Bearcats vs Bulldogs

Bulldogs52

Hopefully I will be able to attend this game from where it is being played Thursday night. I believe that the hype around Tazewell this year is very real. I look for Tazewell to win this game in front of what should be a packed house. I see Tazewell forcing a turnover or stopping V High on the last drive to win the game. Good luck Dawgs!

28 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

Come one come all always good to see fellow board members in person!  Just make sure to come on over to the home side.  I've heard rumor that the visitor side isn't the best seats lol

Funny thing is I have never been in them...

I have to agree. I don't particularly care for the visitor's bleachers as Tazewell, but they're not as uncomfortable as sitting on the visitors side at the Stone Castle.

With that said, @swva_havok_fan, I recommend that you don't take our word for it. I'll save you a seat at the 50 yd. line, top row 😁

3 hours ago, stu_bean said:

Come one come all always good to see fellow board members in person!  Just make sure to come on over to the home side.  I've heard rumor that the visitor side isn't the best seats lol

Funny thing is I have never been in them...

Can confirm it’s horrible. Can also conform as a former marching band member, your press box being centered to the 42 1/2 yard line instead of the 50 is also miserable. 

I've commented, but have yet to put a score. I believe the experience and numbers will lead to a Bearcats victory. The Bulldogs won't have the look of a deer caught in headlights, like they did in Bristol last year. VHS will wear Tazewell down in the first half, with a much better running game than they had last year. Tazewell will be much improved, but so is VHS. 

VHS - 36

Tazewell - 14

12 hours ago, Bearcat Dad said:

I've commented, but have yet to put a score. I believe the experience and numbers will lead to a Bearcats victory. The Bulldogs won't have the look of a deer caught in headlights, like they did in Bristol last year. VHS will wear Tazewell down in the first half, with a much better running game than they had last year. Tazewell will be much improved, but so is VHS. 

VHS - 36

Tazewell - 14

Come on now @Bearcat Dad.  Where I go Thursday night is dependent on how close the game should be.  You gotta sell me man!  Your prediction is making me think twice now.  Lol!

1 hour ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Come on now @Bearcat Dad.  Where I go Thursday night is dependent on how close the game should be.  You gotta sell me man!  Your prediction is making me think twice now.  Lol!

Lol! Ya got me there, man. Let me elaborate.

It will actually be tied at the half. I believe the running game will take it's toll thru the 1st half. In the 3rd, we will open with a score to go up 20-14(new kicker, missed XP). Tazewell will put together a 7 minute long drive, after our score, but while knocking on the doorstep from the 6 yd line, VHS will force a fumble that will be scooped and scored, in the first minute of the 4th quarter. Now, after a second consecutive missed XP, the score is 26-14.

After the ensuing kickoff, the fatigue catches up to the young Bulldogs, and they go 4 and out. We take over at their 28 yd line. The Tazewell defense continues to play with pride, and makes a great stand, holding VHS to a 38 yd FG, to make the score 29-14 with 7:49 left to go. 

The ensuing Bulldog drive has the Tazewell youngsters scrambling to pull the game to within one score, when their young QB makes an ill-advised throw while under pressure, that is intercepted and ran back for a 55 yd TD. Three tremendous defensive series for the Bearcats, have pretty much put the game on ice at 36-14 with 3:58 left to play. Not much action ensues from that point, as the clock strikes zero, with a final score of 36-14..........

Or, Tazewell may very well just curb-stomp our asses back to Bristol. Who knows? 😂

22 hours ago, Bearcat Dad said:

VHS - 36

Tazewell - 14

2 hours ago, jarhead24219 said:

By far the best matchup this side of BLUEFIELD,two programs that have matured and ready to take the next step,28-21 TAZWELL...HOME FIELD IS WORTH 7

You could certainly make the argument for Chilhowie @ Marion as well. 

18 hours ago, jarhead24219 said:

By far the best matchup this side of BLUEFIELD,two programs that have matured and ready to take the next step,28-21 TAZWELL...HOME FIELD IS WORTH 7

36 minutes ago, Counts said:

Chilhowie @ Marion has my vote

Go cast your vote http://coalfieldsports.com/2018/08/20/vote-for-coalfieldsports-com-game-of-the-week/

17 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

You could certainly make the argument for Chilhowie @ Marion as well. 

You may be right, but somehow I think this game gets out of hand quickly,CHILHOWIE is still pissed about how they played at state last year, 39-14 CHILHOWIE ALSO STUCK  WITH THE PACK

On 8/19/2018 at 8:12 PM, Bulldogs52 said:

I’m not trying to argue, all I was saying was 3 seniors and 8 freshman played that game, so that was our bench playing the game!

That same group held Richlands last year until 4th quarter. Ran out of steam; I'm looking forward to see how Tazewell does this year. I think things are looking up for the Dawgs!