State Title 2A

Goat

Whoever comes out of Region C should be the favorite. They've produced the last four chamos. Appo three straight, Glenvar in 2014. Until someone unseats them, they're my pick.

Union had their chance last year but didn't show up for the first half and couldn't overcome a couple critical mistakes. I don't think any Region D team is as good as Union was last year, but neither is Appo and maybe a team from D can get hot and make a run. I hope so, I'll always pull for the Region D winner.

1 hour ago, BigWinners said:

Whoever comes out of Region C should be the favorite. They've produced the last four chamos. Appo three straight, Glenvar in 2014. Until someone unseats them, they're my pick.

Union had their chance last year but didn't show up for the first half and couldn't overcome a couple critical mistakes. I don't think any Region D team is as good as Union was last year, but neither is Appo and maybe a team from D can get hot and make a run. I hope so, I'll always pull for the Region D winner.

Last 5 champs

2013 Giles

2014 glenvar

2015 appo

2016 appo

2017 appo

1 hour ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Last 5 champs

2013 Giles

2014 glenvar

2015 appo

2016 appo

2017 appo

I originally typed five! I was pretty sure Giles had won it all in 2013 but then hedged bc I couldn't remember when Richlands won their title. But you're correct five in a row.

So yeah needless to say, I'll take Region C and hope a Region D team proves me wrong.

Riverheads is essentially a small 2A school, and if they were 2A right now they would be in the conversation each year for the state title. 28-0 is a very impressive win for East Rockingham.

32 minutes ago, huh said:

Riverheads is essentially a small 2A school, and if they were 2A right now they would be in the conversation each year for the state title. 28-0 is a very impressive win for East Rockingham.

Who said otherwise? It's a very impressive win. Last season, Riverheads won the 1A title but lost twice to the better 2A teams they played, both by multiple TDs. 

We will learn a lot about Riverheads, 1A and 2A in next couple weeks when they play Central Woodstock and to a lesser extent RE Lee. 

On the whole, the 2A champ should beat the 1A champ and I believe that holds true for at least the last few years. 

50 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Who said otherwise? It's a very impressive win. Last season, Riverheads won the 1A title but lost twice to the better 2A teams they played, both by multiple TDs. 

We will learn a lot about Riverheads, 1A and 2A in next couple weeks when they play Central Woodstock and to a lesser extent RE Lee. 

On the whole, the 2A champ should beat the 1A champ and I believe that holds true for at least the last few years. 

Re lee is not good this year they have already lost 4 games this year. 

2C is wide open right now. It could go either way between Glenvar, Radford, Appo, and Gretna. Glenvar still has to play Radford and Gretna still has to play Appo. I think 2C comes down to Appo and Radford. 

Glenvar has 1 impressive win and that’s Galax. They struggled against JR and Carroll so I’m not sold on them yet. I’ll wait and judge them after Friday!

32 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

2C is wide open right now. It could go either way between Glenvar, Radford, Appo, and Gretna. Glenvar still has to play Radford and Gretna still has to play Appo. I think 2C comes down to Appo and Radford. 

Glenvar has 1 impressive win and that’s Galax. They struggled against JR and Carroll so I’m not sold on them yet. I’ll wait and judge them after Friday!

I have seen  both Glenvar and Radford play.  Glenvar has a big line and big physical quarter back. Plus a good running back. Radford has improved tremendously since the start of the year.  Radford has a sophomore RB that is going to be really good over the next few years. 

The one thing that hurt both teams was speed.  I would have to give Glenvar the edge though as they have more talent and size. As well as they are a more experienced group. In my humble opinion. 

1 minute ago, Optimal62 said:

I have seen  both Glenvar and Radford play.  Glenvar has a big line and big physical quarter back. Plus a good running back. Radford has improved tremendously since the start of the year.  Radford has a sophomore RB that is going to be really good over the next few years. 

The one thing that hurt both teams was speed.  I would have to give Glenvar the edge though as they have more talent and size. As well as they are a more experienced group. In my humble opinion. 

I’ll be at the game with Radford and Glenvar play. I’m 50/50 right now. Glenvar definitely has the experience and size. Radford slightly has the speed advantage. May be a heck of a game.