Union vs. Richlands rematch

trumpet1988

2 minutes ago, parsons said:

If Mitchell is touching the ball every play, I'll take Union by 2 touchdowns.

I've followed Union for a while my observation is they start the season as good as they will be. They lost a state quarter final 2years ago to a Clarke County team that couldn't have beat Grundy. 

2 minutes ago, EH31 said:

So Richlands is gonna hold Union to less than 14? Because history is showing Richlands offense can't score more than 2 touchdowns. 

Someone remind me of the score when these two met in the second game of the season.  Not saying Union will be held to 14, but don't discount Richlands defense, it's better than it was early in the season.  This may be a low scoring game, and it could be a high scoring game, won't know until the final buzzer sounds.

40 minutes ago, T52OS said:

I've followed Union for a while my observation is they start the season as good as they will be. They lost a state quarter final 2years ago to a Clarke County team that couldn't have beat Grundy. 

hasn't basketball started for you at Central yet? 

3 minutes ago, Blue 72 said:

Someone remind me of the score when these two met in the second game of the season.  Not saying Union will be held to 14, but don't discount Richlands defense, it's better than it was early in the season.  This may be a low scoring game, and it could be a high scoring game, won't know until the final buzzer sounds.

I don't think he was taking a shot at Richlands. He was just disputing a point someone else made.

1 minute ago, Blue 72 said:

16-7. Which is a 2 score win (cough cough @Ryan4VT ?) 

but I wasn't discounting Richlands defense I was discounting their offense.  I expect it to be a low scoring game..I highly doubt it'll be a high scoring game because union doesn't give up 2 touchdowns a game and Richlands offense doesn't score more than 2 a game. That was my point. 

1 hour ago, BearDawg said:

Where did you come from?  Unions strength of schedule is pretty high when compared to most other 2a schools. Gate city rated a 67 and Richlands a 64ish. Union has a low 50’s. Central Woodstock, who is 10-0 and making a lot of noise, has a strength of schedule rating of 21!  So my friend, who is your school. Let’s take a look at their schedule. Just for kicks and giggles. If Richlands pulls the upset, then I tip my cap to them and wish them luck. But the boys will determine the outcome tomorrow night. 

1 hour ago, Ryan4VT said:

If they have GC's schedule rated harder than Richland's than whatever site that is, is dead wrong. 

I'm betting dinner at the Ridgeview Deli Mart he got it from VHSL Reference.

3 hours ago, T52OS said:

Only two schools on Union schedule had winning record this season. My guess is Union season is about to come to an end! 

If you are trying to say Union doesn’t play anybody, you have your opinion. Some teams were down. But then again, Union did get first seed which is largely based on wins and strength of schedule. 

Also, the defense from 2015 was not a great defense. Poorly coached defense. That defense almost cost a game or two in regular season 2015. A much better defense this season. A much more well rounded team this year. 

Don’t hide your envy. 

7 minutes ago, trumpet1988 said:

If you are trying to say Union doesn’t play anybody, you have your opinion. Some teams were down. But then again, Union did get first seed which is largely based on wins and strength of schedule. 

Also, the defense from 2015 was not a great defense. Poorly coached defense. That defense almost cost a game or two in regular season 2015. A much better defense this season. A much more well rounded team this year. 

Don’t hide your envy. 

Union would not be #1 if they did not prove themselves on the field.  My hat off to them for that, they deserve the position, and they won the honor of playing #8 which happens to be Richlands, which by no means is your average #8.  This makes for a great 1st round game and make no mistake about it, both teams will bring the wood in this game. It will be well worth the price of a ticket. Put on your coat and wool hat, bring the hot coffee, because the fur is getting ready to fly.

1 hour ago, EH31 said:

16-7. Which is a 2 score win (cough cough @Ryan4VT ?) 

but I wasn't discounting Richlands defense I was discounting their offense.  I expect it to be a low scoring game..I highly doubt it'll be a high scoring game because union doesn't give up 2 touchdowns a game and Richlands offense doesn't score more than 2 a game. That was my point. 

1 hour ago, swva_havok_fan said:

I'm betting dinner at the Ridgeview Deli Mart he got it from VHSL Reference.

Oops. Could’ve sworn it was 8, not 9. At least I was one point off and not 10 or something lol. 

Abd I actually didn’t look up the score. I was going off my senior-year-frazzled brain lol. 

My best friend at VT that’s not named Brady is actually the son of the man who owns/runs that site. 

Just to throw my 2 cents in on the guy with 9 total posts (probably all on this thread), Union’s loss to Clarke Co was a  state semifinal (not quarterfinal) and Clarke Co was a far better team than most realize. 

Back on topic, should be a good game Friday. Safe travels to Richlands folks and dress warm!

On 11/7/2017 at 3:04 PM, Unionguy_2017 said:

I've seen a pretty decent amount of film on them. They don't necessarily blow you away on tape, but they are deceptively great. Kinda like Clarke Co. was in 15

Well, I must have watched the wrong Clarke County what was so great about them. That Richlands team that year had Appo. Beat with 5 min. left in 4th quarter and just gave it away. Appo. Humiliated Clark County. 

3 hours ago, T52OS said:

Only two schools on Union schedule had winning record this season. My guess is Union season is about to come to an end! 

We will see. I guess beating 4A MW that went 4-6 against teams like DB and Greeneville sucks. Ridgeview was 9-1, and Union handled them. Abingdon had a winning record. Battle and Lee went 5-5 IIRC. One of those sub .500 teams is Richlands, a team you are picking to beat Union. Schedule must not be that bad, as they still had highest power points.

21 minutes ago, GoBearsGo said:

Just to throw my 2 cents in on the guy with 9 total posts (probably all on this thread), Union’s loss to Clarke Co was a  state semifinal (not quarterfinal) and Clarke Co was a far better team than most realize. 

Back on topic, should be a good game Friday. Safe travels to Richlands folks and dress warm!

I knew that was a semi-final I just wanted to see if you were a true follower of union football. 

2 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Don't feed the troll. 2015 Union CRUSHES Grundy

I was saying Clarke County could not have beaten Grundy that crushed Union. The bears just about lost my support!