2018 MLB Thread

30 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Best roster $$$ can buy!

Yep. And did it by trading away our farm talent to get this title. But I don't care. We are loaded for the next several years.

2 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Yep. And did it by trading away our farm talent to get this title. But I don't care. We are loaded for the next several years.

"You're" loaded until Chris Sale and David Price begin to fade.  The best pitchers in MLB history begin to fade in a big way between 1,500 and 2,000 innings.  Sale is at 1,482 and Price is at 1,922.

Baseball isn't like any other sport in terms of sustained success with one group.  The late 90's to early 00's Yankees were a remarkable exception.  It just doesn't happen in baseball like it does for Alabama or New England football, or Golden State basketball.  Enjoy it while it lasts because it rarely does in baseball beyond a couple of seasons. 

19 minutes ago, sixcat said:

"You're" loaded until Chris Sale and David Price begin to fade.  The best pitchers in MLB history begin to fade in a big way between 1,500 and 2,000 innings.  Sale is at 1,482 and Price is at 1,922.

Baseball isn't like any other sport in terms of sustained success with one group.  The late 90's to early 00's Yankees were a remarkable exception.  It just doesn't happen in baseball like it does for Alabama or New England football, or Golden State basketball.  Enjoy it while it lasts because it rarely does in baseball beyond a couple of seasons. 

I'll take a few years of titles hahah. I know the pitching is the question. But that lineup is still young for the most part.

5 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

I'll take a few years of titles hahah. I know the pitching is the question. But that lineup is still young for the most part.

The Astros, Cubs and Red Sox have the best collection of young talent in all of baseball.  Pitching will be the key for all of them.

• 2 weeks later...