Congrats to Chris Akers

who?

1 minute ago, Leatherhead Larry said:

Congrats to the KIDS. Credit goes to the KIDS for not giving up during another Akers lackluster season. 3-7 would be great, I just hope 3 wins to end the season doesn’t justify another 365 day extension for Akers by the school board. But it probably would. 

Some people just refuse to be happy...

40 minutes ago, who? said:

We ain’t beating battle

Maybe not, but everyone needs to come out, spend money, enjoy the band, and give Chris Akers a big Legion Field goodbye, as this will be his last home game with GC. 

On 10/13/2018 at 7:40 AM, Leatherhead Larry said:

Congrats to the KIDS. Credit goes to the KIDS for not giving up during another Akers lackluster season. 3-7 would be great, I just hope 3 wins to end the season doesn’t justify another 365 day extension for Akers by the school board. But it probably would. 

While I'm not an Akers fan, it's amazing what you can do when you don't fumble 5-9 times....

Congratulations to the Team!! 

It was a nice thought to believe Coach Akers' former kicking expertise had anything to do with the exceptional pressure packed field goal to win the game.   But, it was the Team who gave Gate City the chance to win at the end.

Another no quit performance by the Gate City Team on the road. It looked bleak again when Lee High completed a 72 yard touchdown pass play with 2:43 left to go and taking the momentum with the game tying two point conversation.

However, the no quit Blue Devils moved the length of the field with only one timeout with a combination of running and passing plays putting them in a position to win with a super kick at the end with only one second on the clock.

Both the offense and defense overall played well.  The Team had 309 yards of offense with 239 yards of rushing along with 19 first downs and only one punt. 

On 10/13/2018 at 10:42 AM, Grapeape said:

Perhaps all these Richlands & Graham fans can oversee Mr. Akers’ replacement, as they have their fingers on the pulse of GC athletics and know all about it. 😂😂😂

I hear Mike Williams might be interested...

Just now, GMan said:

I hear Mike Williams might be interested...

⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️

This is why I don’t understand why Graham fans are the first to criticize GC’s frustrations and defend Akers. You guys have been through it!! I can’t imagine the reaction of a Graham fan that was used to The Carlock Way if a GC fan looked at a MW season and said “They’re just in a down talent cycle”. Come on, man! Ya’ll must still be mad over 2014. 😬

6 hours ago, Grapeape said:

⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️

This is why I don’t understand why Graham fans are the first to criticize GC’s frustrations and defend Akers. You guys have been through it!! I can’t imagine the reaction of a Graham fan that was used to The Carlock Way if a GC fan looked at a MW season and said “They’re just in a down talent cycle”. Come on, man! Ya’ll must still be mad over 2014. 😬

Graham has been “through it”, insofar as we had to endure two coaches back-to-back who routinely squandered talent; who were abrasive to the point their teams quit on them; and did unconscionable things like giving away a home game (and the gate revenue that went with it) so he could watch his son be the 3rd string long snapper (this is not a joke; this literally happened) at UNC.  Now, unless there’s something happening at Gate City that hasn’t been leaked by the Columbos of this board, nothing of this magnitude is happening at Gate City.  What’s going on there is (1) a below-average, but not incompetent, football coach is (2) working with a severe shortage of talent that is beyond his control yet (3) gets them to play hard every week while (4) an indifferent leadership is resting on its basketball laurels.  That is nowhere near the level of what happened at Graham during “the lost decade”.  Not even close.  And I barely scratched the surface.

This is exacerbated by the Roman Empire-like arrogance of a not insignificant number of your “fans”, claiming that a coach who hasn’t won anything without his hand being held by Colobro is going to miraculously fix the dysfunctional Gate City feeder program while simultaneously Merlining the talent currently on the roster into a state championship caliber team in 0.024 seconds.  It’s straight delusion, and let’s just say it pretty closely matches the reputation given to me by dozens of M7 fans regarding Gate City before you all ever dreamed of posting on this site.

I know I’m wasting my time.  But since you summoned Graham as a comparison, you had this one coming.

1 hour ago, UVAObserver said:

Graham has been “through it”, insofar as we had to endure two coaches back-to-back who routinely squandered talent; who were abrasive to the point their teams quit on them; and did unconscionable things like giving away a home game (and the gate revenue that went with it) so he could watch his son be the 3rd string long snapper (this is not a joke; this literally happened) at UNC.  Now, unless there’s something happening at Gate City that hasn’t been leaked by the Columbos of this board, nothing of this magnitude is happening at Gate City.  What’s going on there is (1) a below-average, but not incompetent, football coach is (2) working with a severe shortage of talent that is beyond his control yet (3) gets them to play hard every week while (4) an indifferent leadership is resting on its basketball laurels.  That is nowhere near the level of what happened at Graham during “the lost decade”.  Not even close.  And I barely scratched the surface.

This is exacerbated by the Roman Empire-like arrogance of a not insignificant number of your “fans”, claiming that a coach who hasn’t won anything without his hand being held by Colobro is going to miraculously fix the dysfunctional Gate City feeder program while simultaneously Merlining the talent currently on the roster into a state championship caliber team in 0.024 seconds.  It’s straight delusion, and let’s just say it pretty closely matches the reputation given to me by dozens of M7 fans regarding Gate City before you all ever dreamed of posting on this site.

I know I’m wasting my time.  But since you summoned Graham as a comparison, you had this one coming.

And anyone interested in reading @Leatherhead Larry knock this argument out of the park,refer to the Graham vs. Bland thread. It’s becomes doubly funny when @UVAObserver, who has over 11k posts, suggests LL spends too much time on the board. Priceless content, & I hope I never get schooled like that. 

Anyway, congratulations on the win. 

4 hours ago, Grapeape said:

And anyone interested in reading @Leatherhead Larry knock this argument out of the park,refer to the Graham vs. Bland thread. It’s becomes doubly funny when @UVAObserver, who has over 11k posts, suggests LL spends too much time on the board. Priceless content, & I hope I never get schooled like that. 

Anyway, congratulations on the win. 

UVAO has been a member of this board since Nov. 30th, 2003. 

That was 5,433 days ago. He has 11,513 posts to his credit (some may have been wiped out on the old systems purge back in the early 2010's). 

That breaks down to 2.1 posts per day. A respectable number. 

If that was 10 or 15 posts per day, then maybe you'd have a legit argument. But 2 posts a day (and when you figure there are certainly days and weeks without a post by UVAO), your argument of trying to make an attorney out as someone who has "too much time on the board" is funny, at best.

1 hour ago, Ryan4VT said:

That was 5,433 days ago. He has 11,513 posts to his credit (some may have been wiped out on the old systems purge back in the early 2010's). 

If that was 10 or 15 posts per day, then maybe you'd have a legit argument. But 2 posts a day (and when you figure there are certainly days and weeks without a post by UVAO), your argument of trying to make an attorney out as someone who has "too much time on the board" is funny, at best.

My argument? Either you are psychologically projecting or your reading comprehension leaves something to be desired. Either way, I hope you get help. There’s more to life than high school football. I’ll pray for you. 

1 minute ago, Grapeape said:

My argument? Either you are psychologically projecting or your reading comprehension leaves something to be desired. Either way, I hope you get help. There’s more to life than high school football. I’ll pray for you. 

There sure is more to life, you're right. Maybe you should heed your own advice? You've been barking up Akers' tree for over a year now, and all it's done is begin to turn SWVA against GC's fan base. Which is unfortunate, because I've always had wonderful interactions with their actual fans. 

If you believe what you say, then does it matter if Akers is the coach anymore? Afterall, there's so much more to be worried about out there, right?

4 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

I appreciate the response.  I wasn’t going to dignify his classless personal attack with any sort of response, but this is pretty much on the ball.  When a person enjoys a community and desires to be an active part of it, it’s not particularly hard to rack up 10K posts over a 15-year period.  It’s particularly easy when i used to be the one that would provide Graham score updates on Friday night for years prior to (1) having kids and (2) the Kicks Country broadcasts being unlistenable.

But I appreciate him showing his true colors.  It’s a shame to see so many of that type affiliated with Gate City.  I’m sure there are enough reasonable folks there (and a few of them do post here).

On 10/12/2018 at 11:15 PM, Beamerball said:

Is number 12 in this photo in the field of play?  If so that would be twelve men on the field, and the coach is standing there talking to him, so does he not see this?  I guess the side judge didn't see it either, but I'm glad GC won a game, bout time.