Q&A for this weeks pod???

Ryan4VT

14 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

Who would win a fictional matchup?  That 2001 John Battle team that scored a whopping total of 24 points over the course of a season (6 shutouts), or the 2006 Craig County team that scored a massive 32 points over the course of a season (6 shutouts).  

Also, the worst team in SWVA history?

Also, how badly would that team destroy Jenkins, KY?

Worst team was easily Council whenever they fielded a team although I can remember some pretty pitiful Whitewood teams before TV was formed. 0-40 I think. There was a History with Hayes article last year I think? That game with Jenkins would be a 0-0 multiple overtime slugfest that would make those in attendance getting home about the time College Gameday starts.

9 minutes ago, Optimal62 said:

Out of the current  swva area, who has gotten the most offers in the area, speaking of D1 schools. 

Probably Richlands, Graham, Gate City or Powell Valley/Union.

Richlands has sent a ton to VT, GC as well. 

On 10/3/2018 at 7:30 PM, BigWinners said:

Probably Richlands, Graham, Gate City or Powell Valley/Union.

Richlands has sent a ton to VT, GC as well. 

I haven't listened to podcast yet but I don't believe Richlands has sent a lot of players to Virginia Tech or even that many to play at D1 level in recent years. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, lol. 

26 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I haven't listened to podcast yet but I don't believe Richlands has sent a lot of players to Virginia Tech or even that many to play at D1 level in recent years. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, lol. 

I came up with 4, but it may be a few more than that.

SWVA is becoming it's own little Recruiting Hotbed!!!! 5 Kids with Major P5 offers if you include Bluefield  so far and about 4 or 5 others will have FBS and FCS before  it's over. Tazewell has a O-Lineman  that could get P5 offers I'd also say Chancellor will atleast have a FBS offer and Sage Webb will be at Top 100 player next year.

That number seems low to me. I know PV had three D1 kids on the 98 team, one to ND, one to Wake and the other to ETSU. TJ went to UVA that's four, Brad Robbins initially went to Western Carolina so that would be five and there's probably more. I believe at least one of the older players went D1, but I can't be 100% sure

46 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

That number seems low to me. I know PV had three D1 kids on the 98 team, one to ND, one to Wake and the other to ETSU. TJ went to UVA that's four, Brad Robbins initially went to Western Carolina so that would be five and there's probably more. I believe at least one of the older players went D1, but I can't be 100% sure

My numbers were solely for Richlands. 

5 hours ago, Irishman said:

The following former Richlands players , were letter winners, at Virginia Tech:

Billy Cranwell QB..1957

Dickie Cranwell K..1964

Gerald Bobbitte RB, LB ..1962

Chad King DB...1992

Rob Stanton TE..2010

Austin Fuller WR..2010

Yeah those were are way before my time except the final three. And I had forgotten about King. 

Six sounds right, I knew RHS has sent a few to Tech, plus schools like Marshall. 

Appalachia had a few too, most notably Clark at Purdue and Turner. 

I think with the emergence of the internet and all the camps, kids from SWVA have a better shot at D1 scholarships than say in the 1990s or before. It used to really rely on head coaches and their connections but now kids can pave their own paths in camps and with clips.