Tazewell @ Hurley

Bulldogs52

2 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

20. 30. It’s all the same difference once you’re past 10 years. 

All I’m saying is that YOU have never been to Hurley. You have no idea what it’s actually like over there. Give the kids a chance before you start insinuating that they are going to play dirty and try to hurt Tazewell boys. 

That’s where you’re wrong! I’ve been to Hurley, just because the Bulldogs haven’t been doesn’t mean I haven’t been! But what ever dude! 

Been thinking of how to reply to this and get my opinion across respectfully. These comments go beyond football and insult the community of Hurley as whole as well my friends and family. I know a lot of those kids on that team and they are good kids from good families. The whole community is behind them and support them fully. Some fans take that passion a lil overboard I agree, but what program doesn’t have that? To assume that any of these players would try to intentionally hurt any of your guys and play dirty just because there from Hurley, is about as the same as me to assume that all Tazwell fans are as aggorant and narrow minded as you, which I do not because I have friends from the Tazewell community as well. We are a extremely small school in a very rural area and do the best that we can. With that being said I agree we are out manned and I’m not one those fans that think my team walks on water. Taz will most likely win this one, but rest assured they will be hitting hard and it won’t be the cake walk you assume it will be, Taz is most likely 2-3 tds better. But one day the time will come roles are reversed and when they day comes I hope they hang a 100 on ya because of these comments and this attitude. 

1 hour ago, Crabman said:

Been thinking of how to reply to this and get my opinion across respectfully. These comments go beyond football and insult the community of Hurley as whole as well my friends and family. I know a lot of those kids on that team and they are good kids from good families. The whole community is behind them and support them fully. Some fans take that passion a lil overboard I agree, but what program doesn’t have that? To assume that any of these players would try to intentionally hurt any of your guys and play dirty just because there from Hurley, is about as the same as me to assume that all Tazwell fans are as aggorant and narrow minded as you, which I do not because I have friends from the Tazewell community as well. We are a extremely small school in a very rural area and do the best that we can. With that being said I agree we are out manned and I’m not one those fans that think my team walks on water. Taz will most likely win this one, but rest assured they will be hitting hard and it won’t be the cake walk you assume it will be, Taz is most likely 2-3 tds better. But one day the time will come roles are reversed and when they day comes I hope they hang a 100 on ya because of these comments and this attitude. 

😂 

I'll say this as it is my only perspective that I have of Hurley the team.  Last year at home they played hard and didn't see any issue with them as a whole.  Two things I will make note of is coming out and planting a rebel flag midfield (which I actually thought was pretty cool) but some people might not see it that way.  The other was when a certain player seemed to be quite a hothead and launched the football at one of our players after he scored.  One player does not make a team or a community.  I have heard many tales over the years about Hurley and some of the things that happen there.  One of the most memorable was from a Whitewood player somewhere around 2000 that told me quite a story of the game against them.  All I can say is I'll see what my story holds after heading that way friday night and will go from there.

49 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

I'll say this as it is my only perspective that I have of Hurley the team.  Last year at home they played hard and didn't see any issue with them as a whole.  Two things I will make note of is coming out and planting a rebel flag midfield (which I actually thought was pretty cool) but some people might not see it that way.  The other was when a certain player seemed to be quite a hothead and launched the football at one of our players after he scored.  One player does not make a team or a community.  I have heard many tales over the years about Hurley and some of the things that happen there.  One of the most memorable was from a Whitewood player somewhere around 2000 that told me quite a story of the game against them.  All I can say is I'll see what my story holds after heading that way friday night and will go from there.

Shame on you! 😂 

10 hours ago, MulDaddy said:

I've heard both, the good and bad.  I've worked that way before and have experienced both.  I believe it comes down to different circumstances and everyone has their own opinion.  As with everything else, one incident can label a community or program.  People had told me the same thing about Riverview last year but we never seen anything negative, people were nice and respectful.

Yea, I think I'd forfeit if I was Tazewell and just stay home...….lol...😂  Should be a decent game Hurley has a young  team and there great kids...

9 hours ago, Bulldogs52 said:

That’s where you’re wrong! I’ve been to Hurley, just because the Bulldogs haven’t been doesn’t mean I haven’t been! But what ever dude! 

How long did you spend in the Hospital after your visit to Hurley, I am surprised you made it out alive.

Better team won. Congrats Bulldogs. That #3 is a great player, fast and good vision. I thought it woul be at least respectable but it wasn’t.  Side note, both teams played with respect, didn’t see anybody getting chippy or anything out of the way from eitheir side in the stands or on the field

Just now, Crabman said:

Better team won. Congrats Bulldogs. That #3 is a great player, fast and good vision. I thought it woul be at least respectable but it wasn’t.  Side note, both teams played with respect, didn’t see anybody getting chippy or anything out of the way from eitheir side or in the stands

#3 is a freshman, too. Just made his first start last week against Bluefield