Abingdon @ Union

Union_Fan

2 hours ago, #1BLUESFAN said:

I don't get wcyb here in Richlands is there any way to watch wcyb channel online

It will be streamed on Facebook Live on our Facebook page. Also I think you can watch it on the website as well. Unsure about that last one, but Facebook Live 100% sure about.

Get the jet ski's out its going to get wet, whomever deals with the wet weather better wins. I can't remember the last time UNION played in bad weather so that concerns me some, but there are like 19 seniors on the team and we are at home so i guess thats worth about 10 points. Then you think its senior night that takes away 7 points. UNION BY 3 in the 4th q.I still think UNION must throw ,early and often to get them out of stacking the box

On 10/20/2018 at 12:16 AM, Ryan4VT said:

Can confirm. It will be live on the Tri-Cities CW. We’ve had it planned for a while but I wasn’t allowed to say anything. I know PJ, Casey and the gang are excited to broadcast one from Bullitt. 

Whats the tri-cities CW?

On 10/25/2018 at 12:26 AM, Ryan4VT said:

It will be streamed on Facebook Live on our Facebook page. Also I think you can watch it on the website as well. Unsure about that last one, but Facebook Live 100% sure about.

Whats our facebook page?

1 hour ago, Westisthebest said:

Whats our facebook page?

WCYB’s Facebook page. I work there. So I refer to it as our website. I quoted a post saying it was being broadcast by WCYB so I assumed that would be understood. My bad. 

Congrats to the Falcons. You can’t beat a team with 5-7 fumbles (I don’t know the exact number) and two bad snaps on punts that give them field position inside the 20. Abingdon executed when they needed to though, and you can’t take that away from them. 

Union has some real issues going on. I’m sure everyone else’s opinion on these certain subjects are pretty close to mine. 

Yeah, as it turned out, Union was one of Abingdon best players. From their reputation I expected more out of Union.  Not being a jerk, just thought they would have something besides the counter play that would be productive.  Turner had a rough night passing.  The fumbles certainly hurt their momentum. I believe Union is better than they showed, no doubt. 

Too many fumbles(radio said 7), mistakes, cramps, missed assignments, players going both ways and horrible passes.

The injury to Polier didn't help either.

I said it after the benefit game with Va High that the lack of depth was a concern and it showed tonight. The players were gassed in the 4th quarter. 

The Falcons came to play and Union couldn't get out of their own way. 

Congratulations Abingdon on a great win and the Mountain 7 championship.

6 minutes ago, BigO said:

Yeah, as it turned out, Union was one of Abingdon best players. From their reputation I expected more out of Union.  Not being a jerk, just thought they would have something besides the counter play that would be productive.  Turner had a rough night passing.  The fumbles certainly hurt their momentum. I believe Union is better than they showed, no doubt. 

Never seen them play this undisciplined and that goes back to their 1st season when they went 5-5.

1 minute ago, Union_Fan said:

Never seen them play this undisciplined and that goes back to their 1st season when they went 5-5.

Exactly. That’s one of many things going on that are uncharacteristic. Don’t get me wrong, I love the aggressiveness. But it’s a double edged sword that when is going bad, it’s awful. 

3 minutes ago, Unionguy_2017 said:

Exactly. That’s one of many things going on that are uncharacteristic. Don’t get me wrong, I love the aggressiveness. But it’s a double edged sword that when is going bad, it’s awful. 

It was a crap show for sure. Hopefully, it will never rain again! Lol

I decided not to go out in the rain tonight, and I'm really glad this was televised, but who decided it would be a good idea to show multiple angles while the play was live? I'll give them an A+ for televising and picture quality, but an F in actually covering the action. 

It was ugly for sure. For some reason our play calling reverted back to the Ridgeview game. I just don’t get it. Union has had a diverse offense the last few games and it seemed like we abandoned that. Maybe it was the weather, who knows. To play that bad and still be within one score late in the game says a lot but Union just couldn’t catch a break. Hopefully that’s out of our system and we can get on a roll headed into the playoffs. 

9 minutes ago, JDHoss said:

I decided not to go out in the rain tonight, and I'm really glad this was televised, but who decided it would be a good idea to show multiple angles while the play was live? I'll give them an A+ for televising and picture quality, but an F in actually covering the action. 

Couldn’t agree more!  They showed field level angles repeatedly and you couldn’t see crap.  I wish they’d just kept the overhead view constantly. It may be just getting used to what works etc, but hopefully they see the error of their choice.  Kudos to WCYB for doing it! Greatly appreciated. Hope it continues next year. It’s better than watching a high school team from Texas playing a team from Florida. 

i have a question for fellow bear fans. can one of you tell me why we never use the middle of the field with our passing game? teams are bringing there safties down in the box to help stop the run and slants post patterns and dig routes are wide open. teams are daring us to throw and when we do everything is to the outside.

6 hours ago, The U Bear said:

i have a question for fellow bear fans. can one of you tell me why we never use the middle of the field with our passing game? teams are bringing there safties down in the box to help stop the run and slants post patterns and dig routes are wide open. teams are daring us to throw and when we do everything is to the outside.

That’s the million dollar question in my mind. We have big, athletic WR and TE and we never use the middle of the field. Abingdon was giving up the middle to stop the run as you said. Falin or Garrison on a slant across the middle would be hard to stop. 

7 hours ago, The U Bear said:

I saw some of the game on TV, none of the Union QB's passes were even close to the receivers on this night.  I guess that could be attributed to the rain, it certainly wasn't a good night for passing the ball.

Just a shout out to Ryan4VT , thanks for all your hard work as well as the WCYB crew, besides the weather and the outcome of the game , a very good night for Big Stone Gap. On another note today starting at 2 pm we are haveing a boo and booze event at Bulliet this will have multiple professional barbecue teams and a KISS tribute band (Played at Gene Simmons birthday)!.good food great band will offset the weather. All are invited. Again thanks Ryan

6 hours ago, GoBearsGo said:

That’s the million dollar question in my mind. We have big, athletic WR and TE and we never use the middle of the field. Abingdon was giving up the middle to stop the run as you said. Falin or Garrison on a slant across the middle would be hard to stop. 

i jus dont get it. teams are giving us the middle of the field in fact darfing us to throwv it there. we are getting man coverage with no saftey looks. we have two really good wideouts in falin and garrison who run good routes and can get seperation slants are there all day. its been that way all year. i dont recall any pass plays to the middle of the field.. 

31 minutes ago, The U Bear said:

i jus dont get it. teams are giving us the middle of the field in fact darfing us to throwv it there. we are getting man coverage with no saftey looks. we have two really good wideouts in falin and garrison who run good routes and can get seperation slants are there all day. its been that way all year. i dont recall any pass plays to the middle of the field.. 

Only one that comes to mind ironically is the half back seam to Jenkins against Richlands that went for a 70!yd TD. Kinda proves our point.