Scrimmages

Hokiebird7

1 hour ago, nrv_football said:

Anyone catch the Giles and Hidden Valley scrimmage? 

I did not go to it but I heard positive things from some Giles fans. I heard the O-line was pretty aggressive and the back field didn't do bad despite not having chapman. Im not sure who is playing fullback or wingback but I heard that we had some quick guys carrying the ball. I will get to check them out this Friday!

53 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

I did not go to it but I heard positive things from some Giles fans. I heard the O-line was pretty aggressive and the back field didn't do bad despite not having chapman. Im not sure who is playing fullback or wingback but I heard that we had some quick guys carrying the ball. I will get to check them out this Friday?

The Bird the Bird, The Bird has the word.  Tell us one man that lives closeth to resting place of Angels. 

I didn't think Tazewell looked too bad. They are very, very young with Freshmen playing on both sides of the ball. Any type of injury to a starter will be a killer for them because of such a lack of depth. Line play was surprisingly good but they are small.

Plenty of speed on the team just hope they can get in the open.

They did tackle and that was an improvement over last year.

36 minutes ago, old_school said:

I didn't think Tazewell looked too bad. They are very, very young with Freshmen playing on both sides of the ball. Any type of injury to a starter will be a killer for them because of such a lack of depth. Line play was surprisingly good but they are small.

Plenty of speed on the team just hope they can get in the open.

They did tackle and that was an improvement over last year.

Montcalm man Montcalm

10 hours ago, sixcat said:

Pulaski jamboree, 2-quarter segments.

Pulaski 14 George Wythe 14

Liberty Bedford 12 George Wythe 0

Galax 7 Liberty Bedford 2

Rustburg 7 Galax 0

All I know of at this point. 

Sounds like the little guys invited to the party from the MED held up well. Nice!

Side note: It's going to take some getting used to saying we're from the MED lol

6 minutes ago, gwloyal said:

Sounds like the little guys invited to the party from the MED held up well. Nice!

Side note: It's going to take some getting used to saying we're from the MED lol

No joke!  It's been a little over 30 years since Galax and GW were in the same district. If everyone behaves like responsible adults, I think it will turn into one of the best rivalries in VHSL regardless of sport. 

29 minutes ago, sixcat said:

No joke!  It's been a little over 30 years since Galax and GW were in the same district. If everyone behaves like responsible adults, I think it will turn into one of the best rivalries in VHSL regardless of sport. 

Agreed, and I feel like everyone will...I'm hopeful, anyway. 

4 hours ago, sixcat said:

Agree it has the potential to be great. And I like the sound of MAROON Mayhem once a year. 

14 hours ago, Bulldogs52 said:

Final in T-Town 40 to 20, Dogs be back home in October!

5 hours ago, stu_bean said:

Any thoughts about it?

Ok, this is what I think--revelatory, nope, but hope for this young team, yes.  The Dawgs with their football program the last few years, have faced more adversity than all other local programs combined.   They are young, they are few, but if they combine their determination with commitment over the next few years, they can bounce back.  I know several wonderful people from T-Town and I think they rank right up there with the best of our local communities.  Are there some fans and vocalists who have contributed in this downward spiral, certainly, but I am reminded of the scripture "he who is without blame cast the first stone."   Do we want to be "stone throwers" to this young team, or be honorable and say  "out of ashes these young pups can grow into awesome Dawgs."    This is what I hope for this team, and I believe it can happen with time.