Graham or Gate City. Who you got and why?

local_insight

32 minutes ago, local_insight said:

The games tomorrow, who is everyone taking to win and why???

Hard to bet against Glynn's team with home-court. But old adages are old adages for a reason.  It's hard to beat a great team twice. 

GC by 2 in an ugly, chippy, emotional, barn-burner.

Gate City fans... how come you don’t want to go to the game?? A few hundred tickets left unsold this morning and the athletic director is having to offer to pay for 100 tickets + the bus himself to get the students to go?

Lucky for Mr. Roberts that it’s at TMS. He might've had to take out a second mortgage to pay for all the tickets if the game was played at Cassell 

GC by at least 1 is what I'm hoping for.  This will be a game by two teams battling it out on the court and going toe to toe with both barely being able to stand at the end because they'll have left everything out on the floor.  Graham has the game plan to beat GC, but can they do it again?  Can GC make the needed adjustments to counter?  For both teams sake, I'm glad the winner will have two full rest days in between their next game.

My semifinals predictions for SWVA teams:

1.  Wise Central vs. Virginia High (2A Girls) -- Might as well save Central a trip to Richmond and give them the crown now, nobody is beating them.  Wise Central 55-45.

2.  Abingdon vs. Lord Botetourt (3A Girls) -- This game is the one I will be attending tonight.  Interestingly enough, these teams have already played 3 times this year with Abingdon holding a 2-1 advantage.  This could be the game of the night.  I'll go with the Lady Falcons in a close one.  Abingdon 68-66.

3.  Eastside vs. Parry McCluer (1A Girls) -- Much like Wise Central above, nobody is beating Parry McCluer in 1A.  Eastside has the "home" court advantage but it won't matter.  Blues win this one going away.  Parry McCluer 75-57.

4.  Eastside vs. George Wythe (1A Boys) -- This is the other contender for game of the night, in my opinion.  A raucous Spartan student section awaits the Maroons.  I think the home court advantage gets them through to the finals in a classic.  Eastside 70-67 in OT.

5.  Graham vs. Gate City (2A Boys) -- The rematch is here, in what is sure to be a jammed to the rafters Tazewell Middle School.  The incredulous defense of the G-Men.  The all out firepower of the Blue Devil offense.  Which one wins out in the end?  I'll go with Gate City to get the revenge tonight.  They seem to play better in the smaller gyms and not so much on the spacious floors ala UVa-Wise.  Gate City 83-75

I think Graham has Gate City's #. GC cant beat Graham if McClung is a one man team tonight. The style of basketball Graham plays is just a bad matchup for GC. If GC cant fix the problems they had last time they played Graham, they loose by 10+. I'm sure every time GC drives in, their going fear getting a offensive charge. I've not seen a high school team in a long time get into position and plant the feet better than Graham does. Graham wins 68-60.

This time of the year, ALL teams left are good. Everyone is capable of beating everyone else. Will just depend on who plays their best game.

If the GC team that played at Radford shows up, GC wins by 10+. If the GC team that played Graham last time shows up, we lose by 10+.

Mac had is lowest scoring game of the season against Radford, but may have played his best overall game.

3 hours ago, EH31 said:

Gate City fans... how come you don’t want to go to the game?? A few hundred tickets left unsold this morning and the athletic director is having to offer to pay for 100 tickets + the bus himself to get the students to go?

Lucky for Mr. Roberts that it’s at TMS. He might've had to take out a second mortgage to pay for all the tickets if the game was played at Cassell 

They know it's gonna get ugly. This is going to be a brutal place for Gate City to play at. Graham fans are going to be just feet away from Gate City's bench. Gate City's coach can't handle fan interaction anyways. I would say the ticket sales was 80% tazewell county and 20% Gate  City. 

But, Gate City Wins by 2. 

3 hours ago, Great City said:

This time of the year, ALL teams left are good. Everyone is capable of beating everyone else. Will just depend on who plays their best game.

If the GC team that played at Radford shows up, GC wins by 10+. If the GC team that played Graham last time shows up, we lose by 10+.

Mac had is lowest scoring game of the season against Radford, but may have played his best overall game.

^^^THIS^^^

5 hours ago, EH31 said:

As I said, Tazewell is fine for a Tuesday night in SWVA...

Mac has the game of his life. This is his night. He battles through all the GMEN put upon him. He knows this could be his last high school game. 47 points tonight. 18 in the 1st half and 29 in the 2nd half. Gate City wins 72 to 64 as the GMEN can't seem to hit the jump shots tonight.

5 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

My semifinals predictions for SWVA teams:

1.  Wise Central vs. Virginia High (2A Girls) -- Might as well save Central a trip to Richmond and give them the crown now, nobody is beating them.  Wise Central 55-45.

2.  Abingdon vs. Lord Botetourt (3A Girls) -- This game is the one I will be attending tonight.  Interestingly enough, these teams have already played 3 times this year with Abingdon holding a 2-1 advantage.  This could be the game of the night.  I'll go with the Lady Falcons in a close one.  Abingdon 68-66.

3.  Eastside vs. Parry McCluer (1A Girls) -- Much like Wise Central above, nobody is beating Parry McCluer in 1A.  Eastside has the "home" court advantage but it won't matter.  Blues win this one going away.  Parry McCluer 75-57.

4.  Eastside vs. George Wythe (1A Boys) -- This is the other contender for game of the night, in my opinion.  A raucous Spartan student section awaits the Maroons.  I think the home court advantage gets them through to the finals in a classic.  Eastside 70-67 in OT.

5.  Graham vs. Gate City (2A Boys) -- The rematch is here, in what is sure to be a jammed to the rafters Tazewell Middle School.  The incredulous defense of the G-Men.  The all out firepower of the Blue Devil offense.  Which one wins out in the end?  I'll go with Gate City to get the revenge tonight.  They seem to play better in the smaller gyms and not so much on the spacious floors ala UVa-Wise.  Gate City 83-75

I will sooner weigh under 200 pounds  than GC putting 80+ on Graham. 

5 hours ago, Great City said:

Honest assessment not influenced by fandome.  I like it!  I agree, if Gate City plays as a unit the way they did against Radford, Gate City wins a close game.  If they do not, Graham will win going away as they did last week.