Title games

ghs73

48 minutes ago, SXSW said:

One of the most fun games I watched in high school was GC-Radford State Semifinal in 2010 in the snow at Radford.

Tazewell and graham also.but i understand the need for caution.

Four  high school championship games postponed; moved from Atlanta  /  AJC

Four of this weekend’s eight GHSA football championship games, the first to be played in the new Mercedes-Benz Stadium, have been postponed because of the winter weather that moved through north Georgia beginning Friday morning.

The first two games of the championships, in Class A (private) and AAA, were played Friday as scheduled, but the Class AAAAA final between Warner Robins and Rome, set to begin at 4:30 p.m., was postponed, as was the Class AAAAAA final between Coffee and Lee County, which was scheduled for 8 p.m. 

For the rest of the story....

1 hour ago, trublue said:

Outrage follows postponement of GA prep title games at Mercedes-Benz Stadium due to snow

https://www.seccountry.com/sec/georgia-high-school-association-moves-state-championship-games-mercedes-benz-stadium-due-snow-atlanta

VHSL looks masterful compared to GHSA.  Those kids are going from playing in Mercedes-Benz Stadium to a high school field.

2 hours ago, Liam McPoyle said:

You mean transferring happens at other places besides Richlands?

I am shocked!

14 minutes ago, cityofRaven said:

You mean transferring happens at other places besides Richlands?

I am shocked!

This would be the equivalent of a player playing for one Tazewell County school in the regular season and then playing for a different one in the playoffs.

Oh, the possibilities.

Holy shit. That's one of the shadiest things I've ever seen. How TF was that allowed? Three days??!? You can't possibly say this transfer was anything other than one school recruit a kid for the game. It's ridiculous and I hope the VHSL looks back and vacates this whole mess. You cannot allow this precedent. It opens up the entire state to recruiting kids for playoff games in the big three sports. Disgusting. 

4 hours ago, Liam McPoyle said:

VHSL looks masterful compared to GHSA.  Those kids are going from playing in Mercedes-Benz Stadium to a high school field.

Not when you read that article you posted about Oscar Smith. It just proves everything everyone says about the VHSL being a joke true. I can't imagine the GHSA or TSHAA allowing such nonsense. 

1 hour ago, BigWinners said:

Not when you read that article you posted about Oscar Smith. It just proves everything everyone says about the VHSL being a joke true. I can't imagine the GHSA or TSHAA allowing such nonsense. 

You're correct. I was jokingly praising VHSL in their handling of the postponed games.  Afterwards, I found the Oscar Smith article.

1 hour ago, BigWinners said:

Holy shit. That's one of the shadiest things I've ever seen. How TF was that allowed? Three days??!? You can't possibly say this transfer was anything other than one school recruit a kid for the game. It's ridiculous and I hope the VHSL looks back and vacates this whole mess. You cannot allow this precedent. It opens up the entire state to recruiting kids for playoff games in the big three sports. Disgusting. 

This kid was the starting QB-DB at Western Branch and played against Oscar Smith on October 27th in a district game. 

Even in their utter lack of competence, it's stunning that VHSL lacks a policy to prevent this type of travesty.  

7 hours ago, BigWinners said:

ARE YOU KIDDING ME.....If this was in SWVA the VHSL would have someone's head, but it goes back to the same thing we've seen before, any team in the Roanoke Valley an eastward can do whatever and VHSL turns a blind eye.  If Union had received a couple of tranfers from Graham would VHSL have allowed that???  Can not imagine what the rule is that allowed this to happen.  Richlands has had transfers, but I thought the rule was that the kid had to have a semester of education under his belt at the new school, if I'm wrong, I must have fell asleep during the rule change meeting.

1 hour ago, Blue 72 said:

ARE YOU KIDDING ME.....If this was in SWVA the VHSL would have someone's head, but it goes back to the same thing we've seen before, any team in the Roanoke Valley an eastward can do whatever and VHSL turns a blind eye.  If Union had received a couple of tranfers from Graham would VHSL have allowed that???  Can not imagine what the rule is that allowed this to happen.  Richlands has had transfers, but I thought the rule was that the kid had to have a semester of education under his belt at the new school, if I'm wrong, I must have fell asleep during the rule change meeting.

I'm not sure how the old rule read, but basically you weren't eligible to play during the semester you transferred.  I remember  occasions of basketball players who moved into a new school in the Fall but waiting until Spring semester (January) to be eligible.  

21 minutes ago, jarhead24219 said:

Damn we missed the boat we could have drafted...errrr transferred Cam Allen against Appo

You're on the wrong end of the state, could not have gotten away with it. VHSL WARNING!!! WARNING!!! SWVA team talking transfers DANGER WILL RODGERS, DANGER!!!

Yes this whole thing is laughable, especially VHSL

Continuing saga for the GHSA championship games...ALL games for today have been postponed. 

The public school for my area...North Gwinnett was scheduled to play Colquitt tonight in AAAAAAA...not happening.

GHSA @OfficialGHSA 

Remaining State Championships Moved to Dec. 15-16. Details to be updated as we learn more.

On 12/9/2017 at 7:22 AM, Blue 72 said:

Are the schools within the same County?/ Division?   If so, perfectly legal.  As long as the kid moved within the attendance zone.

If anyone wants to see another high school football game this season...the Georgia GHSA AAAAAAA State Championship....North Gwinnett vs Colquitt County (Rush Propst, HC) will be playing tonight with  the  pregame at 7p.m.   (Hopefully, the link works)

http://www.gpb.org

Following is an article...

http://accesswdun.com/article/2017/12/616505/championship-preview-after-overcoming-adversity-all-season-bulldogs-ready-to-do-it-again