Ridgeview @ Abingdon

Falcon Mania

15 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

I was wrong. Very wrong. 

I was right there with you though.  They haven’t been electric, got blown out by Pulaski (albeit, on the road), no REAL speed....just thought Ridgeview would win.  I’ll take the win, but can I go back and change my pick in the weekly pick’em?

On 10/20/2018 at 11:20 AM, Bigtom said:

Coaches were NOT prepared for Abingdon.  In fact defense hasnt been same since Union game.  Trying to get Adkins the ball last 2 games when teams were keying on him.  Last week when they FINALLY got Sexton ball he had well ober 100 yds on 11 carries and didnt touch ball until 2nd half.  

I have tried so very hard not to say this, but here goes. (Censored version) The RV staff has serious issues with play calling. I have deleted about 99% of this post, but could preach on this for days. 

20 hours ago, big ugly vol said:

I have tried so very hard not to say this, but here goes. (Censored version) The RV staff has serious issues with play calling. I have deleted about 99% of this post, but could preach on this for days. 

Right there with you pal.  I've stayed off the board since Friday because I just didn't want to talk about it.  The folks on Facebook are trying to make the world think we lost because of the BS call on that TD pass where the guy was out of bounds.  That's NOT why we lost.  We came back from that and actually led by 10 at the end of 3.  We did NOT finish and put the game out of reach when we had the opportunity.  We did NOT get the ball to our other playmakers.  Right now it's as if the the offensive coaches think there's one playmaker on this team, and as good as Adkins is, he simply can't do it all.

I just feel so bad for Sexton in all of this.  He has to be wondering at this point why he transferred from Eastside.

13 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Right there with you pal.  I've stayed off the board since Friday because I just didn't want to talk about it.  The folks on Facebook are trying to make the world think we lost because of the BS call on that TD pass where the guy was out of bounds.  That's NOT why we lost.  We came back from that and actually led by 10 at the end of 3.  We did NOT finish and put the game out of reach when we had the opportunity.  We did NOT get the ball to our other playmakers.  Right now it's as if the the offensive coaches think there's one playmaker on this team, and as good as Adkins is, he simply can't do it all.

I just feel so bad for Sexton in all of this.  He has to be wondering at this point why he transferred from Eastside.

I don’t wanna cast blame on any one player or anything like that, but do you think Sexton would have fumbled the ball with 6ish minutes to go, allowing Abingdon to get back in it? I don’t think so. 

15 minutes ago, Unionguy_2017 said:

I don’t wanna cast blame on any one player or anything like that, but do you think Sexton would have fumbled the ball with 6ish minutes to go, allowing Abingdon to get back in it? I don’t think so. 

Yeah... we're just relying way too much on one guy right now and that's just not going to cut it three weeks from now.  

24 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

My thoughts exactly.

Not just offence but defense play calling also.   Why did it take a wgile half to figure out you had to put 5 down linemen to stop the run.  Then got out of the 5 man front just to get gutted again.  Yes bad calls were made but should not be in a position to be that close to where refs determine outcome of game.   Got OUTPLAYED and OUT COACHED bottom line.

2 hours ago, Bigtom said:

Not just offence but defense play calling also.   Why did it take a wgile half to figure out you had to put 5 down linemen to stop the run.  Then got out of the 5 man front just to get gutted again.  Yes bad calls were made but should not be in a position to be that close to where refs determine outcome of game.   Got OUTPLAYED and OUT COACHED bottom line.

I completely agree...

I don't care much for most of those coaches, but they are probably going to be 18-2 in the last two regular seasons and all of sudden they don't know what they are doing?  Come on we sound as bad as Union fans wanting to fire Travis and their coaches after 1 loss. I mean I think there should be a different QB to but that wouldn't have made any difference in the game.  Sometimes things happen, could we control some of them?  Yes but not everything.  It was a tough loss but we have to get over it and move on.   Go fishing maybe shoot a nice buck calm down and get back after it Friday.

2 hours ago, HaloSports2 said:

I don't care much for most of those coaches, but they are probably going to be 18-2 in the last two regular seasons and all of sudden they don't know what they are doing?  Come on we sound as bad as Union fans wanting to fire Travis and their coaches after 1 loss. I mean I think there should be a different QB to but that wouldn't have made any difference in the game.  Sometimes things happen, could we control some of them?  Yes but not everything.  It was a tough loss but we have to get over it and move on.   Go fishing maybe shoot a nice buck calm down and get back after it Friday.

I agree....they cant control everything, but make some adjustments...mix it up a bit.  Seemed like abingdon knew every play what was happening, and ridgeview seemed to go back to it all to often ...

2 hours ago, HaloSports2 said:

Don't recall a single post about firing Travis. Can you find that?

3 hours ago, cwood78 said:

I believe, that was back when union lost to clintwood, some union fans where upset  about turners play calling.  Just guessing.

I recall some complaints about playcalling, but don't remember any firing comments. 

Don't think I've seen any Mullins firing comments either. At least not on this forum.

29 minutes ago, DB-6130 said:

As for the QB. In your own words, you said a different QB would not have made a difference in that game. So we need to make a change at QB when he is 7-0 in the other games. 

You are right I did say that.  It came out wrong I guess.  I think he has done a fine job I'm not taking anything away from him.  It shouldn't have been typed.

27 minutes ago, HaloSports2 said:

You are right I did say that.  It came out wrong I guess.  I think he has done a fine job I'm not taking anything away from him.  It shouldn't have been typed.

I deleted my post. I should not have said anything. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Everyone hates losing but I think Ridgeview will be fine. If Abingdon beats Union this week it will make it sting a little less I hope. Most of us are not on the sideline on Friday nights and really don't know why certain calls are made. I have all the confidence in our coaches and I think they will learn from their mistakes as well. I am with you @HaloSports2 go kill a big deer and get back on track these next 2 weeks and roll into the playoffs firing on all cylinders. 

On 10/15/2018 at 12:52 PM, Widespread_Panic said:

Last time Abingdon played a game they were in a dog fight with a bad VA High team. Ridgeview got their wake up call against Battle. Wolfpack wins by 2 TDs, maybe more. The Falcons don't like smash mouth football. 

Good call! 

This didn't age well for ya, did it Chief?

2 hours ago, Widespread_Panic said:

Abingdon surprised me that's for sure but I still say both VA High and the Falcons lose in the first round of the playoffs. 

Finally I can say it. 

Keep sleeping on Abingdon. You'll get your feelings hurt. 

The only thing that the Falcons have done week in and week out has made believers out of people. So keep doubting them. This is a team that is peaking at the best time of the year.