Gate City @ Daniel Boone

Jason

12 hours ago, Leatherhead Larry said:

36 yards of offense. 

2 first downs. 

Calling a timeout on 4th and 8 deep in your own territory, then fake it. (Genius!!! They'll never see that coming!!!) 

Injured players playing on phones during game.

Injured players and reserves laughing and cutting up during butt stomping. 

Whispers about the coaching from players after the game. 

I believe we have officially drove the last nail in the coffin tonight. 

You know it's bad when fans start leaving before the 4th qtr even starts. 

Welcome to the new norm of Gate City football! 

IMO, it won't get better any time soon either. Boone does have a good team, but GC got outgained what? 411 yards? There are already several kids not playing who could greatly help this team and the players we have now are the ones who are playing because they love football regardless of who is coaching them. Just wait until they are discouraged enough to quit playing. I don't think most fans realize yet just how bad it is behind the scenes, but they will.

8 hours ago, Grapeape said:

This is, for me,  the most upsetting aspect: the acceptance by players of losing. When I look at my Facebook feed after a 35-0 drubbing and see players posing for pictures with big grins on their faces it makes me sick. No idea how to fix it; ya'll tell me. Maybe Jarhead was right. 

On to Union, I guess... 

Yup. You lose, you get your butt back to locker room, shut up, take shower, and go home pissed. There's a couple of players who understand that, and I mean just a couple. Losing has become acceptable by the program. It disgusts me. 

4 hours ago, gc1 said:

IMO, it won't get better any time soon either. Boone does have a good team, but GC got outgained what? 411 yards? There are already several kids not playing who could greatly help this team and the players we have now are the ones who are playing because they love football regardless of who is coaching them. Just wait until they are discouraged enough to quit playing. I don't think most fans realize yet just how bad it is behind the scenes, but they will.

Players are already quitting. Had one who has played since he was 9 years old quit this past week.