Week 1 Scoreboard: 8/25/2017g

Deleted Account

Damien Sordelett @DamienSordelett 

Jefferson Forest coach Bob Christmas confirms QB Nathan Pribble broke his left ankle in loss to Staunton River. #LNApreps

Bulletin Sports @BulletinSport 

FINAL: Magna Vista 32, Dan River 16

great state

10 minutes ago, graham32 said:

Terrible officiating. Smh

I had a pretty clear view of that play and I thought he crossed the line.  Was very close though.  Graham did not execute well enough to win, and thus it wasn't.  Great game to watch.  Well done Beavers.

1 minute ago, UVAObserver said:

I had a pretty clear view of that play and I thought he crossed the line.  Was very close though.  Graham did not execute well enough to win, and thus it wasn't.  Great game to watch.  Well done Beavers.

I was watching it online and his knee was down and there was a ref looking directly at the runner. And still no call. Blows my mind 

2 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

I was watching on the stream and from the view they showed it looked like his knee was down first. Incredibly close though. 

I saw the replay and it clearly looked like his knee was still off the ground. Great game. Officiating questionable but can't blame officiating on a goal line stand at the end of the game. Bluefield was the better team tonight when it mattered most. 

Also a great game plan by Bluefield. Kept Taymon out of the game.

1 minute ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Just a little early to crown them state champs...Salem is still there

I'm not crowning them, but I'm just saying that I could see it. More than likely Salem will be the team to beat for Bburg to make it there, and them two will more than likely have to play each other twice

wslsScores @wslsScores

Morehead (NC) beats Martinsville 34-27

Alleghany (NC) beats Grayson County 20-14

ABC13 Sports Retweeted

Roger Keaton @CoachRKeaton 

Chatham HS 79, James River HS 54. Final. Preston Turner sets state record for TDs with nine.

Brian Woodson @bdtwoodson

Princeton loses a heartbreaker to Buckhannon-Upshur, falls 20-19 in overtime to the Buccaneers. Close on a 2-point conversion on final play

Rodney Young @yjake

George Wythe 26 Radford 18 final

great state

Tough call at the end of the game. I couldn't see it from where I was so I can't say whether it was the right call or not. Why would you punt it to Taymon? Freddie dodged a bullet there. 

Altogether it was an evenly matched game. One of the better defensive games I've seen at Mitchell. The G-Men will be ok but they have to figure out how to get Taymon the ball more. When he lined up on the outside Bluefield would put their safety above the corner and take him completely out of the picture. When you have a guy that can take it to the house anytime he touches the ball you have to get him the ball in space. Imo you have to put him in the slot or in the backfield more.  He has to touch the ball more than 7 or 8 times if graham wants to go far. 

6 minutes ago, Bearcat Bob said:

Clarke County 39   Dominion 24.  This ought to open some eyes in 2A.  Clarke is better than last year with a super stud at RB (sophomore). 

Almost certainly going to be a Clarke County-Goochland title game this year.  Appomattox stands a fair chance of getting back there if not Clarke or Goochland.