amherst @ Blacksburg game a few weeks ago (Richlands BYE week). Was good to see him up and at a game. 

Mike I hope you can read this short prayer.

Our Holy Father is watching out for you each second of everyday. He will heal you through your Faith in him and provide you with strength each day by his Grace. Have faith in our Lord. He is our great Physician. It is times like this that test our Faith. Be strong young man. May God bless you. Our Lord will take care of all your needs. He is with You NOW, and He will be with you eveyday. This is Our Prayer for you Mike!    Amen.