Super early Girls Pre season poll

champ

The Criteria and Rules of the poll 

1. I use most of the teams that are tracked by this site on the overall score board so it's not just SW listed.  I also rank all the divisions together Division 1 and up. 

2. Based on feedback ( creditable feedback ) I might change the preseason poll a little.

last id like to extend a pat on the back to the site moderators for your extensive score board posting.  I travel the state quite often and usually take in a few games in different locations. I enjoyed keeping up with the teams last year and this boards tracking of the teams records really helped me to pick good match ups to attend. 

It's also crucial for the ranking of the teams. 

PRE SEASON POLL REVISION 1 

1   LB  3A state camp ( I hope the site tracks their record this year. If not I will remove them from the list ) 

2  PM 1A State Champ  

3 central wise 2A State Champ  

4 Abingdon 

5 Ridge view 

6  Carrol county 

7 Floyd County 

8 Christianburgh 

9 Galax 

10 Honaker  I had to throw in my home team 

I'm not sure about them making the top 10 but I do expect a great season and a run at the end of the year 

Any thoughts or suggestions ? 

I must say that last years final regular season poll turned out to be just about spot on. So dont judge to quickly. Give me a chance to gather all the info this year. I don't have hundreds of scouts helping you know. Lol 

• 1 month later...

1   LB  3A state camp ( I hope the site tracks their record this year. If not I will remove them from the list ) 

2  PM 1A State Champ  

3 central wise 2A State Champ  

4 Abingdon 

5 Ridge view 

6 GALAX

7 Carrol county 

8 Floyd County 

9 Christianburgh 

10 Honaker  I had to throw in my home team 

i know it's still football season guys but I wanted to adjust my preseason top 10.  I've had quite a few people tell me that the two kids from Galax Fox and Brown are both remarkably better and unstoppable. People that I trust well. So Im gonna start their move up my list now and see where they end up. This is going to be a very exciting girls basketball season. 

I look forward to it. Only 3 or 4 weeks left before most programs get started. 

not 100% sure what everyone returns.

Central returns most of there Key players but Depth could be a problem as they will need to develop a bench

Ridgeview Returns its top 2 scorers and a ton of athletic kids who saw a ton of playing time last season (If they can find a reliable ball handler to free up Frazer and Counts on Offence it will be a big help)

Union Returns almost everyone and talent wise is as good as Central or Ridgeview

Va High Returns most of there team as well and can beat anyone on a given night

8 hours ago, Counts said:

not 100% sure what everyone returns.

Central returns most of there Key players but Depth could be a problem as they will need to develop a bench

Ridgeview Returns its top 2 scorers and a ton of athletic kids who saw a ton of playing time last season (If they can find a reliable ball handler to free up Frazer and Counts on Offence it will be a big help)

Union Returns almost everyone and talent wise is as good as Central or Ridgeview

Va High Returns most of there team as well and can beat anyone on a given night

I know union and Va High will move up quickly.  I'm just going off last years numbers for the most part. I shouldn't have moved Galax yet. But I had diner with some of my ref buddies last week and they convinced me that Galax had 2 possible D1 or D2 prospects on their roster. The Brown kid sounds like a sure thing but they are saying Fox has improved tremendously 

but my gut tells me your right. I expect union and va high to be really solid this year 

I hope no one gets to board with my hobby.  I really enjoy trying to rank and keep up with girls basketball. I've been involved in girls athletics mainly basketball for 42 years now 

seems like yesterday my first born was playing tee ball 

13 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Abingdon is way too high on that list.  They lost Grace Hess to graduation who was a good chunk of their offense.

Abingdon usually reloads quite easily but your probably right. I'm giving them the benefit of doubt until a week into the season 

I expect union and VA High or some others to make some early moves 

i say again I hope the site tracks and keeps the scores up to date again this year  

truly remarkable how informed this board keeps all of us  I really enjoy it. 

• 3 weeks later...

On 11/2/2018 at 1:23 PM, mstone88 said:

if going off last years numbers not sure how Va High isnt in your top 10 

I haven't seen them play really. They creeped up on me last year.  I heard they were really expecting to be good this year.  I'd say with in a couple weeks of the season this list changes a lot 😄