SHOWDOWN ON THE RIDGE!

cwood78

39 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

My family is hoping Friday too, a players mom has to work Thursday and shed be devastated. 

Union has a big volleyball game with abingdon Thursday also, so a lot of people are hoping for friday.

3 hours ago, 2000wave said:

I hope they do move to thursday....I'd rather not have to endure Forrest Gump rain to watch the game...

I'm with you i hope it's thursday.  I think playing in rain is an advantage for Union but I really don't feel like standing in it to be honest.

If Union fans are expecting to roll over RV, you're gonna be in for a rude awakening. RV is much better at the LOS, and the three headed monster of Adkins, Sexton and Sproles are electric. 

If Union doesn't play their A-game, we will lose. Period. Union should have an advantage at the LOS with our line play but this is a very, very good RV team. Best they've ever had. Union continues to evolve on offense, Bailey threw two absolute dimes for TDs Friday but RV isn't Letcher, they have speed for days and are good at the LOS. Going into another hostile environment, the Bears can't make mistakes and expect just to coast on talent. Adkins is getting D1 looks for a reason, he's a special athlete.

Not that Union doesn't have some special skill kids like Jenkins and Polier, but I'm saying Ridgeview is very good and Union can't afford to not be their best.

3 hours ago, 2000wave said:

This year's secondary is the best I've seen in awhile...our linebackers are pretty hard hitting and have an eye for the ball... it was fun watching our defense Friday night..

Wouldn't worry about Union airing it out 40 times lol 

Good Morning, I can say I called the score on the last game 35-7 and Ending score was 34-7, by the looks of the weather I want be able to make this weeks game, I got to stick with what I have saw at every game, if Union can control the line of scrimmage I can say that they have a very good chance in winning. That's one of the biggest key in games, I feel that we are doing a pretty good job in the defense side of the ball. I feel in the score of 21-14 Union pulls it out in the 4th Quarter. Safe travels to all that is going to the game..

Holy smokes. That's a logistical nightmare from an admin and officiating standpoint. It will be a very soggy game if this forecast holds up. The only good news is it will be on turf, but even with the amount of rain forecasted, I'm not sure how well it will drain. I'm not an expert on anything though.

When I look at this forecast, the only game I can recall that was like this was the 1996 AA semifinal with Grundy v Salem at Tazewell. Game was moved to Tazewell on Thursday IIRC due to field conditions at Grundy. Admittedly, that field was gone by that time of year, but Tazewell was in the exact same shape. Effin Salem, insert eye roll.

4 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

You'll be wrong.  Already talked to several folks from this board that are coming if the game is kept on Friday.

I may be wrong...but general population will be down I bet...compared to what would be there given a 70 degree clear sky Friday night...

On 9/10/2018 at 7:33 PM, jarhead24219 said:

I need to ask a question, why did Adkins change numbers? He runs hard like Thomas Jones #6, I am just wondering

This is what I heard . Cameron Carroll who grad last yr wore # 6.. Cameron's Dad is battling cancer. He is wearing this number to support Cameron.. Just what I was told.

2 hours ago, WAVE 316 said:

This is what I heard . Cameron Carroll who grad last yr wore # 6.. Cameron's Dad is battling cancer. He is wearing this number to support Cameron.. Just what I was told.

That’s the best reason I have heard of to switch numbers, looks good on him too