To those who care

Ryan4VT

I’m gonna take a few steps back for the next little while. I said some things that were highly out of character for myself tonight, and lost my cool in a way I’m 100% not happy with. It’s not who I am or who I want to be. 

I’ll still keep the pickem up to date. I’ll decide on the Podcast after the weekend is over, but I feel I need to put myself in the penalty box. 

Good luck to all the teams the next several weeks. 

26 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

I’m gonna take a few steps back for the next little while. I said some things that were highly out of character for myself tonight, and lost my cool in a way I’m 100% not happy with. It’s not who I am or who I want to be. 

I’ll still keep the pickem up to date. I’ll decide on the Podcast after the weekend is over, but I feel I need to put myself in the penalty box. 

Shame on you !

31 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

Please continue the Podcast, regardless.

1 hour ago, Suit Up said:

It sounds like a sad excuse, but richlands fans are not used to losing. We have done very little of that in the last 15 years or so and we aren't very good at it. 

Richlands for going on three decades has been known primarily for its strong defense among teams in SWVA & the state. Shaking up your staff by getting rid of your DC of over 20 years may not have been the best decision. If it ain't broke , don't fix it. No worries, next week should be a win, don't get too down. Graham's probably the only team left that could beat the Blues. 

2 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Happens to the best of us...losing sometimes brings out the worst in all of us. Don't beat yourself up too bad. It's a good man who admits when he feels he has stepped over the line. 

6 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Richlands for going on three decades has been known primarily for its strong defense among teams in SWVA & the state. Shaking up your staff by getting rid of your DC of over 20 years may not have been the best decision. If it ain't broke , don't fix it. No worries, next week should be a win, don't get too down. Graham's probably the only team left that could beat the Blues. 

I'm much more concerned about the offense than the defense. Richlands has played some stellar offenses and offensive players, collier is something special. The offense though, just doesn't have any big time playmakers tho consistently put up points.

Keep the podcasts coming. 

I am not preaching or anything but the Lord forgives those who seek repentance. That is why Jesus was sent to earth. Don’t let the devil get you down.

We have all said and done boneheaded things while high on emotions. 

You’re a good guy. The fact that you are owning your mistakes says a lot about your character. 

Just move forward. Keep supporting your Blue Tornado and your Hokies  

40 minutes ago, Suit Up said:

I'm much more concerned about the offense than the defense. Richlands has played some stellar offenses and offensive players, collier is something special. The offense though, just doesn't have any big time playmakers tho consistently put up points.

True, offense doesn't really have a running or passing game. They lost some talented players last year. 

If I did that every time I said something "out of character", I'd be a hermit.

Can't live life in the dark behind a closed door...

Sometimes the words that come out are truer than most people want to hear or believe...if you said something that people got pissed about, it is more than likely their problem, not yours...

I have no idea what is bothering you, or why you are beating yourself up. You certainly seem to have always had your act together, and gave wise advice to others. I am probably twice your age and more. There is very little that I have not seen or witnessed over the years. God has been good to me, and I will always be thankful to him for all the blessings he has bestowed upon me. Have I ever been down on myself? Sure. That's when I need my spiritual guidance to help me.

There are times in life that we go through that seem helpless and unforgiving. We do not know what tomorrow has in store for us, we can only hope that what ever comes our way, we will be able to deal with it. Life gets tough at times. Don't sweat the small stuff. Sometimes all I need is a talk with our Holy Father. Poor it out, My Friend. He is listening when no one else is.

As I look at the world today and see all the problems of terrible hurricanes, homeless people, wars and rumors of wars, well my problems are small in comparison to what many folks are facing everyday.  Would they trade places with me or you? You bet your boots they would. It is good that we take the time to evaluate ourselves at times, and see if we are headed in the right direction. Sometimes the olé ship may need to change directions, or rethink just what we want out of life...... What is really important in this short life on this place called Earth.

Relax, My Friend and have a serious talk with God. He will give you all the answers. May God Bless You!

I try to hold back on what I would really like to say at times.  But sometimes you just have to let it go.  Part of being a passionate fan is getting fired up and emotional at times.I had my time a few years back about Richlands in the playoffs.  I think it's a great thing to see people passionate about their team just as long as it doesn't get into name calling or going to far.

Ryan everybody has those moments. I did it last year. It was during the marion game. I thru heck of fit on here. But I was mad. But I learn from that mistake. We are all human and have emotions towards something we care or love for. It's understandable. Just got move on. You be fine. Your swva football family here to help.