Sproles Ejection (Ridgeview)

LongTimeSWVAFan

2 hours ago, 2000wave said:

1 game or 3....players should know better than to throw a punch.  I feel sorry for him, but he knew the repercussion.

My high school principal always told me, it's the one that retaliates that gets caught. Case & point, right here if Honaker player threw first punch. 

Not to jump on Sproles, who I love as a player and seems to be a good kid, but this kind of stuff has gotten out of hand at Ridgeview. Every week we get multiple penalties for players trash talking and several punches have been thrown. Why would you punch somebody wearing a helmet? I’m disappointed that Rick Mullins hasn’t gotten this under control, and surprised we haven’t had an ejection before this. 

1 hour ago, big ugly vol said:

Not to jump on Sproles, who I love as a player and seems to be a good kid, but this kind of stuff has gotten out of hand at Ridgeview. Every week we get multiple penalties for players trash talking and several punches have been thrown. Why would you punch somebody wearing a helmet? I’m disappointed that Rick Mullins hasn’t gotten this under control, and surprised we haven’t had an ejection before this. 

There was an ejection last night it seems. A costly one. I hate it for the kid, but if you are going to play with fire, their is a consequence 

What’s was the call on the field? That’s what will determine his playoff future. Fighting or 2 unsportsmanlike conducts or profanity, etc...?  If any of you were there knowing what penalty Ridgeview received after the ejection might be able to tell us. 

2 minutes ago, Smyhcounty said:

What’s was the call on the field? That’s what will determine his playoff future. Fighting or 2 unsportsmanlike conducts or profanity, etc...?  If any of you were there knowing what penalty Ridgeview received after the ejection might be able to tell us. 

Did you click on Twitter link in the post above? Twitter feed seems to point to he was ejected for throwing a punch which he denies and he also calls refs out on Twitter as "ridiculous" and says the Honaker player threw punch and he didn't react. Don't know if game will be support his claim or if it was even caught on tape since the incident was allegedly behind the play. 

He says the other kid threw the first punch, then he said they got the wrong player????I hope there is film of the incident from either Ridgeview or Honaker or a fan , most family members tend to film their kids all the time. Just my two cents , a half of play seams like punishment enough to me , 3 games is way to much

21 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Did you click on Twitter link in the post above? Twitter feed seems to point to he was ejected for throwing a punch which he denies and he also calls refs out on Twitter as "ridiculous" and says the Honaker player threw punch and he didn't react. Don't know if game will be support his claim or if it was even caught on tape since the incident was allegedly behind the play. 

Still it depends on the penalty. He could have received 2 unsportsmanlikes and been ejected. It would’ve been at the discretion of the officials. 

19 minutes ago, jarhead24219 said:

He says the other kid threw the first punch, then he said they got the wrong player????I hope there is film of the incident from either Ridgeview or Honaker or a fan , most family members tend to film their kids all the time. Just my two cents , a half of play seams like punishment enough to me , 3 games is way to much

I hope if he really didn't throw a punch, then there is film somewhere to verify it. Hate to see him out three games if he actually didn't do it. I think the 3 games is a rule change, pretty sure it used to be two games, don't know when it changed. 

2 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

I hope if he really didn't throw a punch, then there is film somewhere to verify it. Hate to see him out three games if he actually didn't do it. I think the 3 games is a rule change, pretty sure it used to be two games, don't know when it changed. 

In our game on the second play we hit a big pass (which got called back for holding) and Sproles ripped the helmet off of our reciever and slung it 15 yards down the sideline. Ironically, and amazingly, no penalty was called on that play, but he did later on have an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for jawing and shoving. I like the kid but this stuff some times gets out of hand. I'm not saying he did or didn't do it, but I wouldn't be shocked if he did.