State quarterfinals (3/2-3/3)

Beamerball

9 hours ago, BearDawg said:

90p. That’s me. After the game, I also posted that I stood corrected and cogratulated graham on their win. That’s what men do. Admit they were wrong. Got no problem with it. I also said Union would beat everyone by two scores in the region D playoffs in football this past season (Richlands almost spoiled the party. Much respect Blue Tornados!) and I heard about it. Didn’t pack up my tent and leave the forum. So what if graham does win. So what if someone, such as yourself, decides to call me out on it. Even after I admit I spoke incorrectly. Is it gonna change my kids birthday?  Will my paycheck change?  Nope. I’ll congratulate them, again, and cheer them on in the title game. Come one man. We are a bunch of has been a talking about high school sports. Just so happens we have had some special talent concentrated in Southwest Va this year that has brought this place to a fever pitch. That’s great. We need that in an area where some of these kids will come home from practice to find out mom or dad just got laid off. Or they have to move because the mines closed. 

In short. If your gonna quote my past post. Quote the whole thing. Don’t try to look good in front of your pals. Be a man. Do three minutes of research. You’ll find all you need to see.

You're telling somebody to me be a man from behind a keyboard. Irony at its finest. 90% of your response isn't even irrelevant to what I said either. Sorry I hurt your feelings though!

5 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Okay, going that route. If you were on one of those teams, would you rather play in front of 3,200 or 5,000? You’re robbing the kids who won’t play any farther after high school the opportunity to play in front of 5,000 people. 

You are not robbing them if they win!!! Get over it, they playing at Tazewell and I bet every kid is thrilled to be playing.  Who hosted the semi finals in football? High schools or colleges ??

17 minutes ago, IRISH-FAN18 said:

You're telling somebody to me be a man from behind a keyboard. Irony at its finest. 90% of your response isn't even irrelevant to what I said either. Sorry I hurt your feelings though!

You clearly don’t understand the context. I’m guessing your still wet behind the ears. That’s fine. Hurt my feelings?  Lol. You were the one coming at me from behind a keyboard. This the, be a man comment. But you’ll figure out adulthood one day. I’ll enjoy being trolled by high schoolers and old guys. You keep trying to talk big young man. 

7 hours ago, GMan said:

According to the VHSL School Directory, Tazewell holds 3,200.  That's about as "definite" as you will get...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FtlFfVnS0fKGQAulYpPl8GkNHYNmXpyX/view

Thanks for sharing. 

Tazewell-3,200? I agree with you.  I just don't see it.

I noticed some wild inconsistencies in the directory.

Ex: Abingdon and Battle gyms are the same floor plan.

Battle-listed capacity-1,100 

Abingdon-listed capacity-1,800

1 hour ago, olewave said:

You are not robbing them if they win!!! Get over it, they playing at Tazewell and I bet every kid is thrilled to be playing.  Who hosted the semi finals in football? High schools or colleges ??

You don’t know if it’s robbing them or not. Unless you go ask every player in both teams, neither of us have any way of knowing. 

But you 100% are robbing well over 1,000 fans the opportunity to see a once in a decade type of contest. 

57 minutes ago, Liam McPoyle said:

Thanks for sharing. 

Tazewell-3,200? I agree with you.  I just don't see it.

I noticed some wild inconsistencies in the directory.

Ex: Abingdon and Battle gyms are the same floor plan.

Battle-listed capacity-1,100 

Abingdon-listed capacity-1,800

Does Battle or Abingdon have an upper deck? Funny thing is this game could have been played at RMS if it wasn’t for the beef between Carlock and Phillips. 

2 minutes ago, GusDaGuesser said:

Does Battle or Abingdon have an upper deck? Funny thing is this game could have been played at RMS if it wasn’t for the beef between Carlock and Phillips. 

No upper decks or balconies at either.

2 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

You don’t know if it’s robbing them or not. Unless you go ask every player in both teams, neither of us have any way of knowing. 

But you 100% are robbing well over 1,000 fans the opportunity to see a once in a decade type of contest. 

How about the fans that get robbed every year who can't travel to Richmond to see a state championship game, something that happens only one a lifetime for some programs?

Life isn't always fair.

What?  Fred Phillips has problems with somebody?  It can't be, he is an upstanding citizen.  Everyone loves him.

I don't think it matters to the kids if they play in front of 3,000 people or 5,000 people.  The thing that makes a game like this special to a team is playing in front of a huge home crowd.  GC travels well but if you limit their fan support it affects their play.  Give Graham the crowd support and it ups their game.  Anyone who has watched high school sports will tell you that momentum is huge and the crowd can help carry momentum.

12 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

I can promise you that these kids don't care where it's played...it could be played down at the park, as long as the winner has a shot at state...

11 hours ago, GusDaGuesser said:

Nope, Tazewell is the largest gym in Tazewell Co. That's where it should be played and that's where it will be played.  Has ZERO to do with Carlock and Phillips.

2 hours ago, Leatherhead Larry said:

The way it looks for ticket sales it’s going to be 50/50 GC/Graham. No ticket sales at the gate. All tickets will be pre-sale. Their might be a few neautral spectators, but not many. Going to be a big wild mess tomorrow night. Go Blue. 

Wrong.  Anyone can buy tickets online...

https://gofan.co/app/events/23623

This is from TMS.

TMS will be hosting the Boy's Basketball - Class 2 - State Semi Finals: Graham G-Men v. Gate City Blue Devils on Tuesday, March 6, 2018 @ 7:00 p.m.

Please note the following:
~ All after school tutoring and activities have been canceled.
~ Parents, please be sure to arrive early to pick up your child on Tuesday, as we need to prepare for game traffic. 
~ Visitors and fans coming to watch the game will not be allowed to enter the school property until 4:00 p.m., after all buses and student pickups have been dismissed (only one road in and out of our facility.).
~ Gate will open at 5:30 p.m. for the game. You must have a pre-sale ticket (no tickets will be sold that night).

Graham tweeted: “1,000 tickets for the Graham/Gate City state semi final basketball game to be held Tuesday, Mar. 6 at TMS at 7 pm will be available at Graham High School beginning Monday, March 5. Tickets will NOT be sold before 10:30 am. Ticket cost is $10.”

Please monitor this post for updates. Thank you for your cooperation as we welcome Graham and Gate City!

3 minutes ago, #1BLUESFAN said:

I cant figure out how to buy the tickets..went to the link. But no luck

Link opens at noon today...it even says it on the page...

This is going to be a brutal place for Gate City to play at. Gate City's coach already has problems with fan interaction. Graham is the home team and will be right on his bench the whole game, I'm talking maybe a few feet away. Richlands and Graham never left that building without fighting and a lot more is on the line now. Shewwwwww I'm excited to watch this one. 

How crazy!!!   I just went on at 12:04 and they are gone lol.

Maybe they should have played at Tech and filled that place up.  VHSL would have liked the money lol.  Which I assume it would have cost to use Cassell Coliseum

16 minutes ago, mv91 said:

How crazy!!!   I just went on at 12:04 and they are gone lol.

Maybe they should have played at Tech and filled that place up.  VHSL would have liked the money lol.  Which I assume it would have cost to use Cassell Coliseum

I think they actually had less than 100 tickets when the site went live.  I know someone who went on at noon, put info in, and hit purchase button in less than 30 seconds that didn't get tickets.  Pretty sure almost ALL tickets were sold at the schools this morning.