VA Football State Championships 12/10/2017

trublue

Matthew Hatfield @hatfieldsports

6:43 to go 3rdQ - Highland Springs 33, Tuscarora 20. Alex Lee 33-yard INT TD return. Huskies now have Uncle Mo (momentum) on its side.  Class 5 FINALS

great state

Just now, futbolking said:

You want a cookie?

No thank you, being right satisfies my hunger enough.

Chilhowie has still had a whale of a year, and should be in position to contend for a few years to come (along with Galax).  This just wasn’t their year to win the title, despite all the blind, unfounded optimism on the board to the contrary.

4:24 to go 3rdQ - Highland Springs 40, Tuscarora 20. Huskies score 20 unanswered, but Springers up lead on Rayquan Smith 47-yard TD run.  Class 5 FINALS

Benjamin Cates @bencates8

Heritage on a roll right now. Davis scores his first TD of the day on a 3-yard punch. Colin Brooker with the PAT. Hopewell 20, Heritage 14 with 1:23 left in 3Q. #LNApreps  Class 3 FINALS

great state

7 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

No thank you, being right satisfies my hunger enough.

Chilhowie has still had a whale of a year, and should be in position to contend for a few years to come (along with Galax).  This just wasn’t their year to win the title, despite all the blind, unfounded optimism on the board to the contrary.

Whatever.  Some of us just like to have a little faith.  Any num nut can pick the heavy favorite 

11 minutes ago, futbolking said:

Whatever.  Some of us just like to have a little faith.  Any num nut can pick the heavy favorite 

Wow, “num (sic) nut”.  Really stung me with that one...

whatever02.jpg

Having optimism without a basis in reality is a wasted exercise that bears no fruit.

7 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Wow, “num (sic) but”.  Really stung me with that one...

whatever02.jpg

Having optimism without a basis in reality is a wasted exercise that bears no fruit.

Go be in love with yourself somewhere else.  I'm tired of the PDA. Being in love with yourself is a wasted exercise that bears no fruit.  

Hogoheegee @HogoOnline

Riverheads is a well oiled machine. Impressive to watch. No negative plays, no time wasted behind line of scrimmage

Tim Hayes @Hayes_BHCSports
#VHSL Football, Class 1 State Finals, 7:38 remaining: Riverheads 35, Chilhowie 0

great state

4 minutes ago, futbolking said:

Go be in love with yourself somewhere else.  I'm tired of the PDA. Being in love with yourself is a wasted exercise that bears no fruit.  

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so I thank you for your imitation, juvenile and witless though it is.

If you aren’t a fan of what I post (surprising that I wouldn’t have fans, admittedly), then there is an ignore function on this website.  Take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with it.

Now both teams are being pulled off the field. Fire alarms are going off. More on this ASAP. #LNApreps

Zable Stadium is being evacuated

The RVASportsNetwork @TheRVASportsNet

DELAY: There is a delay at #Class3Final at Zable Stadium in Williamsburg.....

great state

WOW...don't know what is going on....

As we were headed out of the stadium, the alarms stopped. They are now letting fans back in the gates and teams are coming back on to the field. No official word on what happened to trigger the alarms. #LNApreps

Lane CasadonteVerified account @LaneCtvsports
A fire alarm was set off at Zable stadium during the Hopewell/Heritage game. Teams were briefly pulled off the field. Our photographer at the game reports that a small fire may have started in one of the bathrooms.

great state

Teams are back on the sidelines, fans are mostly back in the stands. But the officials aren't in sight. #LNApreps

Dave WallsVerified account @DaveWallsWSET
Dave Walls Retweeted Dennis Carter

A 10 minute delay, as the fire alarm went off in the stadium! @13Sports

.@HopewellFB gets big 4th down stop, promptly fumbles the ball away, Heritage has it down 20-14, 4:41 to play. #Class3Final

Fumble Heritage, recovered by @HopewellFB, up 6, under 4:00 left. #Class3Final

great state

23 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so I thank you for your imitation, juvenile and witless though it is.

If you aren’t a fan of what I post (surprising that I wouldn’t have fans, admittedly), then there is an ignore function on this website.  Take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with it.

No I'm not a fan of what you say.  Most of what you say is pompous and self serving. And I will not be told by somebody as arrogant as yourself what to do.  

See you at the games, oops forgot, you don't actually attend the games.  You just talk smack  

Didn't know I did a jackass imitation so we'll.

0:22 to play - Highland Springs 40, Tuscarora 27. Justin Allen with a 7-yard TD pass to Kyle Jenkins for the Huskies.

Onside kick is recovered by Highland Springs with 18 seconds to play. They'll take a knee and win their third straight state title.

FINAL in the VHSL Class 5 State Football Championship - Highland Springs 40, Tuscarora 27. 3rd straight state title for the Springers.

great state

6 minutes ago, futbolking said:

No I'm not a fan of what you say.  Most of what you say is pompous and self serving. And I will not be told by somebody as arrogant as yourself what to do.  

See you at the games, oops forgot, you don't actually attend the games.  You just talk smack  

Didn't know I did a jackass imitation so we'll.

You won’t click an ignore tab to prevent yourself from losing this argument and future arguments, but you will continue to argue with me (read: copy my insults and repeat them in a far less witty way).  I don’t know what school of logic that is, but I’m sure it’s a dandy.

I’m the one reveling in ultimately being right on a prediction in which I was legitimately questioned and criticized.  You’re the one who engaged me, much to your detriment.

Here’s something that’ll relieve the chafing...

e9ac9ef0-bc78-4dcc-9479-5c35976950ee_1.c

RVA Game Break @RVAGameBreak 

#Heritage has called their final timeout, #Hopewell leads 20-14 with 1:17 to go in the 3A state championship. They have the ball.

Hopewell picks up a big first down with 24 seconds remaining.

BREAKING: @HopewellFB wins first state title since 2003 with 20-14 win over Heritage-Lynchburg in #Class3Final ....

great state

1 minute ago, UVAObserver said:

You won’t click an ignore tab to prevent yourself from losing this argument and future arguments, but you will continue to argue with me (read: copy my insults and repeat them in a far less witty way).  I don’t know what school of logic that is, but I’m sure it’s a dandy.

I’m the one reveling in ultimately being right on a prediction in which I was legitimately questioned and criticized.  You’re the one who engaged me, much to your detriment.

Here’s something that’ll relieve the chafing...

e9ac9ef0-bc78-4dcc-9479-5c35976950ee_1.c

I'm surprised G Man allows you to ruin this site the way you have.  I know of 3 or 4 people who no longer post on here directly because of you. Go ahead and insult me if it makes you feel better about yourself...   but before I go, know this..... I will never use "bag balm" that somebody else used as chapstick...Goodbye A Hole.  Swvasports just lost another poster.