Score Updates: Week 10 (10/25/18 and 10/26/18)

Deleted Account

23 minutes ago, trublue said:

Galax Gazette Sports @GazetteSports24

Grayson County 36, George Wythe 28. Final

great state

Guess they proved 90% of this board wrong. You can never count any team out especially at this time in season. Last year should have proved that. 

46 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Guess they proved 90% of this board wrong. You can never count any team out especially at this time in season. Last year should have proved that. 

Not true. Most in the pick’em took Grayson. I think it’s this weeks game vs Galax that most will pick against Grayson. 

Suprised even having discussion concerning Grayson this late in year as 2 seed......definitely over-acheiving again which makes them  "little" dangerous.  Last night huge contrast in speed/athletes with GW.  Grayson just grinded away and survived...much like they have done all year.  Next 2 Fridays could be rough for them

12 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Not true. Most in the pick’em took Grayson. I think it’s this weeks game vs Galax that most will pick against Grayson. 

I was referring to the thread about game not the pick' em. The several in thread were saying Grayson would lose both. 90% was a bit of sarcasm, guess it's hard to catch that in text. 

39 minutes ago, rvsteer said:

Suprised even having discussion concerning Grayson this late in year as 2 seed......definitely over-acheiving again which makes them  "little" dangerous.  Last night huge contrast in speed/athletes with GW.  Grayson just grinded away and survived...much like they have done all year.  Next 2 Fridays could be rough for them

Grayson's strength with this core group of kids has been their ability to grind away games and play disciplined, fundamentally sound defense.  I'm not sure why anyone is surprised at this point.  They are well coached  and do what they do as well as anyone.  It's not flashy but it wins games. 

But I do agree, this Friday may be the best team they have played all season.

26 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Glenvar is the best team they’ll play in the regular season. Galax is a very close second. I think the Tide wins by 10

Possibly, but I witnessed Galax beat Glenvar in every facet of the game with the exception of the scoreboard.  Anyone who saw that game would verify.  And for the record, I did say "may" be the best team Grayson has played all season.

But, if if's and buts were candy and nuts..........

2 minutes ago, sixcat said:

Possibly, but I witnessed Galax beat Glenvar in every facet of the game with the exception of the scoreboard.  Anyone who saw that game would verify.  And for the record, I did say "may" be the best team Grayson has played all season.

But, if if's and buts were candy and nuts..........

Yea i watched that game on the NFHS site. Galax definitely outplayed Glenvar, but I also know that Glenvar has improved a lot. Galax may have as well, but Glenvar’s offense is rolling now since adding Street to the backfield. He doesn’t run as hard as Loader but he has more speed and is averaging over 10 yards per carry. Either way, I don’t see Grayson being able to overpower Galax.

12 hours ago, trublue said:

oyv8nDg4_bigger.jpg MetroNews HS Sports @MetroNewsPrep

By MetroNews in High School Sports | October 30, 2018 at 2:15PM

Here's where your team stands in the playoff picture with just one week remaining in the regular season.

WVSSAC Playoff Ratings: Week 10

If Bluefield wins on Friday night at Woodrow Wilson, they will jump to the #2 seed for the playoffs...