Was I out of line?

RichlandsAlum

Last night I attended a soccer match between my local school (Liberty- Bedford) and Liberty Christian Academy.

To alleviate any confusion about my attempts to provide positive reinforcement to my son's team, I felt the need to qualify my "Go __________ " cheers in the following manner:

"Public Liberty!"

"Roster-Comprised-Almost-Entirely-Of-Local-Players Liberty!"

"Original VHSL Liberty!"

I got some stares from opposing fans, and my wife says that I was being particularly obnoxious.  But I think I was just providing a valuable public service.

Thought I'd come here in search of feedback.

(Either way.... I'm pretty sure I'm now on some kind of watch list that is published and maintained in an office off Candlers Mountain Road in Lynchburg.)

I can certainly see where some might find this to be somewhat obnoxious.  However, I feel it's entirely warranted under the circumstances.  My feedback would be, carry on good sir!  

For future reference, you could add "Go Non-litigious Liberty" or even "Go Liberty that didn't sue VHSL for admittance" to your repertoire.