State quarterfinals (3/2-3/3)

Beamerball

Just now, GMan said:

I think they actually had less than 100 tickets when the site went live.  I know someone who went on at noon, put info in, and hit purchase button in less than 30 seconds that didn't get tickets.  Pretty sure almost ALL tickets were sold at the schools this morning.

Wow!!  I guess they assume only 2100 people can fit in Tazewell Middle, which may be about right!!  Schools received 1,000 tickets each to sell.  Spoke to Graham High.  They sold out of 1,000 tickets in an hour

46 minutes ago, Tigerman10 said:

The butthurt from GC people on Twitter is great right now. News flash...should have won the region and then you could play wherever you want. 

I've not seen very much from GC fans about it. Been seeing a lot of it from other schools for whatever reason though. I think the majority of GC folks are glad to be in the final four. 

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

I've not seen very much from GC fans about it. Been seeing a lot of it from other schools for whatever reason though. I think the majority of GC folks are glad to be in the final four. 

The GC twitter account has gone thru and favorited just about every post whining about the venue

2 minutes ago, cityofRaven said:

No need to be mad at anyone other than VHSL in this matter...

So many interesting angles to this game, yet the VHSL has allowed the venue to become the top-story.

Graham/Carlock had the right to choose wherever.  They could have picked the 500-seat gym at Bland.

It's up to the VHSL to step-in and override the decision.

4 minutes ago, Tigerman10 said:

The GC twitter account has gone thru and favorited just about every post whining about the venue

Got ya. Most of us know it was Graham's right to choose. I don't see why it has to be "neutral". Wouldn't bother me if it was played at Graham. I'll be watching online anyways. 

13 minutes ago, Liam McPoyle said:

So many interesting angles to this game, yet the VHSL has allowed the venue to become the top-story.

Graham/Carlock had the right to choose wherever.  They could have picked the 500-seat gym at Bland.

It's up to the VHSL to step-in and override the decision.

And the VHSL said Tazewell would be fine...end of story...

Are there any Gate City folks that haven't bought their ticket yet and is willing to pick a ticket up for me?  I will be good for the $10 and throw in a couple dollars for your trouble.  And yes, I am serious.  I would be easy to spot at Tazewell Middle, just look for a good looking guy in a wheelchair.  Anyone willing just private message me and I will give you my cell to discuss details, etc.

1 hour ago, Liam McPoyle said:

But it's not the "end of the story".  It has become the story.  VHSL bungles it again.

No, you all are making it a story.  The VHSL did what was right...ugh...never thought I would say that.

If they had bungled, then Graham would be traveling to either UVA-W or Bristol to "host" a game...

Kicks Country, 106.3 or 107.7,  just announced that they will be broadcasting the game tomorrow. Pre-game will start at 6:45 pm with tip off being at 7 pm. If you can't listen to it on the radio you can download the kicks country app or at kickscountry.com.

Just now, bgibb said:

Kicks Country, 106.3 or 107.7,  just announced that they will be broadcasting the game tomorrow. Pre-game will start at 6:45 pm with tip off being at 7 pm. If you can't listen to it on the radio you can download the kicks country app or at kickscountry.com.

Who are the broadcasters? Anyone know?

Just now, Bluefield researcher said:

Who are the broadcasters? Anyone know?

It didn't say who would be the broadcasters on their website. Just the announcement that they would be broadcasting the game. 

2 hours ago, Liam McPoyle said:

But it's not the "end of the story".  It has become the story.  VHSL bungles it again.

I agree with you.  I mean if the USA Today did a story speaking on the unbelief of having a game of this magnitude in a Middle School gym, then I wouldn't say its "end of story" or that it is a story "we are drumming up".

I don't have a dog in this fight but it is a joke to have this game at this venue.  And before I get flamed, I realize the call is Graham's to make at the approval of the VHSL but come on.