Graham vs Tazewell

Taz_Dawg61

Graham needs to shore up its line and correct some mistakes made against a top notch Bluefield team. I haven't seen Tazewell play but seems they're doing well and I think they may even be in contention next year for district. I say Graham wins this one though. 

Depends on how the game starts off.  If Tazewell takes care of their assignments, wraps up the tackles missed, and doesn't make costly mistakes then this is a game.  I do think that Graham will take it because of experience and size on the lines but don't expect the Dogs to just let them run over them without a fight.

Graham could be their own worst enemy in this one, especially if they play flat and underestimate those pesky Dawgs.  The fact that Tazewell never gives up until the final buzzer says a lot, and if Graham commits to many self inflicted turn-overs this could get interesting. I know Graham should win this one on paper, but i'm pulling for the Dawgs in an upset.

This is a bellwether game for Graham, and I think we’ll learn more about Graham in this game than we did against Bluefield.  Tazewell is talented, but young.  Tazewell plays hard for 48 minutes.  I would like to see Graham come out and exert dominance, especially with the degree of difficulty lowered from last week.  If we see the litany of missed assignments on the line, and the lack of imaginative play-calling we saw last week, this could be dicey.  Graham should win, but Tazewell could conceivably pull an upset.

On 8/27/2018 at 3:15 PM, UVAObserver said:

This is a bellwether game for Graham, and I think we’ll learn more about Graham in this game than we did against Bluefield.  Tazewell is talented, but young.  Tazewell plays hard for 48 minutes.  I would like to see Graham come out and exert dominance, especially with the degree of difficulty lowered from last week.  If we see the litany of missed assignments on the line, and the lack of imaginative play-calling we saw last week, this could be dicey.  Graham should win, but Tazewell could conceivably pull an upset.

Agree, need some better play calling on defense especially; made several mistakes and were sluggish first half; need to polish technique and not half do it. GMen can be contenders in playoffs but you can't wait to playoffs to fix the little stuff by that time the little stuff will have turned into big stuff. Tazewell is young but play hard. I hope it's a good game. 

Graham should win this game, but if they go into Bulldog Stadium thinking that it's going to be a cake walk, the G-Men will be heading back to Bluefield with a loss in week 2. I have seem both teams play and I see this being closer than what some people may think. I can see the score being close at halftime, and the youth of Tazewell will be the down fall in the second half. Graham 34 Tazewell 21

When is Tazewell not going to be young?  That’s all we heard last year too.  The kids you keep referring to are hold backs most supposed to be juniors.  17 year olds aren’t “young”

1 hour ago, G-star said:

When is Tazewell not going to be young?  That’s all we heard last year too.  The kids you keep referring to are hold backs most supposed to be juniors.  17 year olds aren’t “young”

Don't know where you got your info, but may be one or two of what you call hold backs, but for real Tazewell has a younger team than most in the area.  They have been down for a long time, and just now beginning to see the numbers gain strength.  Tazewell played more 9th & 10th graders last year than anyone in the area, now those are 10th & 11th graders this year with not a lot of 12th graders, so yeah, they are young compared to other teams in the area.  Next year, they won't be known as a young team, to answer your question.

7 hours ago, Blue 72 said:

Don't know where you got your info, but may be one or two of what you call hold backs, but for real Tazewell has a younger team than most in the area.  They have been down for a long time, and just now beginning to see the numbers gain strength.  Tazewell played more 9th & 10th graders last year than anyone in the area, now those are 10th & 11th graders this year with not a lot of 12th graders, so yeah, they are young compared to other teams in the area.  Next year, they won't be known as a young team, to answer your question.

I believe what he is trying to say is yes they are 9th and 10th graders but............the majority of them were held back in middle school. So technically they are supposed to be 10th and 11th graders. I am happy for those kids and their fans. They have stuck together to this point and done well. I just hope the Tazewell fan base over the next two years doesn't act like the Hurley fan base did two years ago. Enjoy the two year ride, have pride in your team and community but don't be so arrogant the rest of us can't stand you. Good luck Friday night to both teams. I think Graham wins this one.

4 hours ago, 99Bama said:

I believe what he is trying to say is yes they are 9th and 10th graders but............the majority of them were held back in middle school. So technically they are supposed to be 10th and 11th graders. I am happy for those kids and their fans. They have stuck together to this point and done well. I just hope the Tazewell fan base over the next two years doesn't act like the Hurley fan base did two years ago. Enjoy the two year ride, have pride in your team and community but don't be so arrogant the rest of us can't stand you. Good luck Friday night to both teams. I think Graham wins this one.

Pretty sure no one from Tazewell is on here being arrogant, we know what he have and will have and know it's a work in progress!

22 hours ago, 99Bama said:

If you will notice my user name "Blue 72", that alone should be enough to tell you I am not a Tazewell Fan!!!, I am True Blue all the way, but out of respect for the players and coaches who work their butts off so we can enjoy the Friday Night Lights, I wish all the area teams well, and when I see or hear someone putting any area team down and saying they are doing this wrong or doing that wrong, it makes me wonder just where they are getting their info.  Don't misunderstand me, I'll be the first to tell you that most area teams have some of what you call "Hold Backs", but that is a parents decision, not a coaches decision.  For someone to call anyone arrogant for a parents decision and the results thereof, makes me wonder where their information comes from.  I'm sure you pull for your team just as much as the Tazewell fans pull for theirs, hopefully no one labels you as arrogant for your support.  So calm down and enjoy the bright lights.  You Tazewell Fans keep screaming you heads off and showing up for all the players and coaches you have. This is one Blue Tornado fan who appreciates the support you show for your team.

1 hour ago, Blue 72 said:

If you will notice my user name "Blue 72", that alone should be enough to tell you I am not a Tazewell Fan!!!, I am True Blue all the way, but out of respect for the players and coaches who work their butts off so we can enjoy the Friday Night Lights, I wish all the area teams well, and when I see or hear someone putting any area team down and saying they are doing this wrong or doing that wrong, it makes me wonder just where they are getting their info.  Don't misunderstand me, I'll be the first to tell you that most area teams have some of what you call "Hold Backs", but that is a parents decision, not a coaches decision.  For someone to call anyone arrogant for a parents decision and the results thereof, makes me wonder where their information comes from.  I'm sure you pull for your team just as much as the Tazewell fans pull for theirs, hopefully no one labels you as arrogant for your support.  So calm down and enjoy the bright lights.  You Tazewell Fans keep screaming you heads off and showing up for all the players and coaches you have. This is one Blue Tornado fan who appreciates the support you show for your team.

This is exactly why I don't like posting on message boards. Let me start by saying you would be hard pressed to find someone that didn't attend Tazewell or have family that attended Tazewell to be as big of a fan as I am of those kids, community, and coaching staff. I spent 8 years coaching little league football in the Tazewell football league. Two of those years was coaching directly for Tazewell teams. Two years combining Graham/Tazewell kids together to play in the Big Blue Bash. If my kids were to attend another school in our area it would be Tazewell.

If you read my previous post I was referring to the Hurley fan base of 2016. In 2016 Hurley had a good team with good results. Their fans portrayed them to be the New England Patriots of 1A football. Nowhere in that post did I accuse anybody from Tazewell of being arrogant at this point either on this board or in the community. As of now they are the farthest thing from that. 

In closing "Blue 72" I will share a little advice that I was taught a long time ago. Sometimes it's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're ignorant rather than opening your mouth and removing any doubt. I know it is difficult sometimes to pick up on someone's personality or what the message they are trying to convey is on a message board. Let me make it clear I was not in any way throwing shade toward Tazewell. If anything it was towards Hurley.

Have a good day!

Let me be specific.  Opening your mouth and throwing shade (as you called it) on any fan base of any team, shows your attitude, not mine.  I respect your opinion and your post. I'm not attacking you, but be mindful,I did not, nor would I ever, call you ignorant or arrogant and don't appreciate you saying anyone's post on this board shows their ignorance.  I have always been supportive of all who post on this board and all area teams.  Sorry if I offended you in any way, just did not understand your intention of calling anyone arrogant for supporting their team, but if that is how it appeared to you I understand. Please forgive my misunderstanding.  Hope you enjoy your day.

44 minutes ago, 99Bama said:

This is exactly why I don't like posting on message boards. Let me start by saying you would be hard pressed to find someone that didn't attend Tazewell or have family that attended Tazewell to be as big of a fan as I am of those kids, community, and coaching staff. I spent 8 years coaching little league football in the Tazewell football league. Two of those years was coaching directly for Tazewell teams. Two years combining Graham/Tazewell kids together to play in the Big Blue Bash. If my kids were to attend another school in our area it would be Tazewell.

If you read my previous post I was referring to the Hurley fan base of 2016. In 2016 Hurley had a good team with good results. Their fans portrayed them to be the New England Patriots of 1A football. Nowhere in that post did I accuse anybody from Tazewell of being arrogant at this point either on this board or in the community. As of now they are the farthest thing from that. 

In closing "Blue 72" I will share a little advice that I was taught a long time ago. Sometimes it's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're ignorant rather than opening your mouth and removing any doubt. I know it is difficult sometimes to pick up on someone's personality or what the message they are trying to convey is on a message board. Let me make it clear I was not in any way throwing shade toward Tazewell. If anything it was towards Hurley.

Have a good day!

I can agree with posting and its lack of emotion.  Sometimes a person can be taken completely wrong and then has to back up and clarify.  I can honestly say people in Tazewell are realistic and know what we have.  Optimism is very high because of the past several years.  I also remember what was said about Hurley a few years back and agree that they thought they were going to beat everyone and they did although they had a weak schedule through no fault of their own.  Several people were chirping very loudly all the time but not everyone.  I'm sure there are some Tazewell fans that think we are going to kill Graham tonight but most everyone is realistic and respectful of the truth of our team.

Of course everywhere has these types of fans some places more than others and unfortunately some of them make their way on here and ruin it for a school for some people.  It was enough for me in what I saw from some fans back when I first got into football for me to form my opinion of Richlands and Gate City and I can't say will never change but slowly over time it is possible.

Some GMen coaches should be chewing tail in lockeroom during this half. 20-6 score is deceiving. Graham is missing tackles left & right. Technique awful. Tazewell playing with heart and never give up determination while Graham seems sluggish except for a few of the normal game getters All my humble opinion.