The rematch: Appomattox @ Union

CriticalNoise

Appomattox hates noise makers, Union is proving their home of the 12th man and they play to defend the park, it's a different outcome this year I believe folks, they said Richlands could knock us off, they didn't, they then said Marion, and then Graham could. They didn't. All you local community people come out next weekend and pull for the Bears. I seen ALOT various school colors today. Proud to see you guys out supporting a local team, hope to see you all back next weekend. 

Union by 4 if they play the same game as today. Appo is really good on offense, but as shown last night, they don't play as well on the road against a good defense. Defensively Appo has a good secondary but they don't like for a team to ground and pound on them. Should be a great game. I'm curious to see the crowd that they bring. 

22 minutes ago, CriticalNoise said:

Appomattox hates noise makers, Union is proving their home of the 12th man and they play to defend the park, it's a different outcome this year I believe folks, they said Richlands could knock us off, they didn't, they then said Marion, and then Graham could. They didn't. All you local community people come out next weekend and pull for the Bears. I seen ALOT various school colors today. Proud to see you guys out supporting a local team, hope to see you all back next weekend. 

Well said. Team is playing solid and tough. I said we would beat any team in the region by 3 scores. Richlands played rock solid but the rest held. If we keep digging, we can dethrone Appo. 

All season people have hated on Union.  I've heard everything from Union has played a weak schedule to Union can't pass so we will stack the box and stop them.  Hopefully people can see that Union dominats everyone they play.  Richlands is the only exception and they are our rival.  All I can say is the record speaks for itself. We dominate. We stop passing teams. We stop rushing teams. And nobody can keep us from consistently gaining 3 to 5 yards at a time.  Today should show that Union is capable of winning every time they take the field.  If Union plays like they did today union will beat appo by two scores. 

It’s not an extremely likely scenario, but I hope Union absolutely runs Appo out of the stadium. Many of there fans are arrogant and didn’t give a flip about football three years ago. It’s time to knock em off the bandwagon. Show them what true southwest va football fans are and give em hell bears.

3 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

So...uh...who’s saving me a seat and a spot at the fire? I’ll be there with bells on, and I’m bringing two of my Richlands cowbells to help make sure Appo hates what they’re about to be a part of. 

Come on pal. Meeting at midnight at the flagpole gate. 

Union faithful will be loud and proud all game. If appo don't like noise I can promise they will hate bullit park next weekend. It'll be loud I promise.

on another note,  thanks to all of the support from other towns. swva has shown some love to the bears. 

6 minutes ago, BearDawg said:

Come on pal. Meeting at midnight at the flagpole gate. 

I won’t be there quite that early lol. I’ll be in Gatlinburg at the parade down there. But I’ll be there by 10 or 11 on Saturday. 

10 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

So...uh...who’s saving me a seat and a spot at the fire? I’ll be there with bells on, and I’m bringing two of my Richlands cowbells to help make sure Appo hates what they’re about to be a part of. 

Hope you're okay with getting there hella early, enduring the cold and like roasted marshmallows. 

You'd probably like it. The earlier you get there the more fun (plain crazy) your experience would be. 

1 hour ago, BearDawg said:

Well said. Team is playing solid and tough. I said we would beat any team in the region by 3 scores. Richlands played rock solid but the rest held. If we keep digging, we can dethrone Appo. 

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t this Appo. Team Pretty much the same team that beat the us last year 42-0? I just don’t want to get pumped up now and over look another humiliation. 

7 minutes ago, T52OS said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t this Appo. Team Pretty much the same team that beat the us last year 42-0? I just don’t want to get pumped up now and over look another humiliation. 

Offensively still just as good but haven't faced many great defenses besides Heritage and Glenvar. Defensively, they are good but aren't as good as last year. Teams will have better luck running on them than passing. 

Just now, PV2VT said:

Don't tease us.  Please bring it and gate city can bring there's too.  Hell I might go to party central and buy out every noise maker I can find lol

Male sure you buy the clappers, appo seems to love those ?

I believe Union can beat Appomattox at Union. Appo is good, but beatable.  Union has a good enough line and secondary to beat them.  The QB gets rid of the ball quick on the passes, which will be harder to defend than what Graham was trying to do, but I think Unions defense will be the difference.  I'll take Union by a TD.

19 minutes ago, PV2VT said:

Don't tease us.  Please bring it and gate city can bring there's too.  Hell I might go to party central and buy out every noise maker I can find lol

I'm gonna try passing it along, but I think some Giles fans would be upset about it and Union might have some superstitious fans that don't want change lol.