Pulaski

Bluefield

Graham

Galax

Richlands

Ridgeview

Marion

Virginia

Flip a coin with the first 5 and place in any order in my opinion as they are all close.  Flip a coin with the second five and place them in any order as 6-10 are very close as well.

7 hours ago, BigWinners said:

SWVA, so I won't include Bluefield. (Fair warning, don't put Blacksburg lol)

1-Graham

2-Union

3-VHS

4-Marion

5-Ridgeview

6-Abingdon

7-Battle

8-Richlands

9-Lee

10-Grundy

I kinda just stuck to Region D or Mountain Conference teams. 

To make up for this travesty of a poll, I'm including Bluefield twice so that the points will even out.

(1) Bluefield

(2) Bluefield

(3) Union

(4) Graham

(5) Giles

(6) James Monroe

(7) Marion

(8) Virginia High

(9) Abingdon

(10) Richlands

On deck: Galax, Ridgeview, Pulaski County, John Battle.

4 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

To make up for this travesty of a poll, I'm including Bluefield twice so that the points will even out.

(1) Bluefield

(2) Bluefield

(3) Union

(4) Graham

(5) Giles

(6) James Monroe

(7) Marion

(8) Virginia High

(9) Abingdon

(10) Richlands

On deck: Galax, Ridgeview, Pulaski County, John Battle.

When was Bluefield, WV annexed into VA again? I must have missed it. 

I'm only familiar enough with Region D teams to really make a list, so that's what I did. I haven't seen Giles, didn't include Bluefield bc they aren't even in Virginia, ditto for James Monroe, know nothing about Pulaski, etc..

Ive only seen Bluefield on the link posted of the Graham game and if I listed them (like I have in the past, before deciding to stick to teams I know, the horror!), I'd have them #1. TTown's list was way worse, I at least attempted to be reasonable. 

6 minutes ago, EH31 said:

Facts. 

Naaa, my list was sound and simply an opinion like the rest of the posts.  No right or wrong here.  5 teams in Giles, Bluefield, Graham, Union, Pulaski.  They all play on neutral fields.....flip a coin.  There's not a lick of difference in any of them.  They are all solid.  The second five I gave are not as good as the first five, but close to each other.   I started to put Gate City at 10th, but had to think about it for a bit.

Just now, TTownTigers said:

Naaa, my list was sound and simply an opinion like the rest of the threads.  5 teams in Giles, Bluefield, Graham, Union, Pulaski.  They all play on neutral fields.....flip a coin.  There's not a lick of difference in any of them.  They are all solid.  The second five I gave are not as good as the first five, but close to each other.  

That's not how a poll works, Jimbo. 

4 minutes ago, EH31 said:

That's not how a poll works, Jimbo. 

I'm not familiar with a Jimbo, but I got my top 10 and your got yours.  Let me repeat em for you in order....

Giles, Union, Pulaski, Bluefield, Graham, followed in the second half by Galax, Richlands, Ridgeview, Marion, Virginia.  On a neutral field, I think Giles beats Union, Bluefield, Pulaski and Graham.  On a neutral field right now, I think Galax beats Richlands, Ridgeview, Marion, and Virginia.  Only my take of course.

32 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

When was Bluefield, WV annexed into VA again? I must have missed it. 

I'm only familiar enough with Region D teams to really make a list, so that's what I did. I haven't seen Giles, didn't include Bluefield bc they aren't even in Virginia, ditto for James Monroe, know nothing about Pulaski, etc..

Ive only seen Bluefield on the link posted of the Graham game and if I listed them (like I have in the past, before deciding to stick to teams I know, the horror!), I'd have them #1. TTown's list was way worse, I at least attempted to be reasonable. 

But this is a SWVA Sports Top 10, abd Bluefield, James Monroe, Pulaski and Giles are in the coverage area. 

Your poll would be like saying you don’t know much about the Big 12, so you’ll leave TCU and Oklahoma out of your poll. 

6 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

But this is a SWVA Sports Top 10, abd Bluefield, James Monroe, Pulaski and Giles are in the coverage area. 

Your poll would be like saying you don’t know much about the Big 12, so you’ll leave TCU and Oklahoma out of your poll. 

Then I took SWVA Sports wrong. SWVA is the shorthand for southwest Virginia, so I stuck w that. 

A more apt comparison would be a site called SEC Sports that had fans of schools like Memphis or UAB in the coverage area having this thread and someone sticking to SEC schools. 

I know basically nil about Giles, JMHS, Pulaski or Bluefield. I don't know how good they are, so I simply tried to give an educated guess on a top 10. None of this is scientific. If it makes you two feel better, I'm gonna edit out my list completely so it doesn't skew the results.

7 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Then I took SWVA Sports wrong. SWVA is the shorthand for southwest Virginia, so I stuck w that. 

A more apt comparison would be a site called SEC Sports that had fans of schools like Memphis or UAB in the coverage area having this thread and someone sticking to SEC schools. 

I know basically nil about Giles, JMHS, Pulaski or Bluefield. I don't know how good they are, so I simply tried to give an educated guess on a top 10. None of this is scientific. If it makes you two feel better, I'm gonna edit out my list completely so it doesn't skew the results.

I can help ya out. Bluefield has beaten both graham and richlands, this in theory should probably cause them to be rated above them. Giles is probably almost as good as graham( lost to them in ot) so they should be fairly close. And Pulaski beat Abingdon earlier this year so they’re probably better.

10 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

No, it's your list. I was just saying that it's the SWVA Sports Poll. Also, SWVA could be construed as Southern West VirginiA. I know it's Usually S.WV, but I've seen some refer to southern WV as SWVA before.