Akers Out at GC?

LongTimeSWVAFan

I would Love to see Coach Colley get back into coaching. I think he had a few more years left in him when Haysi was shut down. I think if the right situation came around he might be someones OC (just coach not teach). 

11 hours ago, Leatherhead Larry said:

Ballard 

Mance

Colley 

Colobro 

Turner 

Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, I now present the most compelling piece of evidence that proves, beyond a reasonable doubt, Gate City has the most delusional fan base in the State. 

But in all seriousness. I have heard on a couple of occasions that Darren Reed is not interested in being head coach as for the same reasons he decided to leave Abingdon as HC. Not sure if rumors or the truth. 

Heard there was a lot of action going on at the SB building on Tuesday, wasn’t a scheduled SB meeting date. Possible interviews? 

18 minutes ago, who? said:

Big week for the future....who y’all got getting job?

you have to know who the candidates are before you can logically discuss a replacement......whoever it is... that after another 1-9, 2-8 or 3-7 season no one will be happy with them either..

It is either reed or houseright....the job is not appealing to anybody else who would be a good coach.   Other outside candidates will be in same mold as Akers.  You really need to be familiar with Scott county politics to fully understand the problems that come with that job. 

5 hours ago, Leatherhead Larry said:

Big week? Do you know something the rest of us do not? And we have to know candidates before we start guessing who will get the job. 

Interviews tomorrow per the website.

http://www.scottschools.com/UserFiles/Servers/Server_256836/File/Board Agendas/2018 Board Agendas/Called meeting notice November 27.pdf

8 hours ago, who? said:

You really need to be familiar with Scott county politics to fully understand the problems that come with that job. 

You really need to be familiar with the Gate City fan base to fully understand the problems that come with that job.