Union at Letcher Central

trumpet1988

1 hour ago, IRISH-FAN18 said:

Hahaha those Eastern KY refs! VA teams should never go to KY unless its for a pre-season scrimmage.

There's a reason Graham has historically gone very deep into TN to find opponents as opposed to hopping the KY line.  KY has homerism the likes of which we cannot comprehend.

4 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

There's a reason Graham has historically gone very deep into TN to find opponents as opposed to hopping the KY line.  KY has homerism the likes of which we cannot comprehend.

I remember the Union Middlesbrough and PV Breathitt series. It was god awful 

16 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

It'll be closer than that.  The crooked ass officials down that way will ensure it.

I think Union will smack them all up and down the field regardless of officiating. But I can agree, KY officials are horrible when it comes to out of state play.

15 hours ago, goose111874 said:

Seems like last time we went to Letcher we had over 150 penalty yards so don't expect much difference this year.  Hopefully the game don't get to chippy this year with the fans all being on the same side.  At least we'll outnumber them if it gets ugly.

When Haysi went there in 2005, there was a visitors side if I recall... I don't think there were many seats, but there were some.  Now they don't have any?

Last year was bad, I worked the game and the LC player used a racial slur at our players, later a cheap shot and a player thrown out with a bench clearing . I entered the field as a cop but the refs restored order. I understand that LC coached told coach Turner he was sorry about the player, and told him he had been ejected before and that he was a senior. We will see if the refs want to call the game or be part of it

GC played in a jamboree over there several years ago. They were hitting people 3-5 yards out of bounds every chance they got and it wasn't called one time. Alcoa lost at Corbin a couple of weeks ago. If that tells you anything about KY (pun intended) officiating.

4 hours ago, BigWinners said:

I can't wait for this series to be over. Union gains nothing, and there's huge risks. Always dirty play, poorly officiated over there, etc..

Schedule a TN team or another VA team, no more KY teams. 

I'm with you on another TN team can't remember many problems with the officiating.  I'm sure Travis was expecting to get some good power points from them but it hasn't worked out.  Maybe get Sullivan North back until they close.