Graham vs Virginia High

Bluefield researcher

56 minutes ago, #1BLUESFAN said:

If the g men was to loose there qb due to a injury then they will be in a lot of trouble...but hopefully that don't happen.

Lester would be hard to handle for any defense at the QB position. Smart, very fast, and has a nice touch on the ball with his passes. 

38 minutes ago, 99Bama said:

Lester would be hard to handle for any defense at the QB position. Smart, very fast, and has a nice touch on the ball with his passes. 

The times he has played at QB I have been very impressed. If Cam was to be injured, it obviously would hurt, but Lester can hold his own. Great athlete. 

Graham has the best athletes in the region and it’s not even close. Speed kills and they have plenty of it. The only thing that will slow them down at far a region D goes is injury, a team dominating them at the line of scrimmage (they are much improved in that department from years past), or a muddy field. VA high has a thunder and lightening back field with Rose and the freshman. The Mulumba kid is a freak on the d line along with #77 but they played before and it wasn’t close I’m not sure how much losing their leader early in the game had to do with that but as long as graham doesn’t over look them it should be the same result.

21 hours ago, ojrussell said:

I will hold my nose and pull for Graham. No love for them , but Region D is us and we are one come playoff time.

I will gladly cheer on whatever team makes it to the state for Region D and be happy for them. After all, they are all high school kids working toward the same goal no matter the school they attend. Are they always perfect, not a chance but they are kids. As adults we should be the standard bearer for sportsmanship. With that said, Go GMen! If another team comes out on top for Region D, then I'll cheer "Bring it home to SWVA boys!" 

2 hours ago, Jags52 said:

Graham has the best athletes in the region and it’s not even close. Speed kills and they have plenty of it. The only thing that will slow them down at far a region D goes is injury, a team dominating them at the line of scrimmage (they are much improved in that department from years past), or a muddy field. VA high has a thunder and lightening back field with Rose and the freshman. The Mulumba kid is a freak on the d line along with #77 but they played before and it wasn’t close I’m not sure how much losing their leader early in the game had to do with that but as long as graham doesn’t over look them it should be the same result.

We’re u at the game, when VA High played them. 2 of their best players were out!  Va High is the closest thing to a speed team as far as Graham, but that train is hard to stop. If Graham overlooks it will be more than close. 

2 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

I will gladly cheer on whatever team makes it to the state for Region D and be happy for them. After all, they are all high school kids working toward the same goal no matter the school they attend. Are they always perfect, not a chance but they are kids. As adults we should be the standard bearer for sportsmanship. With that said, Go GMen! If another team comes out on top for Region D, then I'll cheer "Bring it home to SWVA boys!" 

You are correct in your comments about my post. I have nothing against any Kid who plays for Graham. It is just  that I remember the time when if ones team lost is was like  the victor  would burn the town. 

25 minutes ago, FoxTrot said:

We’re u at the game, when VA High played them. 2 of their best players were out!  Va High is the closest thing to a speed team as far as Graham, but that train is hard to stop. If Graham overlooks it will be more than close. 

I was not at that game but I’ve seen them play. IMO Tazewell has more overall speed than VA High but VA high is more disciplined and better up front than that Tazewell group. VA High has all kinds of speed in the back field but not anyone that scares you on the outside. There is always a chance especially if it rains and Graham can not connect on deep balls.

Wish both teams the best, but think Graham wins, on a dry field, on a muddy field, in snow, rain, sleet, sunshine, it doesn't matter.  If Va High wins it will truly be an upset, and then I'll cheer for them next week, unless they play Richlands.  Hope both teams play injury free and have a bunch of fun doing so.

Looks like the the sun will be shining for this game, but it will be cold. I expect a hard fought game, but I just don't think Va High can overcome Graham's speed. I look for Graham to win this game by 21+ and travel to Big Stone Gap next week to face the Bears.

Good luck to both teams and I hope it is an injury free game for all involved.

1 hour ago, GMan said:

Right now, it is sunny but windy and cold (22*F on my back patio) with a skiff of snow on the ground...

At least we have sun out and no rain for today's game. imagine if it was 22* and raining.......be a long miserable day.

Some cleaning up before next week's game with Union; some great plays today but less than stellar performance overall compared to last few weeks. Not sure if it was overconfidence or cold temps but a win is a win nonetheless! Let's get our heads on straight, and focused this week, GMen, don't want to see a repeat of last year's outcome at Bullit Field.