Union vs. Richlands rematch

trumpet1988

6 hours ago, TTownTigers said:

I'm going to go ahead and pick against the Bears......against Appomattox in game 4.  Giles may pull something off against Appomattox in that region, but it's unlikely.  Union is going to likely face that brick-wall and run into Appomattox.  The outcome will be the same as last year with the Bears in defeat, but it won't be a 40 something to zilch thrashing, but it will be an easy respectable win for Appomattox, even if it's at Big Stone Gap.  Against Richlands, I think the Bears beat em up pretty good.

I think that's something that is lost on many people. I don't see anyone out of Region D winning a state title this year, or maybe in the near future. The economic situation of the region plays a big role in this with what will likely be enrollments that continue to decline. 

3 hours ago, JDHoss said:

I think that's something that is lost on many people. I don't see anyone out of Region D winning a state title this year, or maybe in the near future. The economic situation of the region plays a big role in this with what will likely be enrollments that continue to decline. 

What does that have to do with this season? Both Graham and Union are capable of winning state titles this year.

2 hours ago, BigWinners said:

What does that have to do with this season? Both Graham and Union are capable of winning state titles this year.

I'm just going off what I saw at Appomattox last November. I'd love to be wrong, but I saw a program that looked  light years ahead. I know that was last year, but IMO the only way Union (I haven't seen Graham) could hope to hang with them would be to 3 & 4 yard them to death. 

9 hours ago, JDHoss said:

Hasn't Galax had an enrollment that has steadily declined over the years? Has not seemed to hurt them much as far as winning in about everything. 

7 hours ago, BigWinners said:

I agree 100% Union an Graham can win a state title. Appo is still a very good team an has a awsome program but I think Union are Graham beats them in week 4 hopefully Union ? IMO.  

20 hours ago, BearDawg said:

I hope everyone picks against the Bears. Keep them motivated. Richlands is a team everyone was worried about playing. Union is the team no one wants to play. Bring on the doubt my friends. 

Yes!! Me too Union is drooling at the mouth waiting on Friday to get here. They are finally going into the playoffs healthy for once. I think there offense has been very good with James playing QB. What I saw the last couple of weeks with qualls throwing the ball around they are firing on all cylinders offensively and defensively.

3 hours ago, chumbucket said:

Appo appears to have a very good program but they don't have the same personel as last year. Things change from one year to the next. I think there are 5/6 teams that could beat them but by me saying that, they are top dog until proven other wise. 

I know they have the senior QB back who is going to Liberty (FCS) and a proven winner of titles as a sophomore and junior starter at QB, and another kid I think named Graves on defense who is going to NC State.  They can be beat, but it will take a monumental task and near perfect game for a team like Union or Graham to beat em, and it will take a poor game from Appomattox with lots of turnovers.  I just don't see it happening with those 2 senior college bound guys leading the show at Appomattox.  They likely aren't going to lay a goose egg in a state-semi final or state final game, and that spells trouble for Union or Graham or Giles in their own region.  

1 hour ago, TTownTigers said:

I know they have the senior QB back who is going to Liberty (FCS) and a proven winner of titles as a sophomore and junior starter at QB, and another kid I think named Graves on defense who is going to NC State.  They can be beat, but it will take a monumental task and near perfect game for a team like Union or Graham to beat em, and it will take a poor game from Appomattox with lots of turnovers.  I just don't see it happening with those 2 senior college bound guys leading the show at Appomattox.  They likely aren't going to lay a goose egg in a state-semi final or state final game, and that spells trouble for Union or Graham or Giles in their own region.  

Liberty is moving up to FBS next year as an independent. No clue why, but they're gonna try it. 

59 minutes ago, ojrussell said:

He will be  wise in choosing any SEC  Program. VT is always gonna be a wannabe. 

No offense but your words....."any SEC Program" and "VT is always gonna be a wannabe."

Missouri, South Carolina, Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Texas A and M, Mississippi, Miss State, Arkansas<-----which of these 8 have won a title since 1977 (40 years)?  Zero

Tennessee, Florida, Bama, Auburn, Georgia, LSU all have titles in last 40 years.  LSU, Auburn, Florida, and Bama being the true beasts.  The SEC is still the best conference in my opinion, but the first 8 teams I listed are not better programs than Virginia Tech, and one could argue VT is on the level of Tennessee and Auburn right now.  What I'm saying is....VT is still likely a better program than 10 of the 16 SEC schools, and maybe, maybe...12 of the 16 SEC schools at this point in time.  Therefore, if VT is a true wannabe, so are 10-12 other SEC schools.  He can certainly make the NFL (be noticed and drafted and national TV exposure) by playing at Virginia Tech.

2 minutes ago, TTownTigers said:

No offense but your words....."any SEC Program" and "VT is always gonna be a wannabe."

Missouri, South Carolina, Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Texas A and M, Mississippi, Miss State, Arkansas<-----which of these 8 have won a title since 1977 (40 years)?  Zero

Tennessee, Florida, Bama, Auburn, Georgia, LSU.  Georgia, Auburn, and Tennessee have a combine 1 each, with LSU, Florida, and Bama being the true beats.  The SEC is still the best conference in my opinion, but the first 8 team I listed are not better programs than Virginia Tech, and one could argue VT is on the level of Tennessee and Auburn right now.  What I'm saying is....VT is still likely a better program than 10 of the 16 SEC schools, and maybe, maybe...12 of the 16 SEC schools at this point in time.  Therefore, if VT is a true wannabe, so are 10-12 other SEC schools.  He can certainly make the NFL (be noticed and drafted and national TV exposure) by playing at Virginia Tech.

Wishing upon a Star! He will not be a  Hokie with  National Championship Ring ! You Chokies need to realize that your Chokies are far below the elite programs .

I respect your opinion hard to argue that.  With that being said union also has a big time D1 player an another in Jeb if his grades where better probably not high as James but D1 none the less an union is so good up front big an fast .  I just think Union can play with them an beat them.  They play the games for a reason I hope we find out.  Like i was saying tho it's hard to argue the point you made Appo is strong brother.  

I agree but this is why they play the game. You mentioned 2 players, are the other 9 of same caliber?  All it takes is one bad snap, one missed tackle,   there is is always a chance in high school football.

2 minutes ago, BlackWolf5 said:

I say James goes to Duke for his education! No disrespect to the over colleges but Duke is a top college for education! But enough about which college he picks how is he going to beat Richlands a second time around?

Yes , Duke is the top choice  for his Education . Georgia for his future in football . Forget VT  they will always be second tier in College Football.

17 minutes ago, UniON_FoOtBaLL said:

I respect your opinion hard to argue that.  With that being said union also has a big time D1 player an another in Jeb if his grades where better probably not high as James but D1 none the less an union is so good up front big an fast .  I just think Union can play with them an beat them.  They play the games for a reason I hope we find out.  Like i was saying tho it's hard to argue the point you made Appo is strong brother.  

I hate to disagree with one of our own but Jeb isn’t a D1 football prospect by any means. He’s good in 2a football because he’s bigger but against a good offensive lineman he would be average at best. 

10 minutes ago, GoBearsGo said:

I hate to disagree with one of our own but Jeb isn’t a D1 football prospect by any means. He’s good in 2a football because he’s bigger but against a good offensive lineman he would be average at best. 

Thats absolutely false. He likely would not be a Power 5 recruit, but he absolutely has that type of talent. You realize he hasn't been healthy in three years right? He's also not a big gym rat, if he was as dedicated as Mitchell or someone then yes he absolutely could play at a Liberty type program. 

If size was all that mattered, those kids at Lee would be as good as Jeb. They are not.

28 minutes ago, ojrussell said:

Wishing upon a Star! He will not be a  Hokie with  National Championship Ring ! You Chokies need to realize that your Chokies are far below the elite programs .

Arkansas has won one. Chokies none.