Letcher County Central @ Union

Unionguy_2017

Just now, GoBearsGo said:

I expected a little more from Letcher. I agree with above, they really struggled. Union started a little sluggish but got its feet pretty quick. Defense looked good and I was glad to see us throw it around a little. 

I blame it 90% on The coaches. Went away from what was mildly working, timing short passes and decided to run into the teeth of the Bear defense. Not a good idea. 

Bailey had his best game this season, two beautiful TD passes.

1 minute ago, Unchained said:

He's certainly got the tools to be a dandy one. Good frame and strong arm. Once her gets the reps down and accuracy up he'll be solid.

The arm strength really sticks out. Some people at the game tonight who hadn’t seen him play let out a collective, “woah” when he started slinging the ball around. 

13 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

LCC gave up early in third quarter, calling an inside run on 4th and 5 deep in their own territory when Union had totally shut down the run all night. The coaching for LCC was flat out terrible. 

Their coach wanted us to score and get a running clock, so he could get on back to Whitesburg. Joke was on him though because we missed the PAT and he had to spend another 45 minutes in BSG. Haha 

2 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Their coach wanted us to score and get a running clock, so he could get on back to Whitesburg. Joke was on him though because we missed the PAT and he had to spend another 45 minutes in BSG. Haha 

One of the LCC fans was telling us that the HC was the son in-law of Don Childress who owns everything in Eastern KY but Jesus. The guy can go 0-10 for 50 years lol

I spoke with Travis Turner after the game, I asked him where he was getting his gunslingers QBs from(Andy Jones and Brody Gibson) Body Gibson was the one who threw the long pass in the 4th quarter, and Andy Jones looked great too.