Huge Loss for Central Basketball

#BBN

McCamis has a torn ACL and will miss the 2018-2019 basketball season. How do you all seeing Central finishing this year without McCamis in the line up.  They still have a solid core of players returning, and I am guessing Elijah Hayes will be the starting PG now. Anybody else have any input on this situation at Central?

On 10/18/2018 at 10:54 AM, #BBN said:

McCamis has a torn ACL and will miss the 2018-2019 basketball season. How do you all seeing Central finishing this year without McCamis in the line up.  They still have a solid core of players returning, and I am guessing Elijah Hayes will be the starting PG now. Anybody else have any input on this situation at Central?

I would think 4th or 5th in the Mountain District without him. 2nd or 3rd if McAmis was in the lineup. 

1st - Gate City 

2nd - Union

3rd - Abingdon

4th - Wise Central 

5th - Battle

6th - Lee 

7th - Ridgeview 

Seems like you need it the way you are judging.   I don’t like the fact that it happened to the kid. But preacher man felt “god’s wrath”which has been a long time coming.   The way his teams play,especiallyagainst Gc.  It is very karma like that this has happened to his Bball team.  I got nothing against the boy.  Hate it happened to him, but for the hypocritical coach....well.

5 hours ago, who? said:

Seems like you need it the way you are judging.   I don’t like the fact that it happened to the kid. But preacher man felt “god’s wrath”which has been a long time coming.   The way his teams play,especiallyagainst Gc.  It is very karma like that this has happened to his Bball team.  I got nothing against the boy.  Hate it happened to him, but for the hypocritical coach....well.

Maybe you should consider who it is that you're talking to...

This is really inappropriate, Isaiah is a nice young man who like many in our area does all he can to represent his school and community. 

The impact will be huge. The question is if Hayes and company can handle the ball handling duties. I think that’s a bigger loss than the scoring. With Isaiah, Central had an outside shot at GC. Without him, the Union games will be interesting as will the Abingdon games. 

I hate it for the kid, evidently he had some college programs showing interest. Hopefully he can make a full recovery and maximize his potential and reach his goals as a senior.

While I have no respect at all for TJ as a coach, I would never wish injury on a kid.  They have a limited number of years to have fun and make memories.  After that it’s time for the rest of your life to remember and cherish those days.  In my opinion, with the loss of Mullins and now McCamis, Wise would be lucky to have a .500 season.  Gate city, abingdon, union, and Battle should be too strong for them and Ridgeview has the potential to be in that mix as well.

TJ will have to coach now. Not that he can. Maybe he will focus on his team and not his family playing for him. That said, he’s still dirty. Will tell his players to do dirty things. I pray Isaiah recovers quickly. Injuries suck. Not sure TJ should be allowed to coach as interim principal anyway. Not sure how that works. Hope they players have a great season, as that’s the only reason they will be successful. 

• 3 weeks later...

It's really sad that this thread  has evolved into someone saying that a great young man getting hurt is karma. That really speaks to the character of that individual. I'm not the biggest TJ fan by any means,but his son is a class act. I hate this for him.

• 2 months later...

I realize this is an old topic but I just wanted to say, that yes it is very unfortunate of what happened to Isaiah and I hope he has a full recovery. Now, you can’t say that the other players haven’t stepped up to fill that void and played some really good games. Hayes has stepped in and filled the PG position very well scoring in double figures every game. 

The loss of Isaiah and Dalton is long gone and the Warrior's team this year has a great leader in Elijah Hayes......if TJ would learn to coach the team.he has this year the Warrior's would be in first place....as someone that has been to the majority of games I feel TJ is trying to lose games to prove to the world the loss of Isaiah is causing the team to have a losing season....untrue....if the boys could coach themselves they would do an awesome job, it is just sad that the Warrior team plays their hearts out but has a coach that does not allow them to play to their potential....

47 minutes ago, Pixie@2018 said:

The loss of Isaiah and Dalton is long gone and the Warrior's team this year has a great leader in Elijah Hayes......if TJ would learn to coach the team.he has this year the Warrior's would be in first place....as someone that has been to the majority of games I feel TJ is trying to lose games to prove to the world the loss of Isaiah is causing the team to have a losing season....untrue....if the boys could coach themselves they would do an awesome job, it is just sad that the Warrior team plays their hearts out but has a coach that does not allow them to play to their potential....

They lost to GC by 40 without Ervin, Dean outscored Central himself. Central wouldn't win the district with Vermillion coachin.