How do you go about choosing a Division 1 college team?

Boomhauer

14 hours ago, RichlandsAlum said:

Right now might be an excellent time to declare allegiance to Virginia Tech -- if only because no one could accuse you of being a bandwagon fan.

Now I know how Clark Griswold felt when he didn't get his Christmas bonus.

I don't know, that might be a painful route to take.

• 4 weeks later...

5 hours ago, RichlandsAlum said:

Very good chance, IMO.  Would expect Hoos to be favored going in.

Don’t you put that reverse jinx on us!

55 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

No. 

By S&P+ ratings, @Duke was the toughest game remaining on our schedule.  It’s within the realm of possibility, especially if you all don’t come together in the next 5 weeks.

10 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

By S&P+ ratings, @Duke was the toughest game remaining on our schedule.  It’s within the realm of possibility, especially if you all don’t come together in the next 5 weeks.

No. 😎

20 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

"I hope that you have sons!  Handsome, beautiful, articulate sons -- who are talented, and star athletes, and they have their legs taken away!  I mean I pray you know that pain and that hurt!"

• 1 month later...
On 8/27/2018 at 3:03 PM, UVAObserver said:

We have blown a large number of football games in mind-melting ways.  Most (not all) of those were defensive pants-crapping in situations where it’s harder to blow the lead than to retain it.  Here’s the short list this decade that comes to mind:

(1) Duke 2010

(2) Southern Miss 2011

(3) LA Tech 2012

(4) VT 2012

(5) Maryland 2013

(6) VT 2014 

(7) VT 2014*

(8) VT 2014*

(9) VT 2014*

(10) ND 2015**

(10) UNC 2015

(11) VT 2015

(12) UConn 2016

(13) Louisville 2016

(14) Miami 2017

(15) At least one in 2018, my bet is VT.

* - for emphasis

** - see above video

You nailed it. 

• 1 month later...

I must reply to this thread, there was no conclusive pull in any direction after this season. Maybe next year. Maybe I should just pick a team on the other side of the country or not in the SEC or ACC. I was impressed by UVA's bowl win.

17 minutes ago, Boomhauer said:

I must reply to this thread, there was no conclusive pull in any direction after this season. Maybe next year. Maybe I should just pick a team on the other side of the country or not in the SEC or ACC. I was impressed by UVA's bowl win.

Just be an App. St. fan. They’re the best school around here lol. 

7 hours ago, Boomhauer said:

What's your thoughts on VT and Fuente as far as next year?

I think we’ll be fine. We had over 25 players go down with various injuries this season. We only had 5 seniors, so there’s lot s of talent coming back. 

Gotta figure out the QB spot and we need a RB to become a real RB. But we’ll have WR/TE weapons galore next season. 

And the defense should be much better. Webb will be back and maybe Farley will learn how to tackle. Only lose a couple inside linemen on that side. 

Im optimistic we can get back to the 8-10 win range next season. But who knows lol. 

• 1 month later...