Peach Bowl

sup_rbeast

Now, with the win, the folks picking and choosing the CFP teams are left with egg on their faces for the second year in a row. The only undefeated team in the country sits outside after beating a team that owns a win over 2 teams in the playoff. I’m an Auburn fan, but it is what it is.

46 minutes ago, sup_rbeast said:

Now, with the win, the folks picking and choosing the CFP teams are left with egg on their faces for the second year in a row. The only undefeated team in the country sits outside after beating a team that owns a win over 2 teams in the playoff. I’m an Auburn fan, but it is what it is.

Look at UCF's schedule for the year.  They played a lot of cupcakes.

That, and the fact that this was Auburn's 4th loss speaks volumes.  Auburn can play at Jordan Hare, but is a mediocre team away from home.

3 hours ago, sup_rbeast said:

Folks can say what they want, but through a half, UCF has shown they belong in the playoff. I stand by my original assessment that they do as well. The Peach Bowl should’ve been an Iron Bowl rematch.

You lost this argument before and you’re about to lose it again.  First, you’re in the wrong forum.  Second, it’s  an impressive win, but at the end of the day, it is a 1-score win to a FOUR-LOSS team that was blown out by #3 in its last game.  UCF is a Top 10 team.  It is by no statistical measure (aside from wins and losses against a schedule that would make VT basketball blush) a Top 4 team.  

28 minutes ago, blueinbama said:

Look at UCF's schedule for the year.  They played a lot of cupcakes.

That, and the fact that this was Auburn's 4th loss speaks volumes.  Auburn can play at Jordan Hare, but is a mediocre team away from home.

By your logic, UGA and Bama both losing to a 4 loss team speaks volumes as well. Regardless, no team should lose their last game before the selection and get in.

9 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

You lost this argument before and you’re about to lose it again.  First, you’re in the wrong forum.  Second, it’s  an impressive win, but at the end of the day, it is a 1-score win to a FOUR-LOSS team that was blown out by #3 in its last game.  UCF is a Top 10 team.  It is by no statistical measure (aside from wins and losses against a schedule that would make VT basketball blush) a Top 4 team.  

Exactly how many wins does #4 have over that same 4 loss team? My point exactly...see above. And...you really don’t know whether they are a top 4 team or not. You are just going by your best guess...but I’m sure your best guess wouldn’t have had UGA and Bama both losing to Auburn...and UGA’s loss was pretty embarrassing.

14 hours ago, sup_rbeast said:

As an Auburn fan, you of all people should have seen that Auburn had zero motivation for this game and sleepwalked through 2 1/2 quarters of it. As blueinbama said so well, at home good, on the road average. As long as Malzhan is the coach, you are doomed to being just average and as long as Saban stays at Bama, even when you beat him, you still lose.

16 hours ago, sup_rbeast said:

By your logic, UGA and Bama both losing to a 4 loss team speaks volumes as well. Regardless, no team should lose their last game before the selection and get in.

Bama just beat the #1 team in the nation on a neutral field.  Sorry.  They proved you wrong.

And remember, Auburn was only a two-loss team when both Bama and UGA lost to Auburn at Jordan Hare.  And since Auburn lost to a 4-loss LSU team, you just put your foot in your mouth.  Get your story straight.

Starting a thread touting the team that just beat you because you lost your last two games on a neutral field is weak, at best.  As I said before, look at the schedule for UCF and maybe, just maybe you'll see how they became undefeated so easily.  Their strength of schedule was ranked 103rd in the nation.  If that doesn't explain it, nothing will convince you. 

14 hours ago, sup_rbeast said:

UCF is obviously better than Alabama, in the same way that my son’s U4 soccer team is obviously better than Manchester City, based on the records.

8 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

All P5 champs, best G5 team, 2 at-larges.  Could anyone have argued with: Clemson, Oklahoma, Georgia, OSU, USC, UCF, Alabama, Wisconsin?

This is what I've said as well. The only provision I would have is for the group of 5 to get an auto bid that team would need to be top 20 or so in the country in the final rankings. If not, then it turns into 3 p5 wildcard bids. Similar to the system of how non p5 schools got into BCS bowl games in the past 

11 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

All P5 champs, best G5 team, 2 at-larges.  Could anyone have argued with: Clemson, Oklahoma, Georgia, OSU, USC, UCF, Alabama, Wisconsin?

Awesome concept!  Should be enough to satisfy most scenarios and piss the holy hell out of Notre Dame for not having an automatic berth should they finish 9-3.

I have issues with UCF's regular season schedule.  Check it out, and compare that to the schedule of any of the Power 5 teams.  it's a joke. 

http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/2116/ucf-knights

Yes, they are undefeated, but undefeated against a weak schedule has to be taken with a grain of salt. 

FIU...Maryland...Memphis...Cincinnatti...East Carolina...Navy...Austin Peay...SMU...UConn...Temple...South Florida...Memphis in the CCG...Come on, man!

I have no problem giving them as much credit as they deserve, but they don't deserve to be considered among college football's elite.  That's just silly.

On 1/5/2018 at 8:34 AM, swva_havok_fan said:

Alabama played Mercer.... who lost to ETSU.

UCF played Austin Peay who lost Jacksonville State who lost to Kennesaw State who lost to Samford who lost to Western Carolina who lost to Mercer who lost to ETSU.    Time is a flat circle!!   ETSU is the new Kevin Bacon!

On 1/1/2018 at 2:24 PM, sup_rbeast said:

Folks can say what they want, but through a half, UCF has shown they belong in the playoff. I stand by my original assessment that they do as well. The Peach Bowl should’ve been an Iron Bowl rematch.

Let’s revisit this hilarious “assessment”, now that the team you deemed unworthy just won the CFP...

2 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

And this is why the country - myself included - despise Bama and Satan...I mean Saban. 

because he plays his freshmen? Every team since Marshall in the 70's has been allowed to do that man