Richlands 2018 Football Trailer - #Thunder18

Ryan4VT

22 minutes ago, 99Bama said:

Well done Ryan. I'm glad you had plenty of material to use of the Tazewell game and not the Graham game. Lol

I wasn’t given the Graham tape. 😉

5 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Great job man. I'm so sick of SWVA teams using Thunderstruck, but that's not your fault lol. 

Richlands might be the ONLY team that can claim that Thunderstruck works. We are a storm. Thunder and Lightning and stuff. Doesn't quite work for an Eagle or a Bear. But it works for a Tornado. 🙂

3 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Richlands might be the ONLY team that can claim that Thunderstruck works. We are a storm. Thunder and Lightning and stuff. Doesn't quite work for an Eagle or a Bear. But it works for a Tornado. 🙂

It does make sense somewhat for Richlands, why Union still uses it 35+ years since it was relevant is beyond me. It's not even the best AC/DC song FFS

8 hours ago, BigWinners said:

It does make sense somewhat for Richlands, why Union still uses it 35+ years since it was relevant is beyond me. It's not even the best AC/DC song FFS

Well, you're wrong there...Thunderstruck came out in 1990, so its only 28 years old...😜

On 7/26/2018 at 2:40 PM, BigWinners said:

Great job man. I'm so sick of SWVA teams using Thunderstruck, but that's not your fault lol. 

AC/DC seems to have a stranglehold on SWVA. A number of teams play Thunderstruck, Hell's Bells at Legion, and last year, VHS declared to only wear black on black unis at home, so we started playing Back in Black. Most kids today know NOTHING about AC/DC, other than the fact that they hear them play during walk up songs on Friday nights in the Fall lol

2 hours ago, Bearcat Dad said:

AC/DC seems to have a stranglehold on SWVA. A number of teams play Thunderstruck, Hell's Bells at Legion, and last year, VHS declared to only wear black on black unis at home, so we started playing Back in Black. Most kids today know NOTHING about AC/DC, other than the fact that they hear them play during walk up songs on Friday nights in the Fall lol

I don't get all the love for AC/DC either. I'm not trashing them, but the area is aware there are other hard rock/heavy metal bands right? It's just weird so many teams use their music. I guess because it's radio friendly, no need to censor the songs. 

4 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

I don't get all the love for AC/DC either. I'm not trashing them, but the area is aware there are other hard rock/heavy metal bands right? It's just weird so many teams use their music. I guess because it's radio friendly, no need to censor the songs. 

They're also one of the top 5 greatest rock bands ever, so that could be another reason. 

33 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Sadly, the VHS football program rarely has  much support from the school's administration or the community. That is not the case now. We have a great principal, AD, and coaching staff, who have done an excellent job at making the program grow, in all regards. Even in something like pregame/walk up/entrance music, that is every bit as a big of part of football as anything else. Baseball in Bristol, on the other hand......

I, myself, am a big fan of AC/DC, but you are right. There are tons of great songs/groups out there that can add a lot to the spectacle that a football game is supposed to be.