Gate City @ Central

Warriors_XO

31 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

I really think GC is at least a touchdown better than Central, but I also thought Lee was a TD better than Central, so who knows. This game could be a barn burner.

I like GC, 35-28.

I felt like we were 2 to 3 td's better than Lee Friday after we got rolling. Mullins is starting to get into the rhythm as QB and doing better with each series. Who knows with freshmen though! Freshman QB, FB, Wingback, and left guard. Sophomore Wingback and wideout. That's alot of youth to depend on.

17 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

I really think GC is at least a touchdown better than Central, but I also thought Lee was a TD better than Central, so who knows. This game could be a barn burner.

I like GC, 35-28.

I agree Central played better than I expected against  Lee.  Hard to predict But I go with GC in a close one

22 minutes ago, Leatherhead Larry said:

I hope he gets his walking papers after the final buzzer Friday night. 

I hate it for the guy...I really do. He was in way over his head and should have never been hired.  I don’t blame him, the powers that be set him up to fail.   I hope he can rebound from this experience.   With that being said...he needs to go.

colobro may come back if they beg him.   Remember he was supppsed to be on Tazewell’s sidelines.  He working for a bad db program.  Maybe gc with reed running the day to days might entice him.

20 minutes ago, who? said:

I hate it for the guy...I really do. He was in way over his head and should have never been hired.  I don’t blame him, the powers that be set him up to fail.   I hope he can rebound from this experience.   With that being said...he needs to go.

colobro may come back if they beg him.   Remember he was supppsed to be on Tazewell’s sidelines.  He working for a bad db program.  Maybe gc with reed running the day to days might entice him.

Akers was/is in over his head. But he applied and wanted the responsibility. But 2 candidates said no and Akers was the 3rd option, which kinda forced the hand of the SB. But last year (other than 2 members) they should not have extended his contract. 

The man man needs a job, I just hope it’s not in Gate City next year. 

25 minutes ago, HaloSports2 said:

Well is Akers back?  Did they renew his coaching contract or fire him on the spot?

Rumor has it they made him walk home. Grapeape and Leatherhead Larry saw him walking and give him a ride home. Larry was nice enough to let Akers ride shotgun. 

2 hours ago, 99Bama said:

Rumor has it they made him walk home. Grapeape and Leatherhead Larry saw him walking and give him a ride home. Larry was nice enough to let Akers ride shotgun. 

I insisted we drop him in Bristol; @Leatherhead Larry wanted to take him back to Rural Retreat. 😂😂😂