John Battle vs Graham @ Mitchell Stadium

starcityfootballfan

6 hours ago, GMan said:

You still didn't answer my question...

WHO should Graham hire in order to make you happy????

I can answer.  I hope Graham hires nobody extra.  I hope they stay the course with the coaching staff, especially on the offensive side of the ball, and on the offensive line.  I just hope some of you Graham fans are as hyped in 2019 (when the talent runs out and the team will truly need to be well, well coached to win) as compared to how hyped you are now.  I would trade GC's 1-9 for Graham's 9-1 anyday!  But, you are winning with talent, not by out-scheming the opponent, at least not on the offensive side of the ball. As for Graham, the poster is correct in my opinion in one area and on a serious note.  Major help is needed with that bunch offensively and with mental toughness   Getting a huge lead or very fast start only to lose or nearly lose has become common in Bluefield, and that speaks to mental toughness, which speaks to coaching.  If you are going to lose, lose right!  Lose by 40 points like we do at GC!

26 minutes ago, TTownTigers said:

I can answer.  I hope Graham hires nobody extra.  I hope they stay the course with the coaching staff, especially on the offensive side of the ball, and on the offensive line.  I just hope some of you Graham fans are as hyped in 2019 (when the talent runs out and the team will truly need to be well, well coached to win) as compared to how hyped you are now.  I would trade GC's 1-9 for Graham's 9-1 anyday!  But, you are winning with talent, not by out-scheming the opponent, at least not on the offensive side of the ball. As for Graham, the poster is correct in my opinion in one area and on a serious note.  Major help is needed with that bunch offensively and with mental toughness   Getting a huge lead or very fast start only to lose or nearly lose has become common in Bluefield, and that speaks to mental toughness, which speaks to coaching.  If you are going to lose, lose right!  Lose by 40 points like we do at GC!

The talent will be down in '19 but it's not running out. Some good talent with familiar last names will be coming through the ranks after this cycle. 

29 minutes ago, TTownTigers said:

Question are you psysic to know what graham will or will not have in 2019.they may have many young kids that will be just as good or yea they may not. But as of right now no one knows what any team will have in 2 years

35 minutes ago, ghs73 said:

Question are you psysic to know what graham will or will not have in 2019.they may have many young kids that will be just as good or yea they may not. But as of right now no one knows what any team will have in 2 years

Question for you since you asked a terse question, therefore; let me be equally as terse in the spirit of GC. Can you read? Truly, can you read? Why the question? The source in which the talent is down at Graham in 2019 compared to where it is now is coming directly from Your own fans. Scroll back over the last 3 months on this board or another board (I will not mention in far SWVA) and the source comes from Your fans. Therefore, let me ask you, are your fans psychic? Or to use your words, "how can anyone know what a team looks like in two years." Your response to my post is valid and just, but it would be more valid and just if you apply it to your own fans.

By all indicators of your fans, your talent in fact, will not be in 2019 what it is this year or next, and yes, you better have a staff that can truly coach, or it will show. It will also show if the staff is solid and Graham wins 8 or 9 of 10 regular season games in 2019. That's all I'm saying and you know it's a true statement.

1 hour ago, TTownTigers said:

I will be the first to admit that I question the offensive play calling time to time but I don't believe a coaching change is needed anywhere on this staff. Graham has been blessed with unbelievable talent the past couple of years but coaches do play a part in utilizing that talent and pushing the players to play to their full potential. Cooke graduating this year will no doubt be a huge loss but we will still have Cam Allen, Devin Lester, and Reed coming back next year. Cam has grown a lot as a QB this year, Devin is without a doubt the surprise player of the year, and if Reed can stay healthy, I believe Graham will have a very good season next year. After next season, yes we could possibly see a couple rebuilding seasons but I don't think you will see a huge drop off like previous seasons. Coach Palmer is one heck of a ball coach, and one heck of a good man. He loves Bluefield, Graham, and his players and in return Bluefield, Graham, players, and our fans love him. I'm not saying that Graham won't have a bad season during the Palmer era, but I will never doubt his drive and passion to make Graham football a powerhouse program again. 

42 minutes ago, TTownTigers said:

Question for you since you asked a terse question, therefore; let me be equally as terse in the spirit of GC. Can you read? Truly, can you read? Why the question? The source in which the talent is down at Graham in 2019 compared to where it is now is coming directly from Your own fans. Scroll back over the last 3 months on this board or another board (I will not mention in far SWVA) and the source comes from Your fans. Therefore, let me ask you, are your fans psychic? Or to use your words, "how can anyone know what a team looks like in two years." Your response to my post is valid and just, but it would be more valid and just if you apply it to your own fans.

By all indicators of your fans, your talent in fact, will not be in 2019 what it is this year or next, and yes, you better have a staff that can truly coach, or it will show. It will also show if the staff is solid and Graham wins 8 or 9 of 10 regular season games in 2019. That's all I'm saying and you know it's a true statement.

First yea i learned to read before you wete born.second no one knows how young players will or will not develope hence my question to you and to anyone that makes a statement anout 2 years from now.heck i can say bland county will win state in 2 years. No facts in that just a statement.who knows their talent level by then. And graham might have kids move.into the area by then. Everything is conjecture anout 2019

2 hours ago, TTownTigers said:

For someone who bays at the moon regarding the envy other people have about Gate City, your post reads not unlike a jealous preteen girl whining about the more popular girl stealing her boyfriend.

10 hours ago, GMan said:

You still didn't answer my question...

WHO should Graham hire in order to make you happy????

I don't have anyone in particular in mind to be honest was just sharing my thoughts no need to use all CAPS. I never said I was "unhappy" . Graham has had a good season, shown great improvement since the Bluefield game but still has some weaknesses.  Hopefully, crowned Region Champs. If they end up playing Union, could be their toughest game so far. 

Well Ttown - Graham is losing 9 seniors just like last year.  Yes Cooke is a hell of an athlete.  His speed you only see every qtr century or so.  However if you’ve watched any games you would see Lester is capable of as many big plays not as fast - yet only a true sophomore.  Vineyard hell of a linebacker one of the best in the area - however the MLB Kastner - another true sophomore is one to watch as well my guess would be a close 2nd in tackles to Vineyard.  Mason another outstanding player at linebacker and running the ball Reed comes back in.  Allen only a junior and outstanding. Curto excellent kicker backup Dales - another true sophomore who is just as capable.  The rest of the seniors play both sides of the line.  Graham has some size coming up from 8th graders even.  You are short changing Graham’s current young talent and upcoming talent.  Not to mention look at what Palmer has done in 3 years - young men want to play for him.  Go ahead take your 1-9 record facts are facts might want to check them again.

10 hours ago, G-star said:

Well Ttown - Graham is losing 9 seniors just like last year.  Yes Cooke is a hell of an athlete.  His speed you only see every qtr century or so.  However if you’ve watched any games you would see Lester is capable of as many big plays not as fast - yet only a true sophomore.  Vineyard hell of a linebacker one of the best in the area - however the MLB Kastner - another true sophomore is one to watch as well my guess would be a close 2nd in tackles to Vineyard.  Mason another outstanding player at linebacker and running the ball Reed comes back in.  Allen only a junior and outstanding. Curto excellent kicker backup Dales - another true sophomore who is just as capable.  The rest of the seniors play both sides of the line.  Graham has some size coming up from 8th graders even.  You are short changing Graham’s current young talent and upcoming talent.  Not to mention look at what Palmer has done in 3 years - young men want to play for him.  Go ahead take your 1-9 record facts are facts might want to check them again.

I would hope he’s a “true sophomore”.  We don’t hold kids back like Gate City.

18 hours ago, ghs73 said:

You can't judge how good or bad a class is going to be in Middle School. Depends on how well they get coached up when they

move up. And how hard they work in the off season. 

I'm not going to call a kid out on here, but I know one is for sure, and I'm pretty sure another is. I'll let someone else look that up.

Everywhere has hold backs, and not all of them are for athletic reasons. My point is, be careful how much you say Graham doesn't do that, when it is more normal than you realize. The creativity of parents doing this in other grades than 8th grade, makes it a little harder to detect.

1 hour ago, barondawg77 said:

I'm not going to call a kid out on here, but I know one is for sure, and I'm pretty sure another is. I'll let someone else look that up.

Everywhere has hold backs, and not all of them are for athletic reasons. My point is, be careful how much you say Graham doesn't do that, when it is more normal than you realize. The creativity of parents doing this in other grades than 8th grade, makes it a little harder to detect.

Kids have to repeat grades on occasion for academic or social reasons.  I’m not counting those, for the record.  If indeed a kid was held back in middle school for purely athletic reasons, it would literally be the first ever case I’ve ever heard come out of Graham High School.  

I refer to “true” sophomores because I get sick of hearing about how young Tazewell is - they are holding whole classes back now.  So the Tazewell team may be underclassmen but not underclassmen aged.  Richlands has always done it as well.  There will always be reasons to start a kid late hold them back etc but for solely athletics is not a guarantee they will be a great athelete.  Check your holdbacks from recent years in Tazewell County where are they now?

7 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

Not to my recollection.  If that happens to be the case, I would be exceedingly disappointed.

Not being smart but we do have several hold backs. I can think of several on this year's team that were held back at some point. This year's MS team had a few that were held back. I know we have beat this dead horse quite a bit and to be honest it's piss poor that its allowed to happen.

23 minutes ago, G-star said:

I refer to “true” sophomores because I get sick of hearing about how young Tazewell is - they are holding whole classes back now.  So the Tazewell team may be underclassmen but not underclassmen aged.  Richlands has always done it as well.  There will always be reasons to start a kid late hold them back etc but for solely athletics is not a guarantee they will be a great athelete.  Check your holdbacks from recent years in Tazewell County where are they now?

Well said!