Battle @ GC

Grapeape

Battle showed they can run with the Pack... GC will fight to the last second to get a W at home... All you fans that have stayed away - I understand your reasons, but’s it’s time to come home and support these kids. 

GC 27

JB 20 

With Richlands/Graham happening this week, I don't think this game is getting the attention it deserves. Both teams are still alive to make the playoffs. Both are getting better. GC defeated Lee last week and Battle took Ridgeview to the wire. I think Battle picks up where they left off last week and takes the win, but a home victory by the newly energized Blue Devils cannot be ruled out. This game could also have implications for Seeds 3 and 4.

Battle 33
Gate City 28

Not having #20 hurt GC badly on both sides. Obviously it hasn’t been the results they wanted, but the last three weeks have produced three barn burners. Wise got a big W tonight, so next week could be another one. 

Fumbles hurt, yet again, and the fact that GC has no passing game.  GC had the size advantage but never could get it going on offense.  Credit to Battle for keeping their composure after the two quick turnovers that put them down 14 very early in the game.