Southwest District

BlackWolf5

28 minutes ago, bgibb said:

Richlands. Love my G-Men but I don't see them beating Richlands.

If you go on Preps, Graham is one of the favorites to make the state title game. 

1. Richlands

2. Graham

3. Marion

4. VA High

5. Tazewell

6. Lebanon

And there's a lot of elbow room between everyone ranked 1-4, so unless someone vastly under or over performs, I wouldn't anticipate much wiggle room until you get to the bottom. You never know with new head coaches, but it would appear that the Neers and Dawgs will race "not to finish last."

1 hour ago, 99Bama said:

That says a whole lot about Preps.

There is a couple of Graham fans over there that are very excited about their team, looks like  their using different names but looks like the same ones that has been there for years , same thought process.  Looks like they have everybody believing with them, well almost everybody.  Time will tell, time will tell.

On 7/21/2017 at 4:46 PM, Plywood_King said:

And there's a lot of elbow room between everyone ranked 1-4, so unless someone vastly under or over performs, I wouldn't anticipate much wiggle room until you get to the bottom. You never know with new head coaches, but it would appear that the Neers and Dawgs will race "not to finish last."

I would like to think better for us but honestly have no idea what to expect.  Expectations aren't great but who knows what will happen.  All I ask for is some defense this year...

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/24/2017 at 9:04 AM, stu_bean said:

I would like to think better for us but honestly have no idea what to expect.  Expectations aren't great but who knows what will happen.  All I ask for is some defense this year...

Numbers may be low, we have our 3rd coach since the end of last season. Just hope the kids we have can be competitive with the tuff schedule they have to face!

1 hour ago, Bulldogs52 said:

Numbers may be low, we have our 3rd coach since the end of last season. Just hope the kids we have can be competitive with the tuff schedule they have to face!

I only counted 28 in the team pic. Is that right? 

IMG_2352.JPG

1 hour ago, EH31 said:

It's sad that Bland had just as many come out as Tazewell. But at least they'll look good with the Nike uni's and white helmets. 

From what I understand most are the underclassmen that played for Harris.  So with limited juniors and seniors I won't complain. 

2 hours ago, EH31 said:

It's sad that Bland had just as many come out as Tazewell. But at least they'll look good with the Nike uni's and white helmets. 

What is the deal with all the white helmets?  I myself can't stand them, I've only seen a select few that I have liked.

1 hour ago, Ryan4VT said:

I LOVED the white Richlands helmets last year. ???

Mind you this is my opinion, they were ok.  To me if your school or team only has 2 colors and one of them happens to be white, ie. Richlands Navy & White, well you don't have many options.   On the other hand, if your team has multiple colors  I like it when they are used on the helmet. 

5 minutes ago, Chappy said:

Mind you this is my opinion, they were ok.  To me if your school or team only has 2 colors and one of them happens to be white, ie. Richlands Navy & White, well you don't have many options.   On the other hand, if your team has multiple colors  I like it when they are used on the helmet. 

Silver is still a school color and should be used more in my opinion.  That being the case, I would much rather have silver helmets as my 2nd than white. I remember the all silver unis with a silver helmet back in the 90's and those are one of my all time favorite in school history.

I would also love to see a full color pic of the old Carolina Blue unis they used to wear back in the 60's.

1 hour ago, cityofRaven said:

Silver is still a school color and should be used more in my opinion.  That being the case, I would much rather have silver helmets as my 2nd than white. I remember the all silver unis with a silver helmet back in the 90's and those are one of my all time favorite in school history.

I would also love to see a full color pic of the old Carolina Blue unis they used to wear back in the 60's.

I did not know silver was one of Richlands colors.  Navy and Silver are Northwood's primary colors, they have gone away from the silver and replaced it with white and I can't stand it.  For the first 20 years of the school (give or take 2-3 years) our helmets were silver with navy facemasks, I loved them.  Northwood had an all silver uniform to go with the silver helmet in the late 90's too.

1 hour ago, Chappy said:

I did not know silver was one of Richlands colors.  Navy and Silver are Northwood's primary colors, they have gone away from the silver and replaced it with white and I can't stand it.  For the first 20 years of the school (give or take 2-3 years) our helmets were silver with navy facemasks, I loved them.  Northwood had an all silver uniform to go with the silver helmet in the late 90's too.

Silver was actually the primary color for Richlands in 1995. The history behind the all silver uniforms began in the '94 playoffs against Lee. The Blues warmed up in their standard home blue jerseys then came back out for the game in the new silver jerseys. Ended up putting a then school record 66 points up for the win.

The next year they brought in silver helmets for the all metallic look.

48 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

I'll take the white helmet over the stupid Furman logo we had a few years back

I agree, that is by far the worst Tazewell logo. I have always appreciated the big T with the bulldog logo.

1 hour ago, Chappy said:

I always preferred Maroon and Gray myself!  ;)

When Colobro came to Gate City he changed the color from the Royal Blue to Carolina Blue and it was atrocious. He finally came to his senses and changed it back, they actually had players quit playing football over it.

38 minutes ago, SXSW said:

When Colobro came to Gate City he changed the color from the Royal Blue to Carolina Blue and it was atrocious. He finally came to his senses and changed it back, they actually had players quit playing football over it.

Did not know this, thanks for the share! I always assumed that Carolina blue was Gate City's original color and then they changed to Royal blue.