Graham vs Tazewell

bgibb

So I know that it isn't a game even on the radar this week, but it is still a county rivalry. What is everyone expecting in this game? I am curious to see if Graham will experiment with a QB change this game or not.

What I want to see and continue to see every week is for Tazewell to be able to control the line on offense more.  Give time to setup the pass instead of the QB running for his life.  Defensively Keep things sharp work on QB containment.  Also some points score would be nice.

Also on another note I would like to see Graham come out and be respectful and limit their trash talking although that may be asking for to much...

11 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

Also on another note I would like to see Graham come out and be respectful and limit their trash talking although that may be asking for to much...

I really didn't see any trash talking at the graham-beaver game. First one of those games I've watched without a personal foul as well 

13 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

What I want to see and continue to see every week is for Tazewell to be able to control the line on offense more.  Give time to setup the pass instead of the QB running for his life.  Defensively Keep things sharp work on QB containment.  Also some points score would be nice.

I also didn't see any "trash talk" at the Beaver game. I believe this whole thing about Graham trash talking has been blown way out of proportion. Last year, before they would come out on to the field, they would be in a huddle and would chant a few times "come get some" then they would make their entrance.  The only game I thought it got out of hand was the Richlands playoff game. With this being said, I am not a fan of this, but to classify it as trash talk and disrespect, and for it to be made such a big deal to some people blows my mind. This is football, there is going to be "trash talking" and I would bet my bottom dollar if Graham would have been losing last year instead of winning, not a word would have been said about there little pre game chant.

No disrespect meant to you stu_bean, but if you are worried about Graham trash talking and being disrespectful, you are in for a surprise when yall play the  Beavers this year.

What I want to see from the Bulldogs is come out and execute from the beginning off the game as they did in the 2nd half against V-High. And if the score gets out of hand I don't wanna see them just give up! They could have given up last week after a 35 to 0 deficit at the half, but they didn't! Give Em Hell Bulldogs!

2 hours ago, bgibb said:

I also didn't see any "trash talk" at the Beaver game. I believe this whole thing about Graham trash talking has been blown way out of proportion. Last year, before they would come out on to the field, they would be in a huddle and would chant a few times "come get some" then they would make their entrance.  The only game I thought it got out of hand was the Richlands playoff game. With this being said, I am not a fan of this, but to classify it as trash talk and disrespect, and for it to be made such a big deal to some people blows my mind. This is football, there is going to be "trash talking" and I would bet my bottom dollar if Graham would have been losing last year instead of winning, not a word would have been said about there little pre game chant.

No disrespect meant to you stu_bean, but if you are worried about Graham trash talking and being disrespectful, you are in for a surprise when yall play the  Beavers this year.

As I said in a post before I do expect it from a rival to a point.  I know what I saw last year at the Martinsville game.  They came out on the field and started barking and heading towards the Martinsville sideline before coming to their own.  All I can say is what I have seen in person and take that with what others have said.  If I really want to get down to disrespect, I could bring up the 4th and long pass with minimal seconds on the clock and already up by several...

I don't care for the jawing getting out of hand regardless win or lose.  I believe in sportsmanship from all aspects and that includes fans as well.  There are a few of our fans I would have like to sent back to Tazewell early in the game.  But at any rate I hope they keep it clean from that perspective and we shall see if they can do it two weeks in a row.

As far as Bluefield, I really don't know what to expect since it was either 96 or 97 since we played them and at that point didn't keep up with what was going on.  I will make a point to watch and observe and post my observations later on that.

The worst thing for Graham is playing Tazewell this week.  It will give a false sense of security when the QB takes the snap, drops back, gets rattled with the reads, then tucks and runs and unlike Bluefield, when he runs on Tazewell, nobody will be home and it's 6 points because the Tazewell defense will be that bad.  Look for the Graham QB to have huge yards on called pass plays and to have a huge game in rushing giving the Graham faithful a false sense of security at QB.  The problem for Graham is when they play a defense like Bluefield's, and Richlands and Giles will have a defense in the realm of Bluefields, and this is where the problems occur.  The same thing will happen in round 2, and definitely by round 3 of the playoffs.  Without a QB change at Graham, there is no way they get past round 3.  They literally are no threat to throwing the football and you can not win like that in 2017.  The 1980s are long gone, and I hate to say it, but ask Gate City fans.  We have had to learn the hard way the past few years, but even with this year, our QB can get the ball 7 yards in the air to a receiver accurately.  I have never really seen hardly anything like that at the High School level regarding the QB at Graham's inability to throw the ball what literally seems like is 7 yards.  The sad part about that situation is that it's hurting the kid at QB more than the kid who is currently not at QB because the kid currently at QB seems like he may be a D1/FBS type player at flanker or WR, and he is not being played at his best position.  The Graham coach should have made the change in the Gate City scrimmage, and definitely by the start of the Bluefield game, and if not that, by the 2nd half of the Bluefield game.  <------you can see the pattern here which is why I questioned the decision making of the Graham coach after seeing them in the second half of the Bluefield game. 

Graham moves the ball and scores at ease. Trying new players in different positions during this game will not be a true test of their ability. Tazewell is young and hopefully these players will stick it out and stay together. The Tazewell coaches need to stick it out as well so those young men have a stable atmosphere. Would like to see all three county schools competing for playoff spots.

6 hours ago, Gil'sBlues said:

Graham moves the ball and scores at ease. Trying new players in different positions during this game will not be a true test of their ability. Tazewell is young and hopefully these players will stick it out and stay together. The Tazewell coaches need to stick it out as well so those young men have a stable atmosphere. Would like to see all three county schools competing for playoff spots.

IMG_1996_76.pngI'm still confused as to how this happens 

17 hours ago, Gil'sBlues said:

I doubt there is a younger team in the area.  The team, coaches and community need to be patient. 

20 hours ago, TTownTigers said:

The worst thing for Graham is playing Tazewell this week.  It will give a false sense of security when the QB takes the snap, drops back, gets rattled with the reads, then tucks and runs and unlike Bluefield, when he runs on Tazewell, nobody will be home and it's 6 points because the Tazewell defense will be that bad.  Look for the Graham QB to have huge yards on called pass plays and to have a huge game in rushing giving the Graham faithful a false sense of security at QB.  The problem for Graham is when they play a defense like Bluefield's, and Richlands and Giles will have a defense in the realm of Bluefields, and this is where the problems occur.  The same thing will happen in round 2, and definitely by round 3 of the playoffs.  Without a QB change at Graham, there is no way they get past round 3.  They literally are no threat to throwing the football and you can not win like that in 2017.  The 1980s are long gone, and I hate to say it, but ask Gate City fans.  We have had to learn the hard way the past few years, but even with this year, our QB can get the ball 7 yards in the air to a receiver accurately.  I have never really seen hardly anything like that at the High School level regarding the QB at Graham's inability to throw the ball what literally seems like is 7 yards.  The sad part about that situation is that it's hurting the kid at QB more than the kid who is currently not at QB because the kid currently at QB seems like he may be a D1/FBS type player at flanker or WR, and he is not being played at his best position.  The Graham coach should have made the change in the Gate City scrimmage, and definitely by the start of the Bluefield game, and if not that, by the 2nd half of the Bluefield game.  <------you can see the pattern here which is why I questioned the decision making of the Graham coach after seeing them in the second half of the Bluefield game. 

Why are you hating on #10 so much???  Did he steal your girl??? 

Last week was his very first start at QB...big stage and bright lights...he'll be fine.

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 0:10 PM, GMan said:

Why are you hating on #10 so much???  Did he steal your girl??? 

Last week was his very first start at QB...big stage and bright lights...he'll be fine.

GMan- I have been married for 32 years and bye God, I wish he would come and still my "girlfriend"/wife/wench!  Freedom!!

Hey man, not to knock number 10 because this kid seems like a superstar.  Down at Gate City, he looked to me to be the best athlete on the field and right there with Cooke.  This kid has the athletic ability to play at the next level at WR/Slot/Flanker etc, and I think FBS type ability.  He's gifted.  But, he's not playing at the next level at QB, and as long as he's at the QB level in High School, he's just not going to be a passing threat for defenses, and it's going to hurt his chances for playing at the next level.  I questioned why the Graham coach doesn't have the guy at WR.   But hey, it's not my call.  I am not paid the big bucks to coach and don't have the knowledge to do so, but....I can move some dang coal from point A to point B with the best of em.

49 minutes ago, GMan said:

OK, T-town fans...dress warm for tonight's game.

I left Tazewell @ 2PM and it was 72* on my car, I get home in Bluefield and it is 58* on my back porch with wind and mist.

This is late October weather not Sept. 1st weather...

Thanks a lot, Hurricane Harvey.

1 hour ago, GMan said:

OK, T-town fans...dress warm for tonight's game.

I left Tazewell @ 2PM and it was 72* on my car, I get home in Bluefield and it is 58* on my back porch with wind and mist.

This is late October weather not Sept. 1st weather...

Funny i just got home and said the exact same thing