Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jonah58

Grundy @ Central

Recommended Posts

 
 

The prize for beating Grundy would most likely be playing Ridgeview in round 1, which is no prize. But the playoff experience is invaluable, especially if Central is to make anything of this run of talent the next 3 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 

This would be a good win to end the season on for Central with an almost guaranteed #8 seed. However, a win for Grundy could get them a home game in the first round. Both have something to play for, so it should be a hard fought, competitive game. I would give Grundy a slight edge, but not enough for a certain victory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
1 minute ago, Union_Fan said:

This would be a good win to end the season on for Central with an almost guaranteed #8 seed. However, a win for Grundy could get them a home game in the first round. Both have something to play for, so it should be a hard fought, competitive game. I would give Grundy a slight edge, but not enough for a certain victory.

I think Central's strength of schedule is an advantage. We've played tougher opponents overall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
 

Its that time of year.  Last games of the season and being #8 in the rankings pretty important to teams just on the outside looking in.  Central has a lot to play for in this one.  Grundy is safely in the 1A playoffs.

If your not in, you want in and #8 is good enough regardless if you have to play the #1 Seed.  At least you are in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
12 minutes ago, Michael_389 said:

How exactly young is Central?? How many Seniors are on this team??

3 seniors that play. Maybe 5 left on the team.

We start 5 freshmen and 2 sophomores on defense, 4 freshmen and 2 sophomores on offense. Only 4 juniors currently on the team, and they all play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
 
 
On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 5:05 PM, jonah58 said:

3 seniors that play. Maybe 5 left on the team.

We start 5 freshmen and 2 sophomores on defense, 4 freshmen and 2 sophomores on offense. Only 4 juniors currently on the team, and they all play.

Come on guys, Lets not pretend anymore about Central.  These dang freshmen by all accounts should be sophomores.  4 or 5 are holdbacks.  Now I have nothing against holdbacks and I am from Wise, but that Great 7th and 8th grade team they had were really 9th graders playing down.  The biggest problem I see right now with Central is not the skill position but rather the line play on both sides of the ball.  I don't see any linemen in the future.  The Mnt 7 is a tough place to play without good linemen week in and week out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
24 minutes ago, Bigtom said:

Come on guys, Lets not pretend anymore about Central.  These dang freshmen by all accounts should be sophomores.  4 or 5 are holdbacks.  Now I have nothing against holdbacks and I am from Wise, but that Great 7th and 8th grade team they had were really 9th graders playing down.  The biggest problem I see right now with Central is not the skill position but rather the line play on both sides of the ball.  I don't see any linemen in the future.  The Mnt 7 is a tough place to play without good linemen week in and week out

Who's pretending? Nobody tried to misrepresent who they were or their ages. Also, nobody said anything about any 7th and 8th grade teams. And really if you want to be technical, only one of the hold backs has a true age advantage, but that doesn't even translate into a size advantage for him. Let's say they are all sophomore age just to appease you. So? Does that mean they are not a young team anymore? Nope. 4 freshman hold backs with the other freshmen mixed in plus 2 sophomore hold backs is not an advantage, and it doesn't change anything that I have stated. Let's also not "pretend" that any other team that Central has played this year does not have some varied ages. So what's your point?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
1 hour ago, jonah58 said:

Who's pretending? Nobody tried to misrepresent who they were or their ages. Also, nobody said anything about any 7th and 8th grade teams. And really if you want to be technical, only one of the hold backs has a true age advantage, but that doesn't even translate into a size advantage for him. Let's say they are all sophomore age just to appease you. So? Does that mean they are not a young team anymore? Nope. 4 freshman hold backs with the other freshmen mixed in plus 2 sophomore hold backs is not an advantage, and it doesn't change anything that I have stated. Let's also not "pretend" that any other team that Central has played this year does not have some varied ages. So what's your point?

Again, I said I don't have an issue with the holdbacks.  I think in certain situations it is a great thing for a kid to hold back due to maturity ect:  I don't however agree with holding a meeting with 8th grade parents and trying to convince them to hold back the whole lot of them as the majority it is not a good thing.  If a kid is ok with grades and maturity then no reason to hold them back.  After all as coaches they should be teaching young men to become productive adults and look out for the best interest for the kids.  Obviously we will just have to agree to disagree and again I have no ill will toward you or anyone on this board.  Just stating my oppinions like everyone else is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...