Lee vs Abingdon

mw0729

17 minutes ago, 93' Alumni said:

Let's all be realistic here, Lee's Defense didn't show up because battle took the playmakers out of the equation for the most part. Lee stayed in a defensive formation that allowed battles offensive line to get into position to get in the way of their playmakers. As a defensive minded person you have to free your playmakers up so they can get to the ball. If you have playmakers at the linebacker position you use your linemen to occupy the offensive line so your linebackers can make plays. Adjustments go a long ways in this game.

I'll have to take your word for that since I didn't see the game. I knew that Lee/Battle was a toss-up game, but I did not expect 40-28. Thought it would be more like 21-14.

15 hours ago, 93' Alumni said:

You don't think the Wynn kid can step in and carry the load on offense? 

14 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Not like Crusenberry did. 

Ill agree, the crusenberry kid is a good ball player, hes strong, quick and reads blocks well. 

Wynn is strong, he's not as quick, and against Union I seen he missed alot of open holes. 

Again, this is just my opinion

What's happened to the Crusenberry kid? I hope nothing serious, he's a Sr and hope to see him back to finish his HS career.

2 hours ago, PeaceMaker said:

Let's all be realistic here, Lee's Defense didn't show up because battle took the playmakers out of the equation for the most part. Lee stayed in a defensive formation that allowed battles offensive line to get into position to get in the way of their playmakers. As a defensive minded person you have to free your playmakers up so they can get to the ball. If you have playmakers at the linebacker position you use your linemen to occupy the offensive line so your linebackers can make plays. Adjustments go a long ways in this game.

I thought Lee's defensive playmakers were their defensive tackles.  Let's be real here, you don't need LBs if the tailback is on his back 3 yds in the backfield.

2 hours ago, CriticalNoise said:

Ill agree, the crusenberry kid is a good ball player, hes strong, quick and reads blocks well. 

Wynn is strong, he's not as quick, and against Union I seen he missed alot of open holes. 

Again, this is just my opinion

What's happened to the Crusenberry kid? I hope nothing serious, he's a Sr and hope to see him back to finish his HS career.

So there were a lot of open holes in the Union defense? How many times did he miss an open hole?

38 minutes ago, PeaceMaker said:

So there were a lot of open holes in the Union defense? How many times did he miss an open hole?

Not many open holes at all, but the few times he could've gained some yards he didn't seem to hit right hole.

3 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Not many open holes at all, but the few times he could've gained some yards he didn't seem to hit right hole.

Did any of you actually see the stats from that game? Or are you just acting like you know what you're talking about? 

Screenshot_2017-10-31-15-14-37.png

22 minutes ago, PeaceMaker said:

Did any of you actually see the stats from that game? Or are you just acting like you know what you're talking about? 

Screenshot_2017-10-31-15-14-37.png

To which game(s) are you referring? All the Union stats I post come from the BHC.

14 minutes ago, CriticalNoise said:

I don't know where those stats come from or even what game, but apparently not the BHC, but I still think Crusenberry was the better back. 

Never was in question who was the better back. How did this conversation even remotely relate to that? The conversation was on whether the other back could step in and carry the load. Then everyone wants to start comparing. Most things are a matter of opinion anyway.

2 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

I just hope Lee County has budgeted enough money to send the General staff to Nick Saben's Crimson Tide football camp next year because the Butch Jones and Dabo Sweeney camps haven't seemed to bare fruit.

Unfortunately, the Butch Jones camp for his players hasn't bared (is that a word?) much fruit either. Maybe Jon Grudens will!  Lol

36 minutes ago, 24282 said:

Lee has the talent to beat Abingdon,  but we'll get out coached again.

This year like last year wheels fall off in the last two weeks of season.

We'll get a first round exit in the playoffs.  Maybe at Bullitt Park.

I totally agree. I think first round losses in playoffs goes back a little farther than a year, lol, of course with the exception of the Appomattox miracle.  This playoff system is great, you can beat three very bad 2A teams (no disrespect intended) and a couple respectable 1A teams and your talking playoffs. Playoffs!  You said Playoffs.  For the most part seems like Gate City folks are ready to run Mr. Akers out of town but I can't help but to wonder what Lee's record would be if they played the same schedule as Gate City.