Vote for the Week 2 Top 10

Bearcat Dad

15 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Having seen two polls come through that have not ranked Bluefield, do those polls actually count for tabulation purposes?  I would argue that they shouldn't.  It would be like an AP pollster omitting Alabama.

I apologize for submitting a top ten you don't approve of. 

19 minutes ago, 24282 said:

I apologize for submitting a top ten you don't approve of. 

I was willing to chalk it up to an oversight, but are you saying that you intentionally omitted Bluefield?  If legitimately think that Bluefield is not one of the top 10 teams in SWVA, you know nothing about high school football in SWVA, and should have your poll disqualified.  Bluefield hung 31 in the first half on your #5 team, BTW.

43 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

I was willing to chalk it up to an oversight, but are you saying that you intentionally omitted Bluefield?  If legitimately think that Bluefield is not one of the top 10 teams in SWVA, you know nothing about high school football in SWVA, and should have your poll disqualified.  Bluefield hung 31 in the first half on your #5 team, BTW.

To quote Brisco Darling "A man's entitled to his opinion"

1 hour ago, UVAObserver said:

Having seen two polls come through that have not ranked Bluefield, do those polls actually count for tabulation purposes?  I would argue that they shouldn't.  It would be like an AP pollster omitting Alabama.

Perhaps, they didn't realize Bluefield could be included...I'm not sure how they wouldn't but I'm trying to come up with a reasonable explanation as to why they were omitted by said members. 

7 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Perhaps, they didn't realize Bluefield could be included...I'm not sure how they wouldn't but I'm trying to come up with a reasonable explanation as to why they were omitted by said members. 

He did the same thing last week and said something to the effect of “if we’re including Bluefield why don’t we include Tennessee teams” 

it’s not an oversight at this point, it’s just a spiteful misuse of a vote 

So maybe we should just do a pole for 4 through 7 and just let you dictate 1. Bluefield  2. Graham  and 3. Richlands.

If someone has an opinion that doesn't resolve back to the idea that the sun rises and sets on the Bluefields and the southwest district a couple of posters get their band britches in a tangle.

56 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

No, that particular one admitted it was an intentional omission.  Hence why I believe that there should be a threshold for these things, especially since Coalfield Sports is using it.  Legitimacy and all.

Reddit’s CFB and CBB polls work that way.  If you’re continuously doing ridiculous things, like not voting for an obvious Top 25 team on multiple occasions because of some petty slight, you have your vote revoked.

24 minutes ago, 24282 said:

So maybe we should just do a pole for 4 through 7 and just let you dictate 1. Bluefield  2. Graham  and 3. Richlands.

If someone has an opinion that doesn't resolve back to the idea that the sun rises and sets on the Bluefields and the southwest district a couple of posters get their band britches in a tangle.

Has nothing to do with that and everything to do with the fact that Bluefield IS in the board’s area, and they ARE the best team in this area without a doubt. I get you don’t care about Bluefield. I don’t reallly care about Pulaski. But I still include them because they are a part of the polling area. 

1 minute ago, Ryan4VT said:

Has nothing to do with that and everything to do with the fact that Bluefield IS in the board’s area, and they ARE the best team in this area without a doubt. I get you don’t care about Bluefield. I don’t reallly care about Pulaski. But I still include them because they are a part of the polling area. 

I disagree.

Thanks

1 minute ago, 24282 said:

I disagree.

Thanks

I think everyone realizes you disagree. I was at the Graham/Bluefield game. Bluefield is probably better than the two  teams that  end up playing for 2A championship in VA. I'm by no means an expert or even a veteran member of this forum but I understand coverage area and know a high caliber team when I see one. Bluefield is superior to any other teams around here. 

3 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I think everyone realizes you disagree. I was at the Graham/Bluefield game. Bluefield is probably better than the two  teams that  end up playing for 2A championship in VA. I'm by no means an expert or even a veteran member of this forum but I understand coverage area and know a high caliber team when I see one. Bluefield is superior to any other teams around here. 

Your opinion.  Mine is different.  Maybe 1A but not 2A.

Bluefield is a big fish in a little pond.  

13 hours ago, ChrisRollTide said:

1.Union

2.Ridgeview

3.Richlands

4.Chilhowie

5.Graham

6. Abingdon 

7. VA high

8.Ft. Chiswell 

9. Burton

10. Grayson

I’m sorry as I did not realize that this was a coverage area top 10 I thought it was a Virginia top 10 in the Southwest area. So my new poll will go as follows 

1. Greeneville (TN)

2. Elizabethton (TN)

3. Bluefield (WV)

4. Tennessee High (TN)

5. Union

6. Ridgeview 

7. Richlands

8. Chilhowie 

9.Graham

10. Abingdon 

5 minutes ago, ChrisRollTide said:

I’m sorry as I did not realize that this was a coverage area top 10 I thought it was a Virginia top 10 in the Southwest area. So my new poll will go as follows 

1. Greeneville (TN)

2. Elizabethton (TN)

3. Bluefield (WV)

4. Tennessee High (TN)

5. Union

6. Ridgeview 

7. Richlands

8. Chilhowie 

9.Graham

10. Abingdon 

Nope. 

SWVA stands for Southwest Virginia and also Southern West Virginia. 

The coverage area is the map at the top of the page (plus Radford). 

People never cease to amaze.  When confronted with something is clearly illogical and irrational, a person has three basic choices:

(1) Admit error and correct.

(2) Say nothing / disengage.

(3) Dig in / double down / fight.

Outside the internet, people choose options #1 and #2 a vast majority of the time.  On most online forums, #2 is the prevailing option, with some #3 and a touch of #1 sprinkled in.  On this forum, people choose #3 about 90% of the time, and it strikes me peculiar.  Be it the Hurley fans from 2016, the whole Chilhowie/Riverheads brouhaha from last year, or even something like this, it’s astounding to me how much like dentistry it is to just get a simple mea culpa out of folks.

I don't agree with the coverage area and therefore will create my own. 

My new poll is: 

1. IMG Academy (FL)

2. Mater Dei (CA)

3. Colquitt County (GA)  Go Rush!

4. Allen (TX)

5. Maryville (TN)

6. Greeneville (TN)

7. Salem

8. Oscar Smith

9. Bluefield

10. Riverheads

Sorry 24282, no matter what you say Bluefield is going to be a part of the coverage on this board. If you don't like then that's just too bad. The great thing is that there is nothing you can do about it except deal with it.

Its looks like he has done enough.

This reminds me of a picture of kindergarteners crying on a basketball court over an exchange student using one of their many basketballs to play soccer. Add in, UVAO trying to be smart and useful (neither has happened since I've been part of this board), proof thread complete.

48 minutes ago, TwhscoachT said:

Its looks like he has done enough.

This reminds me of a picture of kindergarteners crying on a basketball court over an exchange student using one of their many basketballs to play soccer. Add in, UVAO trying to be smart and useful (neither has happened since I've been part of this board), proof thread complete.

The only time we’ve ever really had an issue is when I mentioned something about Thomas Walker’s history being extremely poor (which except for 1991-1992, 1996, 2017, and a few 6-4 type seasons in the late 2000s, is objectively true).  You took exception to that (for the obvious reason).  I’m a bit surprised to see you still hurt and fuming from that, but you do you.

On 8/25/2018 at 2:28 PM, EH31 said:

1. Bluefield

2. Union

3. Graham

4. Virginia High  

5. Chilhowie 

6. Pulaski Co

7. Ridgeview 

8. Abingdon

9. Richlands 

10. Radford 

That's right!  That's right!  The Cats on the way up!   Viewing area?  The Cats will be viewed soon!  On the way to state!  Bug things poppin for the Cays this year in football!