VOTE for Week 3 Top 10 List

Bearcat Dad

Just now, TwhscoachT said:

My apologies, if needed I'll be glad to correct my mistake and assist with the counting.

No apologies needed. This site is one of my favorite sites on all of the interweb, but I've done the same thing on here before. I've had my beefs with a couple of posters in my time here, as well, and have also apologized to the mods for hijacking a thread. We're all passionate about our teams, and most of us are guilty for letting our emotions get the best of us.

Thank you for the offer, but I'm one of those really lucky guys who is married to an awesome woman that loves football. She helps me every week in not only counting the votes, but also on my articles that I write for CoalfieldSports.com. 

I feel like we should give the Roanoke valley a look. To include them is not like the SEC Network including vt uva and wvu. To not include them is like the SEC Network not including Bama because they win too much. Clearly a team within our geographical area and community interest area (closer to Radford than over half of the other teams). I respect y’alls opinion to not include them but if I do please understand it is because I feel they are SWVA and one hell of a program that people SouthWest of here should hear about. Salem reminds me of the gate city blues devils and Powell valley Vikings of old. A powerful team that needs recognition 

57 minutes ago, PV2VT said:

I feel like we should give the Roanoke valley a look. To include them is not like the SEC Network including vt uva and wvu. To not include them is like the SEC Network not including Bama because they win too much. Clearly a team within our geographical area and community interest area (closer to Radford than over half of the other teams). I respect y’alls opinion to not include them but if I do please understand it is because I feel they are SWVA and one hell of a program that people SouthWest of here should hear about. Salem reminds me of the gate city blues devils and Powell valley Vikings of old. A powerful team that needs recognition 

Salem gets all the recognition they could ever want and more on the 4A Virginia Preps forum. 

15EC16A2-F99E-476D-AA4C-5591CB99798A.jpe

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

these are the teams we choose from here. It’s honestly that simple, guys. 

If anyone wants to leave Bluefield out, then that’s dumb, but it’s your right to do so. 

But you don’t have the right to try to change the parameters of a website that is privately owned and has been ran the same way for close to two decades. 

not Looking to leave out Bluefield. Just curious as to why if someone chooses to not name them as there number 1 they are concidered trolls. That’s the topic that made me decide to post and pick a team that clearly would beat Bluefield as my number 1. 

Edited by PV2VT
Hit the wrong key

I do understand that Salem is outside of this boards coverage area. I am just curious as to why they are and why people can’t a have an opinion of a SWVA being 1 over a southern WVa school

1 hour ago, PV2VT said:

not Looking to leave out Bluefield. Just curious as to why if someone chooses to not name them as there number 1 they are concidered trolls. That’s the topic that made me decide to post and pick a team that clearly would beat Bluefield as my number 1. 

No one said they have to be #1, but the person in question that started this whole fiasco was leaving them out of the whole poll on purpose. 

1 hour ago, PV2VT said:

I do understand that Salem is outside of this boards coverage area. I am just curious as to why they are and why people can’t a have an opinion of a SWVA being 1 over a southern WVa school

You can think Salem is better than Bluefield. You just can’t rank Salem above Bluefield in this poll. Or in this poll in general. 

blackboard-with-2-2-4-written-on-it_1333

1 hour ago, PV2VT said:

Why are they outside of the coverage area? Because they are neither FAR SWVA, part of the NRV, nor are they part of the Mountain Empire. Salem is in the Roanoke Valley. Why doesn’t GMan include the Roanoke Valley? Because he chooses not to do so. Period. 

You cannot rank Salem in these polls because they are not in the coverage area. You can rank Bluefield here because Southern WV IS part of the coverage area. You can have an opinion that Salem is better and many people may agree with you. You just cannot rank them here. That would be like ranking Florida State in an SEC power ranking. 

2 hours ago, #1BLUESFAN said:

That's the first time twin valley has been in the conversation of a top 10 team.....I hope the do well this season.

The media will try and tell you that the Panthers wouldn't stand a chance against any of the teams ranked higher than them, and that they could be handled by several teams that are unranked, but using what metrics? Performance? Statistics? Strength of schedule?

Phooey. They don't include the important things. Like heart. And uniform color.

32 minutes ago, Plywood_King said:

The media will try and tell you that the Panthers wouldn't stand a chance against any of the teams ranked higher than them, and that they could be handled by several teams that are unranked, but using what metrics? Performance? Statistics? Strength of schedule?

Phooey. They don't include the important things. Like heart. And uniform color.

I like twin valley I'm originally from Oakwood but I've lived in Richlands the last 20 years.the panther would not beat any team listed ahead of them.they just don't have the numbers to choose from..I hope they can upset Grundy which will be very hard to do..but it would be great if they do.