Eastside vs Chilhowie

Smythcounty

2 hours ago, Michael_389 said:

I think it'll be closer. Road to Salem want be as easy as people think.

Chilhowie beat the #3 team in Region D by 35 points, and doubled up (23) the #2 team in Region D.  Those were the only two teams to score more than 10 points on Chilhowie this season.  Galax will be the first real challenge Chilhowie will face (and a challenge they are).

37 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Chilhowie beat the #3 team in Region D by 35 points, and doubled up (23) the #2 team in Region D.  Those were the only two teams to score more than 10 points on Chilhowie this season.  Galax will be the first real challenge Chilhowie will face (and a challenge they are).

Being able to have one way players is a huge advantage for them considering they are a 1a school. Chilhowie vs PH round 2 might be a good game if Palmer can make adjustments the second time around but I still don’t know if they will help. If everything goes to as it should and everyone stays healthy Chilhowie and Galax should be fun to watch

1 hour ago, UVAObserver said:

People have underestimated Chilhowie all year. I hope they go and get what they deserve. 

I'm not convinced Galax is the challenge everybody thinks it going to be.  I've seen them play a couple of time this year and I just don't know, I hope I'm right.😀  But anyways, we have Eastside first, one game at a time.  

1 hour ago, Smyhcounty said:

I'm not convinced Galax is the challenge everybody thinks it going to be.  I've seen them play a couple of time this year and I just don't know, I hope I'm right.😀  But anyways, we have Eastside first, one game at a time.  

Everyone knows this is Chilhowie's year to at least make it state championship game.

Galax is always a challenge. They seem to be playing to their competition for some reason this year but they are always dangerous.  But like it has been said one game at a time. State is in the back of their minds but this year they aren't looking over anyone. That's why I think they are being so dominant. 

With the two defensive starters back, I think it will be more of the same as the last game. After last weeks game, I don't see the weather putting a damper on them either. 

2 hours ago, Smyhcounty said:

I  just joined this forum although I have not seen anything on Rivals to indicate that Chilhowie is being overlooked. Except for the Riverheads bunch, but being in the finals three years in a row and winning two of them I guess will give you alot of confidence and probably justifiably so. 

Although I too have seen Galax play a couple of times this year as well as watched Chilhowie against GW. 

CHS 90 is correct I believe they are playing to there competition this year, which is uncharacteristic of a Dixon coached team.  I watched them play Radford, Glenvar and GW.  And they have two personalities. They absolutly thrashed Radford and we see how Radford turned out this year. The played right with Glenvar and could of come out on top if the ball bounces a different way.  Then they played l GW like a bunch of jv boys and I heard it was the same at Fort Chiswell. 

I watched Chilhowie and GW, Chilhowie looked good, certainly good enough to be playing in Salem at the end of the year.  

Although I would not count Galax out. Chilhowie has not faced a coaching staff or the talent like Galax all year. You are correct in the fact that having everybody back this year makes a difference for Chilhowie . Although so does Galax for the most part. Galax lost a 3k rusher in people's and a stud lineman in the Brown kid. That was the only  big loses for Galax to graduation. 

. When they met last year Galax had lost Peoples to a first round injury and Brown had  torn ligaments in his shoulder.  So in  essence Galax had everyone back that played against Chilhowie last year. The loss of people's would be huge to any team. To learn how to win without your 3k rusher is a monumental task.  

Chilhowie barely squeaked by a depleted Galax team last year with taking the lead for the first time of the Game at the very end. Chilhowies QB had the game of his life last year against Galax, he was phenomenal and could not miss that day. Although If  people's was playing Galax would of won that game by a couple of scores. 

So yes Galax will be a monumental challenge for Chilhowie.    I just hope it is a team out of the west hosting the trophy instead of the Red team. 

41 minutes ago, BlasterG said:

I  just joined this forum although I have not seen anything on Rivals to indicate that Chilhowie is being overlooked. Except for the Riverheads bunch, but being in the finals three years in a row and winning two of them I guess will give you alot of confidence and probably justifiably so. 

Although I too have seen Galax play a couple of times this year as well as watched Chilhowie against GW. 

CHS 90 is correct I believe they are playing to there competition this year, which is uncharacteristic of a Dixon coached team.  I watched them play Radford, Glenvar and GW.  And they have two personalities. They absolutly thrashed Radford and we see how Radford turned out this year. The played right with Glenvar and could of come out on top if the ball bounces a different way.  Then they played l GW like a bunch of jv boys and I heard it was the same at Fort Chiswell. 

I watched Chilhowie and GW, Chilhowie looked good, certainly good enough to be playing in Salem at the end of the year.  

Although I would not count Galax out. Chilhowie has not faced a coaching staff or the talent like Galax all year. You are correct in the fact that having everybody back this year makes a difference for Chilhowie . Although so does Galax for the most part. Galax lost a 3k rusher in people's and a stud lineman in the Brown kid. That was the only  big loses for Galax to graduation. 

. When they met last year Galax had lost Peoples to a first round injury and Brown had  torn ligaments in his shoulder.  So in  essence Galax had everyone back that played against Chilhowie last year. The loss of people's would be huge to any team. To learn how to win without your 3k rusher is a monumental task.  

Chilhowie barely squeaked by a depleted Galax team last year with taking the lead for the first time of the Game at the very end. Chilhowies QB had the game of his life last year against Galax, he was phenomenal and could not miss that day. Although If  people's was playing Galax would of won that game by a couple of scores. 

So yes Galax will be a monumental challenge for Chilhowie.    I just hope it is a team out of the west hosting the trophy instead of the Red team. 

I think Chilhowie will be a monumental for Galax also. Not just the other way around. Chilhowie this year can play with anyone in 1A and some 2A teams just as well as Galax. I understand some people's opinion because some of the teams they played were weaker teams but they blew them out like they should have. I hope the west brings the trophy back also. Chilhowie or Galax. If they both make it to the semis, it should be a great game.

16 hours ago, CHS90 said:

I think Chilhowie will be a monumental for Galax also. Not just the other way around. Chilhowie this year can play with anyone in 1A and some 2A teams just as well as Galax. I understand some people's opinion because some of the teams they played were weaker teams but they blew them out like they should have. I hope the west brings the trophy back also. Chilhowie or Galax. If they both make it to the semis, it should be a great game.

you're nicer than I am, I would have replied with more venom because of all the backhanded compliments about beating Galax last year.

30 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

you're nicer than I am, I would have replied with more venom because of all the backhanded compliments about beating Galax last year.

Galax would have won that game last year 4/5 of the time they played.  Chilhowie caught them on time #5, and Chilhowie out-executed them and out-hustled them.  Galax would have given Riverheads a much better game, but Galax didn’t earn the right to be there.

I would have loved to have  seen Dougie get to play in the playoffs last year. That kid was an extremely hard working and humble kid that unfortunately got a bad break the first play of the game in round 1 of the playoffs.   Although you have to win with what you got. Blaster G is correct in the fact that the QB from Chilhowie did have an outstanding game. 

8 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Naa Everyone has their opinion. I just try to look at this year and what they have done.  Not what would have happened or how many times they would have won against some one.  It's playoff time.  Win or go home.  No matter who you have or don't have.  A complete team doesn't depend on one player. I guess it could be said if Chilhowie had scored on the 4 and inches in the state final, the score would have been 14-7 right before half. Then if they hadn't have fumble on the first drive of the second half they might have scored again. If their RB hadn't got hurt in the second quarter. Riverheads beat them, no excuses but that was last year. Over and done with. I try to show respect to all teams.

If Galax is playing to their competition then it should be a good game between the two (if they both make it) because Chilhowie is a legit team. If Galax plays in a lull, Chilhowie will beat them comfortably. However I do give Chilhowie the edge this year.  All they got to do is take care of business like they have been. 

If we all played by our opinion or ifs,  all the teams would have 10 or 11 different championships..lol