Appomattox

Vol Hater

2 minutes ago, EH31 said:

I quoted your buddy Kenny stabler and ask him a question and he came at me. Once I threw it back at him then all he could say was that we are all uneducated (or community college educated at best) and toothless, opioid using, hill people that did not belong on VAPreps. I was having fun but I had to quit entertaining Him because my phone battery was getting low in the mall and I was trying to watch the FB Live stream of the champ game later so I didn't want my phone to die. 

So no, he was not attacked whatsoever. He interjected himself into for his own fun. I've gave you a way harder time and the worst thing you've ever called me is "Empty Head" so in hindsight I appreciate that ?

I must have missed them post. Yeah, Stabler can be a loose canon at times....But I did miss them post. 

Well I have to share one more thought on The Appomattox Championship game. With all my knowledge of football I am convinced that Robert E Lee had the worest game plan I have ever witnessed in a football game. The fake kickoff then back up and kick a squib kick giving Appomattox the ball across the 50 yrd. line most times on your side of the field. So whoever planned that out might need to rethink that. Appomattox didn’t need any help to win.

After the UNION,APPO game we heard some say that UNION should have been flagged for the coach walking out onto the field, but duing the APPO /LEE game the APPO coach walked onto the field when the backwards punt/score . Where are these posts now?????The game was a good game and that one play could have decided the game , so the coach wanted to know why it was counted as a score, and thats why TRAVIS TURNER wanted to know why a penalty was called when we had used the play every game......by the way the VHSL is reviewing the game film....it wont matter but we would like to know if there was a bias with the crew

17 minutes ago, jarhead24219 said:

After the UNION,APPO game we heard some say that UNION should have been flagged for the coach walking out onto the field, but duing the APPO /LEE game the APPO coach walked onto the field when the backwards punt/score . Where are these posts now?????The game was a good game and that one play could have decided the game , so the coach wanted to know why it was counted as a score, and that's why TRAVIS TURNER wanted to know why a penalty was called when we had used the play every game

And they kicked off from our side of the 50 after that touchdown.

And I'll add that they booted that one deep in the end zone.  Squib kick would have been perfect there.  I just think they were that afraid of our kickoff team.

21 minutes ago, jarhead24219 said:

After the UNION,APPO game we heard some say that UNION should have been flagged for the coach walking out onto the field, but duing the APPO /LEE game the APPO coach walked onto the field when the backwards punt/score . Where are these posts now?????The game was a good game and that one play could have decided the game , so the coach wanted to know why it was counted as a score, and thats why TRAVIS TURNER wanted to know why a penalty was called when we had used the play every game......by the way the VHSL is reviewing the game film....it wont matter but we would like to know if there was a bias with the crew

Interesting. You'll have to keep us updated on that.

25 minutes ago, jarhead24219 said:

Coach Smith was immediately told to get back to sideline. He was told he would get penalty. So some slack was given and white hat came to him. Not the same as Turner with Turner holding game up. Ton of video to show both scenarios on the net.

3 hours ago, BoBob said:

And they kicked off from our side of the 50 after that touchdown.

And I'll add that they booted that one deep in the end zone.  Squib kick would have been perfect there.  I just think they were that afraid of our kickoff team.

I agree with you! But they gave you guys the ball every time across the 50 on their side!! The absolute worst game plan I have ever seen. What was the point of the fake kicking???? 

3 hours ago, oldfool said:

Coach Smith was immediately told to get back to sideline. He was told he would get penalty. So some slack was given and white hat came to him. Not the same as Turner with Turner holding game up. Ton of video to show both scenarios on the net.

damn ,you must have that hearing aid turned up to super...all i heard on the live feed was.....wait for it....touchdown. dont believe it , saw what i saw , apples to apples, it was the same, oh i forgot APPOMATTOX RULE

4 hours ago, jarhead24219 said:

by the way the VHSL is reviewing the game film....it wont matter but we would like to know if there was a bias with the crew

Union will get an apology letter. It will also say there is nothing that can be done and they will improve on officiating. Gate City got one of those letters in 2004 after losing to Powell Valley in the playoffs. Burton got one after losing to Riverheads in the Championship game in 2006. 

1 hour ago, T52OS said:

I agree with you! But they gave you guys the ball every time across the 50 on their side!! The absolute worst game plan I have ever seen. What was the point of the fake kicking???? 

No idea about the fake kicks.  Guess just to get in your head and to try to set you up for one that wasn't fake.

I read somewhere that they had given up several long returns for  TDs (one per game) so they went to that kinda kick off.  I know I saw it in their hudl film from the scout games they send out.

I really just think they were scared to really kick off to us.  We've return quite a few this year and had some long returns that didn't make it all the way.

Heck we almost returned the one right before the half.  Got it to the 20 but there was no more time on the clock.

2 hours ago, BoBob said:

No idea about the fake kicks.  Guess just to get in your head and to try to set you up for one that wasn't fake.

I read somewhere that they had given up several long returns for  TDs (one per game) so they went to that kinda kick off.  I know I saw it in their hudl film from the scout games they send out.

I really just think they were scared to really kick off to us.  We've return quite a few this year and had some long returns that didn't make it all the way.

Heck we almost returned the one right before the half.  Got it to the 20 but there was no more time on the clock.

Yes I saw that! I would have kicked it out of bounds gave to you guys at least on your 35.?????

Some are trying to bring the madness and division of the other board here. While they have the right to debate here I would prefer that their type of debate be confined to somewhere else. We believe that certain calls or lack of calls effected the game, if not the outcome but we know that mother “Mo” was on Appo side. They won no doubt , they outplayed Union the first half but the Santa Claus ref was biased before the game started over the Giles train horn , they also took away the 25 second clock, they said it was banned in semi final games ????why , there’s one one each end. My theory is this “ they wanted to be able to control the delay of the game penalty. Not fact  but my theory only. Nothing will change , the VHSL has always sucked

1 hour ago, jarhead24219 said:

they also took away the 25 second clock, they said it was banned in semi final games ????why , there’s one one each end. My theory is this “ they wanted to be able to control the delay of the game penalty. Not fact  but my theory only. Nothing will change , the VHSL has always sucked

That has been a VHSL rule for quite some time.  They do not use the play clocks on the field in either the state semis or finals games.  I believe it is because not every school has them is why.  Plus it is one less thing for the crew to deal with if you run into a faulty clock or clock operator.  

19 hours ago, Jason said:

Union will get an apology letter. It will also say there is nothing that can be done and they will improve on officiating. Gate City got one of those letters in 2004 after losing to Powell Valley in the playoffs. Burton got one after losing to Riverheads in the Championship game in 2006. 

I assume Ridgeview got one after that debacle against Grayson County... which I am still not over.  Lol

22 hours ago, jarhead24219 said:

damn ,you must have that hearing aid turned up to super...all i heard on the live feed was.....wait for it....touchdown. dont believe it , saw what i saw , apples to apples, it was the same, oh i forgot APPOMATTOX RULE

Yup, Appomattox ruled class 2 .

1 minute ago, oldfool said:

Yup, Appomattox ruled class 2 ....LAST YEAR. This year they barely beat a Union team that wasn't expected to even compete, and had a come from behind victory due to a boneheaded kickoff in the championship game.

Fixed it for you...

I will give Appo tons of credit for winning the championship this year, but "ruled" is definitely not a word I would use.

30 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Fixed it for you...

I will give Appo tons of credit for winning the championship this year, but "ruled" is definitely not a word I would use.

The word ruled came from jar heads post. But your welcome to your opinion.

let me clarify...rule, means different rules for APPOMATTOX ....not "THEY RULED ALL OF AA FOOTBALL" even though I agree that in 15 and 16 they RULED  AA FOOTBALL,not so much in 17, but they are the (in my best RICK FLAIR VOICE)THREE TIME....THREE TIME...THREE TIME STATE CHAMPS.I am just glad we gave them a good game

On 12/11/2017 at 5:36 PM, oldfool said:

I'll keep my hat on my bald head to keep it warm thankyou. However, i would ask you look on THE OTHER MESSAGE BOARD and take a gander at a thread called Congratulations to R E Lee.

You guys still don't get it.  You don't understand how SWVA fans can pull for the team that knocked out their team. I pulled for Richlands against Union and Graham, in the regular season, but pulled for Graham to beat Union because we are in the same district, I pulled for Union to beat Appo because we are in the same area, and I pulled for Appo to be Lee because we are in the same Region, so what I don't understand is why you Appo fans have to be so darn arrogant.  We all agree that you have a great program and we will be for you when you defeat everyone from our area, so how is that being redneck hillbilly stupid and drugged out dumb?